Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
location idea - the Hundred Cities
11-23-2006, 07:31 PM,

If it refers to concept art , sure , dpo it !
11-23-2006, 09:35 PM,

I just moved, so I don't really have a way to scan the concept art yet... but some of the ideas I had were:

Mosaics and paintings-- Random art built into the arcitecture.

Star-maps: Maps of the heavens painted onto domes, pillars, floors, walls-- whatever. A giant room with a star map painted across the floor and ceiling would be pretty cool to look at.
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
11-24-2006, 12:30 AM,

Cool with me however stuff gets done - sems that the hundred cities is potentially so big that any number of folks can jump in. But stuff has to get done if this is to progress...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
11-24-2006, 01:38 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Cool with me however stuff gets done - sems that the hundred cities is potentially so big that any number of folks can jump in. But stuff has to get done if this is to progress...

Mhmm. Big Grin

I've started experimenting with textures already. I do not think the ayelid tileset will work though....
11-24-2006, 11:03 AM,

No probs DarkEclipse, Ayelied was a passing thought someone offered rather than basic game-plan.

Really kingevil's concept is Khajiiti-based in more recent centuries. I suspect that it might be a opportunity for some entirely new architecture too.

The reason that the 16 states thread is important is that the nature of those states would likely be reflected in the more recent showings of this ancient pile.

Then the next question as we go deeper is about what other 'forgotten' stages of khajiiti development, other races' and civilisations might seriously be represented there.

If you check the Cat that Walks Trailer Thread you will see that the main story makes reference to the actual creation of the desert for example ...
= once you go back far enought the climate might have been different, there might have been races from other continents represented there etc ... your imagination and skills are the limit really ... :yes:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

11-24-2006, 04:05 PM,

We could make an entire new titleset , yes and it well be needed for most of the place . However for centrain locations I am planning to use the aylied titleset . locations like places that one where temples. Also , i think that the petra gates perfectly show the style of the city i had in mind . A city in this architectural style would work very well . I'm 100% sure that it will look great in that architecture style .
11-24-2006, 08:31 PM,

Actually, I don't think an entirely new tileset is necessary. There's still the Imperial Dungeon set. I'll re-texture a few pieces of that and see how it turns out. :yes:
11-24-2006, 10:03 PM,

kingevil: Maybe you would have to decide when the Ayelid were in the vicinity so as to decide where in the order of cities they might have controlled the surface? And also, who came before the Ayelied?

DE - the idea of am entirely new tileset sounds great ... will be essential unless all the levels are to be the same ... and even possibly more than one?

Thing is that this can be a great experimental station for 'ruins' all over Elsweyr, and perhaps in other Provinces ...
Steven Erikson.

11-25-2006, 03:35 PM,

Star rooms would also be cool , maybe hide this in one of those painting as an easter egg . Before the days of the altmer there where the demon cats ( ancient khajit . From TIL :

The cat demons of four legs and two ran the river's
Length, always keeping the boat in their
Green-eyed sight, hissing, and spitting, and
Roaring with rage.
But the sailors never had to brave the shores, for
Fruit trees welcomed them, dropping their
Arms down to the river's edge as if to
Embrace the mer, and the men took the
Fruit quickly before the cats could pounce.
For eleven days, they traveled north, until they came
To a crystalline lake, and eight islands of
Surpassing beauty and peace.
Brilliant flightful creatures of glorious colors
Greeted them in Aldmeri language,
Making the mer wonder, until they
Understood they were only calling back
The word they were speaking without
Understanding it, and then the sailors
Laughed.
Topal the Pilot was enchanted with the islands
And the feathered men who lived there.
There the Niben stayed for a moon, and the bird
Men learned how to speak their own words,
And with taloned feet, to write.
In joy for their new knowledge, they made Topal
Their lord, giving him their islands for the
Gift.
Topal said he would return someday, but first he
Must find the passage east to Firsthold, so
Far away.

This last fragment is bittersweet for a number of reasons.

We know that this strange, friendly feathered people the Pilot encounters will be lost - in fact, this poem is the only one where mention is made of the bird creatures of Cyrodiil. The literacy that Topal gives them is evidently not enough to save them from their eventual fate, likely at the hands of the "cat demons," who we may assume are ancient Khajiiti
11-25-2006, 03:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
DE - the idea of am entirely new tileset sounds great ... will be essential unless all the levels are to be the same ... and even possibly more than one?

Thing is that this can be a great experimental station for 'ruins' all over Elsweyr, and perhaps in other Provinces ...

Hmm.... I guess you're right there.

Kingevil: That's interesting. :yes:

But I'm kind of confused about what "fragment" means... I've seen it all over, but never really gave much thought as to what it would mean.