Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
location idea - the Hundred Cities
11-25-2006, 04:34 PM,

Fragment: When a plate is smashed the small pieces are called fragments - it is used frequently in archeology where they piece together the 'fragmants' of old or ancient works to recreate objects. This also applies to written works where only small parts remain.

kingevil - I have been carrying around a page of the most popular hubble galaxies as a bookmark for some days now, thinking what I might do with them - great idea, and th epoem is a great find too. I will put it into our Approved Lore section as it must not get lost. :goodjob:
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
12-19-2006, 02:00 PM,

Here is some more idea : The snake faction was the ritchest and most owerful state, the king was a wise man , and he could not die by age , he had ruled the snake faction for thousands of ages , his cousin as advisor and a army general . He too could not die of age . However , he got greedy and started a civil war to overthow the king , the land of the snake faction was in chaos . For years the civil war continued , eventually , the king captured his cousin . At first he thought of killing him , but then he got an idea for a mutch worse punishment : He would be placed in a sarcophaag ( transilation in english ? ) and be locked away for al of eternity . However , afther this the snake faction was weakened so mutch that the other factions could easily winn a war against them . And the snake faction got forgotte, . Until now . And the cousin is still there , waiting for someone to free him from his imprisonment . Good background story ?
12-20-2006, 07:47 PM,

Any comments on story so far ?
12-21-2006, 02:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by kingevil
Any comments on story so far ?

Sounds pretty cool!! :goodjob: I don?t even know what the snake faction is though, not at all read up about Elsweyr...
Btw, why was the snake faction weekened when the cousin was captured? Was it because the cousin was a significant leader? ...or just the tide of battle turning against them?

Pretty cool to meet the cousin!! Will you be able to release him? If so, what will he do?
Skyrim for Oblivion Music
(last update: December 11 -06) (Nothing is final)...
All comments, suggestions and criticism is welcome!!
12-21-2006, 02:23 PM,

It was weakend because most peoplew here dead after the civil war that was caused thanks to the cousin . i'm planning to release the cousin , yes .
12-21-2006, 06:59 PM,

Ok , here is the a basic version of of the beginning of storyline related to the dungeon :

chapter 1 : the awakening

journal entry one : *insetr name here * has givven me the task to protect a small group of archeologists on their way to a hall whit some interesting texts written on the wall that should be trtanselated . A rather easy task .

journal entry 2 :Things have gone completely wrong ! On our way to the hall the flour under us collapsed . We explore the place we have reached and hope we find a way out .

area description : very dark , narrow hallways . Only light sources are red glowing crystals .

journal entry four : WE appear to be in some sort of tomb . We should explore the tom in search of a way out .

area description : To the left and right there are rows of statues . On the end there should be stair leading to a highter platfotm . On the platform is a sorphague . The statues are 3 meters high , a very hard type of ston .

not a journal entry , just a description of what happens next : You walk towards the sorphague , but halfway there , the statues come alive . You try to figh them but fail . You run away , towards the platform . One of the statues tries to hit you but accidently hits the sorphague , opening it .
The cousin is now freed . The cousin goes on a killing spree , slaying the statues whitout any trouble . One of the statues flies backwards when he is hit , hitting a wall , the wall gets destroed opening a way to escape ofr ypu . You run away while the cousin is busy whit the statues .

Still pretty basic , but what do you think ?
12-21-2006, 09:58 PM,

I just had a concept idea for a large, central room. I'll try to get it up quick.
12-21-2006, 11:48 PM,

kingevil - suggest you read the 16 states LORE that Kyoushu and I have been very carefully building. The snake faction is a secret faction = a state within a state. The only reason that we have not put this in Lore as yet is that we have to work on the symbology of the connect-up to the Birthsigns Lore and the general anthropological structure.

If you want to start your 100 cities with a king of another faction that is fine - but please use the snake faction as a secret society that destroys within in a different way each time, and portray it that way.

I shudder to think what the two of you might devise together, but you might ask shadow what he thinks ... raggidman hides in his corner, hands tremblin' as he wonders what he has started now.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
12-23-2006, 02:26 AM,

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b320/C...s_ruin.jpg
Here's what I was thinking. *shrug*
12-23-2006, 09:40 AM,

Thats pretty good ! Ok , so I edited the story a bit .

For ages the snake faction infltrated the higher ranks Of other factions . They had planned a suprise attack in witch they would slay all the leaders of all other factions in one night . But just 2 days before the attack , someone had a bit too mutch skomma and said more then he was supposed yo say . Now the leaders of the factions knew about the snake faction and cleaned their ranks quicly . Replace te cousin by the leader of the snake faction and you will have a lore correct version .