Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
more music
03-06-2006, 02:24 AM,
more music
Hi everyone! First post here...

First I?ll say I loved Silgrad Tower for Morrowind!!! Absolutely awesome! And it?s nice to see it moving to Oblivion Smile

So I thought I might contribute with some music, but I see you allready have a man at the job, and a great one at that!!

Anyway, I thought I?d stop by with alittle demo.

http://files.filefront.com/hm_0mp3/;4844...einfo.html

--------------------- Edit: 2006-03-10 ------------------------------

I?ve started on a new song for some mountain hall or dungeon (in Skyrim I was thinking). It?s not an idle exploration song me thinks, too heavy for that...

Note that it?s not at all complete, mixed or mastered in any way. Only the basic arrangement for about a forth of the song (1 out of 4 mins).

Tell me what you think!!! Is it nice? Or does it suck? Or something in between? Smile

http://files.filefront.com/hm_1mp3/;4863...einfo.html

ps. Is it ok to post stuff for the Skyrim mod here? Or should I continue in the Skyrim section?
Skyrim for Oblivion Music
(last update: December 11 -06) (Nothing is final)...
All comments, suggestions and criticism is welcome!!
03-06-2006, 02:38 AM,

Hi -Sulan- and welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

Great job, I really liked it! Very soothing and mellow. We should definitely use it in the mod! :goodjob:

Anaglyph made really great music for our Oblivion mod, coupled with the songs we had from before by intelligentsia, but in my opinion that will never cancel out the possibility of using songs from other compsers such as yourself. Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-06-2006, 02:49 AM,

Then I?ll continue posting tunes here when I have something new...

I was thinking I?ll make a set so to speak, with tune(s) for:
*Themelike/heroic - Like the on I included allthough it?s alittle sketchy
*Combat
*Idle - walking around in the forest
*Tense - when dungeon crawling or the like
Skyrim for Oblivion Music
(last update: December 11 -06) (Nothing is final)...
All comments, suggestions and criticism is welcome!!
03-06-2006, 02:54 AM,

Excellent idea, go right ahead. Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
03-06-2006, 03:02 AM,

very good music!
wow, so many composers stepping into the light!
03-06-2006, 04:14 PM,

This piece would fit to Skyrim's landscape: the silence and majesty of the woods, the mountains and the snow, mixed with a dose of loneliness...perfect!

Bought! Wink

If you have fun creating more of that kind, expressing subtle or more obvious emotions (from dark caverns to loud Nedic taverns), be our guest... Smile

Z.
Squirrel, squirrel, canst thou see? There?s a Snow Elf behind thee!
03-06-2006, 09:49 PM,

It sounds awesome. I can't point out anything I didn't like. The beat was good, and it's perfect for exploring. I agree with Zarkis.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
03-06-2006, 11:26 PM,

I don't mean to stop any creative juces flowing as far as all of this music creation goes, but perhaps we should keep in mind that we don't know much about how OB's music and sound is going to be set up yet. Not to say that you can't make music yet, but I wouldn't get my head set on exacly where it should go until we get a taste of bethesda's style, we don't want anything to seem to out of place.
03-06-2006, 11:30 PM,

Well we do have the main title, and it sounds like a more militant version of the TESIII theme. So, we can assume that it will probably be similar, though perhaps with a more orchestral feel to it. Of course, having a more TESIII feel for Morrowind province music would be fitting (can we reuse the TESIII stuff?) and having another varient for Skyrim makes sense as well.
03-06-2006, 11:59 PM,

TES3 Music = Assets = Copyright violation = Aint gonna happen. Smile

To simplify a bit, anything from TES3 that isn't text can't be brought with us, period.

Music is special in that it's legal to make a cover version of it, so if for some reason someone wanted to, they could duplicate tracks from TES3 in a music program, note for note, and it'd be perfectly free from copyright violation. You can't do that with a book for instance, so it's a special case in that sense. But personally I think it would be much better all-round to use newly-composed music from the hands of our esteemed members than ripping off Bethesda. Big Grin

Bringing over text would normally be a copyright violation, but sites like The Imperial Library have set precedence that Bethesda doesn't mind it.

Sulan's piece is definitely great exploration music, I think. It would need to be longer though, five or six minutes maybe, so it doesn't sound repetetive when listened to again and again.

Maybe we can put it in a playlist in the master mod and have it play randomly together with potentially other exploration music pieces in all our areas?
Angel mired in filth