Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quick question
05-07-2007, 09:25 AM,
I will try to recreate Vvardenfell as I see it from ES3.

But I might get something wrong so that is why I would need a foreman/forewoman

The space would definatly be larger so that would be difficult to extrapolate the grid's correlation and compensate for size according to the mods specifications.

I was never good with math. So I became a problem gambler and it paid off really well (took care of the problem gambling).

I have about 55 million dollars at my disposal, If i cannot do it, I can definatly hire individuals and make a modding company out of interest for this project and its completion.

I estimate if I get this off the ground in 6 months that with a good experienced team of 90-110 computer game engineers that this project can be complete in less than 6 months.

Your decision.

Appendage: Oh and it would also be faster than bethdesa has ever been
We would whip bethsoft at their own game making while providing saavy die hard ES fans some good quality mods.
05-07-2007, 10:16 AM,

doctors report:

excessive bruising of the lower jaw caused by jaw hitting the floor constantly.

treatment: minature crashmat tied to chin to read the next post

however I think kuzula won't like the hire a game studio thing cause its his mod and he wants to do it and I know I want to do to without a team of 100 devs behind me.

oh and for the new comp I have a few tips

core 2 duo extreme 8800 GTX oced liquid cooled 4 gig ram big ass psu and a canvas for screenshots
05-07-2007, 01:58 PM,

Quote:55 million dollars at my disposal
If you're being serious, then you're the most lucky person I've ever spoke with. Big Grin

If I had that much, I'd be buyin' houses and cars and shit (even though I'm only like, 16)!

But anyhow, if you're really up for modding Vvardenfell, then that's great! Only thing is though, like I said earlier, we don't have all the right pieces yet to build most exteriors. So it might be a bit drab considering the lack of stuff at the moment. Thing we need most IMHO, is probably modellers and texture artists. Rocks and trees can be retextured to be like Vvardenfell regions easily, but normal mapping and stuff is the more technical bit, I think.

It'd be great if we had a few real good Vvardenfell specific modellers making the assets we need for the exterior like trees and things. ST Visual Development are doing an immense job too. :goodjob:
05-07-2007, 03:31 PM,

Indeed the most lucky man Big Grin Ah well I guess we have to see. Forgive us for beeing catious but you know lots of people claim things on the internet.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
05-07-2007, 06:46 PM,

yea, one of them helped to delay the progress of this mod about 6 months X(

so i am nice, but i stays cautious...

oldoldie, rename yourself lucklucky, and don't worry, we'll be around to help guide you, don't worry 'bout it. The great thing is that, if we can't answer a question, there's other projects with other skilled members who can help out as well. We are Beyond Cyrodiil modding community for TES4 Oblivion afterall.
05-08-2007, 12:25 AM,

If you were serious about throwing money into this project, would it be more prudent to hire people for modelers/texturers (and maybe even the fabled animators Big Grin) ? It seems to me that this mod would be ALOT closer to completion if all of the models/textures were completed so that people could just 'Give-ER' on things like wilderness areas and Cities without having to worry about how long it will take for a tileset for their project to come out.

Also, I remember many moons ago that that it had been discussed as to whether Stilt Striders and other creatures could be ridable, etc... as well as different varieties of fauna to inhabit the wilderness. While things like this can't take priority to people who are hard at work on things that are at the moment of more importance (Towns etc..) , if oldoldie was seriously thinking of hiring people to aid in the completion of this mod, would it be so bad to hire people to do some of the things that otherwise might not get done? Your creative geniuses would still be at the helm, some of the things that don't take priority would just get done faster.

:alert: If I'm out of line here, I appologise, I've just returned from a trip and read this post and I've got to say that my heart skipped a beat when I read what oldoldie had to say. :yes: (I appologise once again if I'm out of place, but I can't wait to get my hands on some Telvanni Tilesets! Wink )
05-08-2007, 01:36 AM,

lucklucky oldoldie has made a great offer, and yes Moryal I remember the silt strider idea...
a pro could probably easily get that into the mod for us... but don't hurt yourself...

if you choose to, consider it an investment for your later enjoyment... if you choose not to, thats not something that is inexcusable... I know for a fact my budget and time will make modding and managing harder and harder in the future possibly... and I am just glad for you
05-08-2007, 01:40 AM,

This, and all other mod projects, whether they be Silgrad, Beyond Cyrodiil, Oscuro, Martigen, Scruggs, or any other large modder or project are fueled by only one thing. The drive and originality of the modder himself.

We cannot tell you exactly what to place or where to place it, and only you can tell us why you place it. What we can do is supply a list of things which need to be done, and leave it to you to decide the what, where, and when.

So read the forums a bit, maybe claim yourself a town. I personally don't think it'd be the same if we had a team of hired modders, whether or not you are telling the truth. Plus there'd be all sorts of legal issues if we had a hired team making this methinks. It's bethesda's property, and once you stop modding for fun and start paying people, it's probably some kind of copyright infringement.

Have fun with it you know? If you've got that much free time, i'd suggest getting a hobby or two besides just modding. I've said it before, you can't just spend all your time modding. Go and buy yourself a tank and play with it for a bit, just to keep modding fun and fresh.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-08-2007, 01:52 AM,
Okay then.

No hiring of a team to finish the project.
I agree on what you say about the internet and only until proof is given that I have this kind of cashflow will you guys believe.

As for copywright infringement, it don't say that hiring of modders is prohibited in the User agreement that I hold myself to by the letter.

If the modding team was hired, the mod would still be at the helm of the creator(s) who respectfully owns the website and modded work.

So I will then await the new pc and when I do get it, I will let you know.
In the meantime, I must prepare my backup devices so I can transfer my stuff.

And as for how I got 55 million?
I won 8 million, invested some of it, and gambled some and won bigger prizes (roulette mainly), investments matured over the years and here I am.
05-08-2007, 09:09 AM,

WEll what all Beyond Cyrodiil project needs are modellors, that's all, ask them about their skills in low-polymodelling Wink
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"