Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quick question
05-08-2007, 09:29 PM,

Maybe he CAN help us find one of the fabled animators. A Composer, 5 star modeller, or Creature Design would be good too.
Lol what?
05-09-2007, 12:35 AM,
A few thoughts
- I don't see how there would be any infringement by using "hired help" unless the person who hired the help then tried to profit from the resulting work. As a computer guy. I've done "work for hire" many times. After I give the finished product to those who hired me, it is as much theirs as if they had done it themselves. It would be what they do with that product that would determine infringement. Caveat: so not a lawyer. Smile
- I agree with KKA that hiring an entire team of artists would be in essence trampling on the people working on the mod now. I also agree with IATE however that some of the talents needed on this or any other mod are rare and special and usually well-compensated. Big Grin If those people can be found and commissioned to do specific tasks (a musical theme, a Silt Strider, a complete Telvanni tileset, a Redguard voice that sounds like James Earl Jones), this I think wopuld be a good thing.
- i understand the importance of passion, but even the passionate tend to have to earn a living. A little money might help someone who otherwise couldn't take the time to contribute to actually contribute.
- All this is influenced by my perspective: I wanna play da thing. Big Grin I think my shacks have contributed to both ST & VV, but if a more experienced modeller had stepped up to the plate, I'd've said "Cool" and moved on.

Just sayin',
Steve
05-09-2007, 12:40 AM,

well, how about this...

oldoldie, what you do with your $ is up to you. If you'd like to hire a guy to do stuff for this mod, please allow me to somehow contact and interview etc. I know it sounds weird, but I want the guy to feel that they are being profeesionally contracted to do something, and wants to feel that he;s into what he's doing... not that he;s simply hired... know what I mean?

afterall, say after his contract is over, he might even feel like volunteering his help?
and also, I wouldn't advice having a high number, just 1-2...

nevertheless if we can effectively do this without having to hire anyone, then we shouldn't, but if it will help A LOT then I may consider it. But remember, when we are for free, its for fun, and it makes me a bit uneasy to know one of us will be paid to do it, where no one else is... and yet they are both contributing well to the mod...

take it all into consideration oldoldie, and you may decide if you want to, I won't say you CAN'T cause its your $ and all your positive forms of contribution to this mod are appreciated. Just keep in mind what I have said, thank you