Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rather stupid question
01-11-2006, 07:57 PM,
rather stupid question
aint quite sure if this is the place, but here it goes:

why is the mod called "tes4: vvardenfel" if its making not only vvardenvell, but also a substantial part of the mainland? wouldnt it be much more logical to call it Tes4: Morrowind or something? or just make vvardenfell....

ps. i got this info from the sing up thread:
Quote:landmass: Vvardenfell (yes Vvardenfell) Bal Falls, Narsis Firewatch & Telvanni Isles Mournhold, Necrom, Tear

ps. did a little search, count come up with anything, so ill ask that here as well. how exactly willl you be making the mainland cities? the ones listed above (Tear in particular) are a very large distance from vvardenfell. of the ones you mentioned, only Firewatch on the telvani isles is near/directly adjasent to vvardenfell.

just want to know, and prosibly bring up a flaw in your plan.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-11-2006, 09:06 PM,

They will probably be made as separate regions from both Vvardefell and Cyrodill, but connected to them both perhaps.

There are no stupid questions, there are only stupid answers and stupid people.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
01-11-2006, 10:25 PM,

Some ideas floated by in my head, which shouldn't be misinterpreted as having any bearing on anything at all; they just represent theoretical solutions that *could* work. Exquisemoi if they've been mentioned before.

? We know that Bethesda are making their (larger) towns into separate, walled-off cell loads, so it wouldn't be a problem to make the cities and just stop the player from walking outside them.
? You could paint a fast travel map, like the one Bethesda did for Cyrodiil, and let the player fast travel between the cities. Or it could be done by Mages Guild transport.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-12-2006, 12:25 AM,

If they were to be conected, you guys have a huge buttload of work. hundreds of extra cells that you dont wana build (trust me).

having teleport people (like to mournhold in tribunal) would work, but im not sure how it would blend with the game (esspecialy since the blight has been eliminated)
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
01-12-2006, 12:49 AM,

true... but maybe a special mage's teleportation system only for high ranking Blades members or people they can trust... (Ie. savior of Cyrodiil) ....maybe? Smile

also, those areas aren't priority.... it would be nice to be able to go to your Great House's HQ and talk to the head-honchos... and also have quests in the different cities.... but it isn't necessary... I mean it IS called TES4: Vvardenfell.... but anyhow... I think you guys get it
01-12-2006, 01:23 AM,

as someone much wiser than me once said:

whats in a name? Wink
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
01-26-2006, 01:30 PM,

What will be the chances of recovering shot arrow?
01-26-2006, 02:22 PM,

Not sure I understand your question, but if you mean to recover arrows that are sticking out of a corpse or a bucket that you just shot with your bow, then it is possible. It shows this example in the E3 demo.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-27-2006, 12:58 PM,

When you shoot someone and when you examine his corpse, will it open inventory of will you just take items that he has on himself?
01-28-2006, 06:04 PM,

i believe that once someone is dead you pull items right off their corpse, thats why all equipable items are visible now, and why we can move bodies around Big Grin

but that does bring up an interesting question, if thats tha case, how will we get meat and such (maybe its different for animals, but then how do you get vampire dust...)?
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"