Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
speedtree crash problem
02-17-2009, 05:47 PM,

I should've been more explicit, sorry, you only need SpeedTree CAD, either 3 or 4, normally this comes in the form of a plugin for 3dMax. but it's an independent exe.
You should export your tree from here and them do the textures and billboards.

Koniptions resources with plenty of trees:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=18961

I'll look for the swamp texture, made it a while ago for a mod that I never released.

Btw,
Are you guys doing your own worldspace with Argonia?
02-17-2009, 07:54 PM,

Thanks, JB. I've now got 3ds Max but it's not registered. However, I also have SpeedtreeCAD and I'm trying to get to grips with it. At the moment, the leaves and everything look corrupted so that my own trees (Senten's Black Marsh trees) won't display properly....and I'm not sure how to get the texture paths sorted for the branches either. There seems to be an 'add maps' option for the trunk and leaves (although the textures all look screwy). Does the CAD program have a problem with .dds files or something?

The standard trees show up fine though. Can they be used in Oblivion or would it infringe some kind of copyright clause? There seem to be plenty of resource packs for trees, including a jungle one. Do you think they can be used?

btw, Black Marsh does indeed have its own worldspace. Feel free to drop by the forums. I didn't realise you were referring to Koniption's resources. Koniption is actually one of our finest contributors and has achieved wonders for us.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-17-2009, 09:03 PM,

Nope, the CS just absolutely hates me! It's official.

I tried converting the .tga files from the sample trees in SpeedtreeCAD and then putting the .spt and resultant (converted) .dds files into the correct Oblivion folders.

I then went through the usual procedure of getting them into the CS....and the same result! So it can't be something wrong with the textures....and it seems to work for everybody else....and I'm following the exact same method as detailed above.....therefore the CS hates me! I've spent the whole day trying to get this sorted and I'm defeated..... :no: :poorme:...oh, woe is me!

Senten, would you be able to download our latest esm and put the trees into the worldspace yourself then save it as an esp? I wonder whether that might work. If so, you may need to send me the assets again with exact details on where to put them, just to be on the safe side.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-17-2009, 09:36 PM,

Don't panic,i'll help.
Senten is here. :goodjob:
02-17-2009, 09:41 PM,

Quote:I tried converting the .tga files from the sample trees in SpeedtreeCAD and then putting the .spt and resultant (converted) .dds files into the correct Oblivion folders.

some things that speedtree can do are not supported by oblivion (such as ferns and roots), therefore, meshes that come with speedtree may not necessarily work.

just something to keep in mind.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-17-2009, 10:02 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
Quote:I tried converting the .tga files from the sample trees in SpeedtreeCAD and then putting the .spt and resultant (converted) .dds files into the correct Oblivion folders.

some things that speedtree can do are not supported by oblivion (such as ferns and roots), therefore, meshes that come with speedtree may not necessarily work.

just something to keep in mind.

No,i found the problem.
It was just a bad filepath.The Trees aren't in trees/BM folder.
And that was the problem author.But its now fixed so this is done. :goodjob:
02-18-2009, 01:02 AM,

Quoting one of my favourite TV shows, what just happened can be summed up like this:

"My life is strewn with cow pats from the devil's own satanic herd!"

Just as I was about to download your esp file, I fiddled in the CS so that the trees were inside a BM folder and, yes, they appeared without any problems. I'm too frustrated to do a dancing banana but thanks a lot anyway, Senten! =)

Whilst we're on the subject though, the Baobab trees don't seem to have a corresponding billboard along with a lot of the various other, older models, such as the jungle trees. Do you have those files?
02-18-2009, 03:28 AM,

Have you ever gotten a tree into oblivion, or does everyone you make crash the game?

How many levels of branches do your trees have? I've never been able to import a properly working tree with more than one level of branches.
02-18-2009, 03:36 AM,

As mentioned in a PM I just sent, thanks very much for your offer of help, Siegfried but it looks like I've got it sorted now.....except for the missing billboards and stuff for the Baobab trees and other stuff....
02-18-2009, 06:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Quoting one of my favourite TV shows, what just happened can be summed up like this:

"My life is strewn with cow pats from the devil's own satanic herd!"

Just as I was about to download your esp file, I fiddled in the CS so that the trees were inside a BM folder and, yes, they appeared without any problems. I'm too frustrated to do a dancing banana but thanks a lot anyway, Senten! =)

Whilst we're on the subject though, the Baobab trees don't seem to have a corresponding billboard along with a lot of the various other, older models, such as the jungle trees. Do you have those files?

No,i don't have them,cause i think they are not my trees.But easy to fix them.
I'll fix them tonight.

BTW,thanks. Smile

EDIT: Oh,the Baobab,and jungle trees aren't have leaves and barks.
Okay,i will make new ones for them.