Poll: Where do you think the next Elder Scrolls will take place?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Black Marsh / Argonia
0%
0 0%
Summerset Isle
0%
0 0%
Skyrim
0%
0 0%
Oblivion
0%
0 0%
Morrowind
0%
0 0%
High Rock and/or Orsinium
0%
0 0%
Hammerfell
0%
0 0%
Elsweyr
0%
0 0%
Cyrodiil
0%
0 0%
Valenwood
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the next one...
03-12-2007, 06:45 PM,

I copied the old poll to the archive. Refreshed poll.
03-12-2007, 07:18 PM,

i highly doubt that they will be making an MMO. and i dont know where you got your info, but the poll said that "you knever know". seeing that most of the dev's opinions havent changed, and seeing that beth realy dosent have the resources to produce an MMO, i highly doubt it (esepcialy rightnow).
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
03-12-2007, 08:31 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
seeing that most of the dev's opinions havent changed, and seeing that beth realy dosent have the resources to produce an MMO, I highly doubt it (esepcialy rightnow).
I don't think it's a resource thing, it's more of a company philosophy. Making and maintaining a MMO is really not that expensive, but Beth have stated that they want to focus on single player... at least for the time being. In any case they are not known for developing multi player games.
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
03-12-2007, 10:20 PM,

I'd at least like you to play a multiplayer, not necessarily mmo, elder scrolls just so I can piss my friends off in one more game.
Lol what?
03-13-2007, 12:38 AM,

an MMO typicaly takes place in a large, diverse world (due to the nature of the genre) therefore confining it to a province, especialy one so monotone as skyrim, would be a bad move. MMO's are also typicaly devoit of deep lore, something that beth wouldnt do due to the complaints of OB's lacking in the area. its not that MMO's are that much more expensive to develop (though they do require servers, very extensive testing, etc.) its that they are expensive to upkeep (hence the monthly payage). the company has to keep a constants support and constantly keep fixing errors and appealing to the comunity. beth is still a fairly small company (though after OB this is all changing) so i doubt that they have the money and people to do an MMO. that bieng said, some kind of multiplayer feature (arena fights with other people would PWN) will probably be incorporated in the next one since TES is now officialy a platform game.

and yes, it is a company phylosophy Tongue it takes an entierly different group of people to develop an MMO and it caters to an entierly different audience.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
03-13-2007, 03:04 AM,

what if beth gets off their asses and reinvents the wheel? what if they totally redo the concept of mmo?

I know its a longshot but that would be cool if we could get an uber modded ob mw hybrid the size of all of tamriel style game, as an mmorpg!
:wave:
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin
03-13-2007, 08:56 PM,

the next game? I dunno, Summerset sounds nice... maybe...
I'd rather visit a land of betmer... or with lots of betmer... but whatever...

I hate how in a 'MMO' there are soooo many people around...
not everyone can be a hero... there needs to be people to cheer on the sidelines Wink
for me to really like an MMO, there needs to be lots of room... as in real to life size... so like Vvardenfell x10... but that also means I wouldn't be able to have the money nor time to play it... *sigh*
03-14-2007, 02:36 AM,

1:
betmer?
is that a wierd way of saying better?

2:
your right. mmos arent that great. too bad there isnt a smaller form of multiplayer rpg. like a 8 - 20 player game.
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin
03-14-2007, 01:37 PM,

Betmer is another word for Khajiits/Argonians/other Beast Races, just like Altmer is High Elf, Dunmer is Dark Elf, Bosmer is Wood Elf, e.t.c.....

I've always wondered if that technically makes beast races Elven, in which case Humans would be the minority.....Tongue

And if so many people want to see Summerset, I'd love to make that possible Wink
Lol what?