Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
theres a new DLC oh boy
08-30-2006, 12:58 AM,

couldn't someone mod in a dagger... call it Mehrunes Dagger... make it uber... then make a small faction and a super dungeon and all that? it shouldn't be that hard... I wish Bethesda did stuff... like they did with Tribunal or Bloodmoon, big cool stuff... called expansions... something worthwhile right?
08-30-2006, 01:01 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
couldn't someone mod in a dagger... call it Mehrunes Dagger... make it uber... then make a small faction and a super dungeon and all that? it shouldn't be that hard... I wish Bethesda did stuff... like they did with Tribunal or Bloodmoon, big cool stuff... called expansions... something worthwhile right?

HEHEHEHE someone did do Mehrune's dagger.... OOOH When I have IOB on the whole, I assign interiors and dont mod anymore status (the year 2010) I shall do from the ground up all the mods oblivion makes... and better
08-30-2006, 01:41 AM,

Downloadable content usually equals powerups for Xbox "powergamers"... this time they didn't even try to include a shell of added playability which might have made it worthwhile. But what do I know, I got the horse armor and orrery mod and I've yet to even try out the latter. The rest just didn't interest me as a player, and since I can't use them as a modder... Oh well. I wouldn't have minded except it's holding up both the official max exporter and a future expansion pack.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-30-2006, 01:45 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I wouldn't have minded except it's holding up both the official max exporter and a future expansion pack.
Yes with all the time they put into these mods they barely have time for breakfast in the morning. Big Grin
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
08-30-2006, 01:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Psychotic
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I wouldn't have minded except it's holding up both the official max exporter and a future expansion pack.
Yes with all the time they put into these mods they barely have time for breakfast in the morning. Big Grin

I feel for them :lmao: oh cant breath with all the laughing...
08-30-2006, 02:06 AM,

I think this is morally wrong, because what Beth is essentially doing is releasing an unfinished game, then having you pay extra (IE even more) to actually have all the content for the game. I've tried for quite a while to find a way to get inside the Imperial Orrery in Vanilla OB (then I had a look in the CS), but to no success, then Beth releases a so called "Plug-in" demanding extra money in order to access one of the places that was supposed to be in the original game. X( Mehrune's Razor? You'd expect that also to be in the original game, and all the rest?

No, I don't like the way Beth is going about this, and I'm not buying anything for a game I've already purchased (spent a LOT of money already) but these 'downloads' just annoy me, and I'm not going to reward Beth for making its fans pay more for something that they already paid for and fully expected. In other words, don't pay for something twice. And no, I don't even have nor want these mods.

The unofficial mods will probably be a whole lot better than anything you actually have to pay for.

Disclaimer: My views expressed here are not necessarily those of Silgrad Tower.
08-30-2006, 08:37 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I think this is morally wrong, because what Beth is essentially doing is releasing an unfinished game, then having you pay extra (IE even more) to actually have all the content for the game. I've tried for quite a while to find a way to get inside the Imperial Orrery in Vanilla OB (then I had a look in the CS), but to....

SNIP

I can't agree more!! =)
I am Agent 47

01001001001000000110000101101101001000000110000101100111011001010110111001110100001000000011010000110111

08-30-2006, 02:09 PM,

do people who work(high up ala TID) recuire Disclamers?

and here is those they actally say is with:

Quote:Here are just a few of the new spells obtained from Spell Tomes:

Blink: A low-level invisibility spell to get you out of trouble.

Baltham's Insight: a short duration but long range detect life spell.

Shield Wall: Fortify Heavy Armor and Shield effect.

Night Form: Powerful Invisibility and Fortify Sneak, and take Sun damage, which reduces Magicka cost to cast.

Pride of Hirstaang: Fortify Strength, Resist Frost, and Summon a Bear.

Orum?s Aquatic Escape: Invisibility, Night-Eye, and Water-breathing.

Elemental Blast: A powerful offensive spell with: Fire damage, Frost damage, and Shock damage.

Magicka Vortex: Absorb Magicka, Weakness to Magic 25% and Stunted Magicka.

Cant everybody of those be done easely in CS?

and well this really look "good" (< my opinion and the " " goes for the other way round..)

and if every book is like that "Hundreds of new spell-giving books" doesnt really mean much..
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
08-30-2006, 03:25 PM,

I think it's ridiculous what most of you are saying, they didn't release an unfinished game, I spent 195 hours playing it with 2 characters and I haven't felt bored at any point I played it. The game Neverwinter Nights for example, the game took me 20 hours to complete and now (after a year) I've bought both of the expansions and played it in total for ~50 hours, thus making a total of about 40 hours of (when not counting the expansions) good playing time. I've downloaded (I believe) 5 Modules now, of which I have played 4 and I'm playing the last. They were great and those 4 brought me another 40-50 hours of fun playing time, which was just as good/maybe even better as the campaigns of the original game.

Not many people complain about Neverwinter Nights, why? Because they don't have an 'actual' predecessor from which they can extract 'good old memories'. I have my memories of Oblivion, the times when I rode my horse through the gates of the blade's monastery, the times I had a grand battle with one of the last in an Oblivion Tower, all of the times I met Lucius LaChance, every single time I walked into the Arena and fought for my live, the first time I entered the Arcane University, every time I walked into the ruins, the whole trip in Mankar Camoran's Paradise (Brilliantly done Beth!), the fight beside Martin to save Tamriel, etc...

Don't complain, think about the positive things in live I'd say... There are always people who complain, don't make yourself one of those sad and stupid individuals....
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
08-30-2006, 03:56 PM,

What they are really heading for is that you will have to pay real world money for everything and anything in the game: ...

So you want to buy a house? - $10 - Player: "wait a minute, there is no furniture in the house." Bethsoft replies: Chairs 10 cents each, beds from 50 cents, curtains 15 cents.

So there your are in your fine new house, when you realise that you have no clothes on... and no food in the house... now you must pay per day for the air your character breathes!

Well that is exactly what is happening with MMORPGS that charge you a monthly rate - and all the idiots that paid the extra having bought the game are to blame.

Bethsoft has always said that it was not ever going to take ES online - and they have not in that way, they are just going to make eveyone pay through their franchise dealers - it is easier that way - they do not have to do the work or provide the hardware, pay the staff wages and such.

So what will you do if you win the Lottery? Me I will design a true quality game and take it online as well as single player - for the CD or DVD you pay - if there is any further charge it will be maintenance of service charges at cost = chickenfeed. The main cost would be the mini-comp or mainframe to run it all on, but that should be covered by the CD/DVD price.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman