Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
theres a new DLC oh boy
08-31-2006, 01:46 AM,

Wait, I'm confused. Green @nt1-n00b, are you being Dark Asmodeus' split personality while he's gone or something? What's this Light Asmodeus? Evil (or good?) twin? I'm still so confused.....

DLC's..... I have most of them. I want to get rid of them. Wanna know how Bethesda starts the quests for them? You find leaflets and news, or you discover some kind of inheritance thing. It says for a few "I read an old piece of paper on the groud describing an old pirate ship" or "I have heard of an inheritance from an old relative at a tower." (which happens for both the tower and the vile lair. I find it hard to beleive you are related to a powerful mage and a vampire in the dark brotherhood.). It always happens right after Uriel dies or when you put them in with an already loaded charecter. What happens, does some guy come walking up, drop leaflets on the ground, and then informs you on inheritance from long lost relatives?
Lol what?
08-31-2006, 03:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Wait, I'm confused. Green @nt1-n00b, are you being Dark Asmodeus' split personality while he's gone or something? What's this Light Asmodeus? Evil (or good?) twin? I'm still so confused.....

by time we will find out...

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
DLC's..... I have most of them. I want to get rid of them. Wanna know how Bethesda starts the quests for them? You find leaflets and news, or you discover some kind of inheritance thing. It says for a few "I read an old piece of paper on the groud describing an old pirate ship" or "I have heard of an inheritance from an old relative at a tower." (which happens for both the tower and the vile lair. I find it hard to beleive you are related to a powerful mage and a vampire in the dark brotherhood.). It always happens right after Uriel dies or when you put them in with an already loaded charecter. What happens, does some guy come walking up, drop leaflets on the ground, and then informs you on inheritance from long lost relatives?

well.. I've played most of them, but boycots.. (< legal too..if anybody asks no comment..) and there are people trying to do this mod by writing.. alot.. but only for already ingame ones.. (from what I get of the tread I saw a while ago.. not sure if it is still alive and kicking though..)
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
08-31-2006, 05:07 PM,

I dont understand why people bitch so mucha bout this....lady nervar is right. This is something beth is releasing because they can obviously make a profit on it. These are employees who are looking to get paid. the majority of people who will buy oblivion already bought it, so if they can make some chump change, all the power to them. If you dont like it, dont buy it, stick to mods. but some peope (xbox owners) cant get mods and in reality paying a total of like $10ish doesnt seem that bad. You all forget that the people at BETH arent just modding for the fun of it. They have jobs, and they need to get payed, even if what they are doing right now is somewhat lame.

And plese stop saying things like "this is morally wrong." This is business folks, morals dont apply. The one -main goal of all of the eldar scrolls series is to make MONEY, not to please millions of fanboys. I'm sure some of the BETH employees really do care about the opinion of the elder scrolls fans, but BETH is a company, not some people in a basement doing things because its their number one passion
08-31-2006, 05:38 PM,

and then it was out.. the plugin.. that went fast.. wonder how many tomes there are..
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
08-31-2006, 05:40 PM,

You're overdoing it a bit by say things like "morals don't apply to business", business is business but rules exist there too. And as I mentioned popularity IS money, and a lot more money than they can make by selling their lame mods. Yes the employees need to get paid, but they are also professionals and can do a much better job at modding than what they have done so far. If the folks at Beth put just a little bit more effort into their mods most people would buy them, not just Xbox owners, if they did that we wouldn't be even discussing this.
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
08-31-2006, 06:26 PM,

The reason I complain about them is because it's taken almost 4 months and we still don't have an official exporter. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Bethesda is waiting untill they get permission from whoever to make it, and untill then they will release small plugins "aimed squarely at the console crowd".

But It is my belief that Bethesda could be working on the exporter instead. Maybe we would have had it by now if it weren't for these stupid plugins.

I will pay 5 dollars for a plugin if it adds a whole new faction with a long quest line. And I don't mean long like the Fighter's Guild or the Arena. I mean long like House Hlaalu's manor aspect. I also think I'd like the whole "Earn your way to success" idea that the Great Houses took, rather than getting a free home. Of course, it cost money to buy stuff for it, but that still isn't nearly as rewarding as finding a source of income, a source of body guards, residents, clearing up the occasional construction mishap, etc.
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
08-31-2006, 07:14 PM,

what gives you the idea that beth will ever make an exporter? its is not in their line of interest by far.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
08-31-2006, 07:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by masbeth
I dont understand why people bitch so mucha bout this....lady nervar is right. This is something beth is releasing because they can obviously make a profit on it. These are employees who are looking to get paid. the majority of people who will buy oblivion already bought it, so if they can make some chump change, all the power to them. If you dont like it, dont buy it, stick to mods. but some peope (xbox owners) cant get mods and in reality paying a total of like $10ish doesnt seem that bad. You all forget that the people at BETH aren't just modding for the fun of it. They have jobs, and they need to get payed, even if what they are doing right now is somewhat lame.

And plese stop saying things like "this is morally wrong." This is business folks, morals dont apply. The one -main goal of all of the eldar scrolls series is to make MONEY, not to please millions of fanboys. I'm sure some of the BETH employees really do care about the opinion of the elder scrolls fans, but BETH is a company, not some people in a basement doing things because its their number one passion

And I don't intend to buy it, but you'd think Beth would be making enough money off the game, or better to make a 'real' expansion. Anyway, what they are releasing is what I would have expected to have already shipped with the original game (Mehrune's Razor, Orrery folks?), so essentially, I already paid for it.

No, I agree with charging for the original game as long as you actually get what you were expecting, if I sold you an Xbox set, but it was missing say a controller or a harddrive or something, then I would be pretty pissed if I had to pay again for something I was expecting to come with it.

Besides, Beth is making a bundle off the game as it is.

Now, actual new content that actually adds real new content, is quite different, Wizard's Tower and Vile Lair and stuff like those are entirely new and I guess that's alright, but Orrery? I really wanted to see that in the game, and it all turned into a big disappointment that one of the things unique to Cyrodiil isn't in a game all about Cyrodiil.
09-01-2006, 04:17 AM,

I understand what your all saying, and I don't like what their doing, but obviously BETH thinks its in their best interests. THey figure they have to make semi "mods" for the xbox users, and charging something is better than nothing. And if there making xboxers pay for them, might as well do it to PC users. Im sure less PC users actually buy them, but its not really hurting Beth to make it an option.

And I think lady nervar has the main point again. Beth only does things that are in its interests. Will this exported really be beneficial to them? its something that will be useful to people who already paid for the game, and wont like get them more money. Now if their nice, and i hope they are, they'll realease it for the fans, but theres no reason they have to.
09-01-2006, 04:28 AM,

They certainly don't have to, but I'm still disappointed that they couldn't include the orrery at the very least in the original game... Sad