Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Official mounts thread
06-18-2006, 09:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Earendur Surion
Hmm, if noly you could get MadMax for your mod team. He was ther creator of Pegas Horse ranch. He created horses, a dragon, a flying carpet, and a ship for Morrowind from scratch. I will se if I cna hook him.
thank you
meanwhile I think we should discuss this ashland-ant thing
06-19-2006, 02:28 AM,

As far as arthropod mounts are concerned we need to consider 2 things:

1) Lore(which I have no doubts as to this mod team's aptitude).

2) Player wishes: Tell me, if you had to pick between a wolf(or similar canine), a horse, or an insect; what would you choose? I would wager most people would take either the wolf or the horse. It would be a waste of your time if no one used the insect mounts, and instead just used their horses from Cyrodiil.
06-19-2006, 02:36 AM,

2) Player wishes: Tell me, if you had to pick between a wolf(or similar canine), a horse, or an insect; what would you choose? I would wager most people would take either the wolf or the horse. It would be a waste of your time if no one used the insect mounts, and instead just used their horses from Cyrodiil.
very true very true...
except horses die in the ashlands, the insects don't...
let them chose...

plus, Dunmer NPCs especially in less civilized places might go after you cause you have a horse... it is a rare delicacy
06-19-2006, 05:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA

very true very true...
except horses die in the ashlands, the insects don't...
let them chose...

plus, Dunmer NPCs especially in less civilized places might go after you cause you have a horse... it is a rare delicacy

That I believe was mentioned.

However, the world builders are still debating as to whether to break down the eastern border and attach Vvardenfall or make the island its own world space completely removed by Cyrodiil. My point being that if indeed Vvardenfall is affixed to Cyrodiil, people are not going to like having their horse drop dead. I am probably committing a mortal sin by saying this, but perhaps lore should bow down to practicality...

Now, I am not saying morrowind shouldn't have its own mounts. Perhaps the morrowind mounts could have a speed bonus while on Vvardenfall (and a reduction in Cyrodiil), while horses have a speed reduction in Vvardenfall? Of course this is all assuming Vvardenfall and Cyrodiil ashare a enlarged world space.

I am really all for adding native mounts to some degree. They give an added sense of immersion since you will see another sign of the changing culture.
06-19-2006, 05:26 PM,

We'll likely be sharing the same worldspace as Silgrad Tower. And yes, we could fit all of Morrowind (at 4x TES3's scale, even) into one worldspace and still have room left over.
06-19-2006, 06:45 PM,

Axen: which is very very good :yes:
Earendur Surion: yes... but I didn't mean like their horse would drop dead... I was thinking more the horse would have like 50% health and move slower and drop dead in about 1/2 hour of game time in the ashlands...
bowing to practicalllity... no one says you CAN'T have a horse in Vvardenfell... but where are the stables? probably only in Ebonheart. The others are guar-pens. Dagoths and ashlanders rode insects, as did some Telvanni... everyone rode or herded guar... and Vivec DID ride on a nix-hound...
06-20-2006, 02:14 AM,

You realize that half an hour game time is 30 seconds in the real world? Also bear in mind, a Cheydinal black or anvil white shouldn't drop as fast as a random bred paint horse.

I think a substantial speed reduction(about half) would encourage the use of mounts. But, I have my morrowind map in front of me. The ashlands are really a glorified dale. It is a closet in the house that is Vvardenfall.

Now, you say that Vvardenfall will share its world space with SIlgrad tower. WIll silgrad tower share its world space with Cyrodiil?
06-21-2006, 01:19 AM,

no I don't think so....
also ashlands make up like 50% of Vvardenfell... sure you have Sheogorad, the narrow Gash region, the Ascadian Isles and Bitter Coast as well as Azura's Coast and Grazelands... however Molag Amur and Ashlands and Red Mt are all ash
so maybe not drop dead... but in 1 hour of this abuse they should... ash-storms can kill horses and people... which is why Dunmer normally where lots of scarfs and robes and coverings... unless you are crazy like 6th House barbarians who go naked despite the ash-storms... crazy people... Big Grin
06-21-2006, 11:45 PM,

I've got my color GOTY map of Vvardenfall here. The ashlands proper are pretty damn small (bordered by Bal Isra and Maar Gan). From the coloration, it looks like the land is age olf pumice/volcanic ash. THat does form a cement in the lungs (yay, geology and biology). The west gash looks like your run of the mill desert, and deserts don't exactly kill horses.
06-22-2006, 02:39 AM,

west gash is lke a badlands in most places... but no I think the ashlands were meant to be the majority of the land... but whatever... old map-makers might make fertile land bigger to attract colonists? Big Grin
well just a thought, the old concept maps had ashlands being more than 60% of it