Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F&F: Official mounts thread
06-22-2006, 02:45 AM,

The old concept maps had at least 80% of Vvardenfell as Ashlands...
West Gash? Desert? Uhh... no, it's more like a Scottish highlands region...

TES3's Ashlands were desert-like. Just with tiny specs of ash covering the land rather than sand. It was rocky in areas near Red Mountain, however.
06-22-2006, 02:59 AM,

yea I couldn't remember percentage, I just new a lot was Confusedhrug:
06-27-2006, 07:38 PM,

i dont like the idea of horses in vvardenfell, it doesnt seem right. people would attack you too, as stated above, due to the rarity. and in cyrodiil the insects would freak people out. i think that we make up a reason for horses to stay at a stable on the mainland and insects at a stable on the island.
98% of forum-goers say that fast travel ruins Oblivion. Put this as your signature if you are one of the 2% that realize fast travel is optional.
06-27-2006, 07:41 PM,

well.... firstly people shouldn't want to considering everything we are gonna put in place....
secondly, if they do.... well then their horses can just keep dying and Dunmer will follow them around and kill their horses (generic NPCs that you will learn to love and hate like "Horse-Hungry Dunmer" similar to "Adoring Fan")

but its an interesting point.... how would we limit Morrowind mounts going to Cyrodiil?
06-27-2006, 08:55 PM,

Hey all, jus' doing the rounds.

I reckon we should be brutal to horses in Vardenfell. Like you say Kukulza, let's have the desert kill them... and quickly. Players might take a horse to Vvardenfell, but after their first journey they wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

...And as for Insect mounts looking stupid, arn't Nix Hounds supposed to be insectoid?
06-27-2006, 09:29 PM,

Hmm... We could do something similar in Elsweyr if you don't mind of course.
07-03-2006, 03:52 PM,

Nix-hounds are good... how about super-expensive cliff racer?

:bananarock:
Boil-em, Mash-em, Stick-em in a stew!

Golems: 9/??
Jiihat: 17/30
Leader of the Khajiit (name undecided): 23/30 braids in the mane

The fort itself:

Interiors: 0%
Exteriors 24%

For Kvatch!
07-03-2006, 10:39 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Treebiter
Hey all, jus' doing the rounds.

I reckon we should be brutal to horses in Vvardenfell. Like you say Kukulza, let's have the desert kill them... and quickly. Players might take a horse to Vvardenfell, but after their first journey they wouldn't make the same mistake twice.

...And as for Insect mounts looking stupid, arn't Nix Hounds supposed to be insectoid?
yeah they are a sort of highly advanced arthropod... think of them sorta like lobsters that can jun on land... "seafoods' revenge"... sorta

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Hmm... We could do something similar in Elsweyr if you don't mind of course.
sure... although remember... it is the excessive ash on Vvardenfell that kills the horses, not the desert environment.... certain horses can stand deserts better than others... i think maybe you should have it so SOME breeds will die (slowly) but other breeds won't....
so after the 100th time of their horse dying the player will say, okay ;et's try another horse!

Quote:Originally posted by Kion Gealrion
Nix-hounds are good... how about super-expensive cliff racer?

:bananarock:
I smell an easter-egg.... :yes:
07-04-2006, 12:19 AM,

Shhh.... its topsecret!
Boil-em, Mash-em, Stick-em in a stew!

Golems: 9/??
Jiihat: 17/30
Leader of the Khajiit (name undecided): 23/30 braids in the mane

The fort itself:

Interiors: 0%
Exteriors 24%

For Kvatch!