Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murkwood Concept art
04-29-2008, 01:58 AM,

Ok, first draft concept thingy.

Low res far city wall for Murkwood. This is one wall section duplicated 6 times.
I'm planning 3 unique wall sections.

This is the long distance model to get the basic shape, the detailed ones will come when we're happy with the style..

To give you an idea of the size the distance around is the size of the imperial citys inner wall.

[Image: MW_far.jpg]
[Image: sig.jpg]
04-29-2008, 02:41 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Morsyth
Ok, first draft concept thingy.

Low res far city wall for Murkwood. This is one wall section duplicated 6 times.
I'm planning 3 unique wall sections.

This is the long distance model to get the basic shape, the detailed ones will come when we're happy with the style..

To give you an idea of the size the distance around is the size of the imperial citys inner wall.

[Image: MW_far.jpg]

Oooh, nice!
Make sure to make some sort of entrance way so the player can get in, aside from the tunnels. Big Grin
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
04-29-2008, 06:13 AM,

OK, I've done three different wall sections.

[Image: mw_top.jpg]
[Image: mw_side.jpg]

I've still gotta do one more for the gateway to the city.

Rickious, did you want the root system more jagged?
04-29-2008, 08:00 AM,

I was actually suggesting this be impenetrable with v.high sides and the entrance would be a grand underwater entrance guarded by Argonians. I believe this is the inner tree though? in which case a large triangular natural gap at the base of the tree (25ft wide 50 feet high) but this crack is then filled in with wood to make a proper doorframe.

The outer buttress roots would need to be wider so that they would support a tree of this height. So could you try stretching the buttress roots out to twice their length, and stretch the entire thing up to 15x height so we can see how it would look. Be sure to stretch everything so the buttresses go up too as they would start way way up in the tree. And could you place a red man sized rectangle in shot for scale and a bark texture.Smile Please!

I will do some more drawings now as your working on this.

THANKs and good work!
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-29-2008, 09:35 AM,

Maybe I need to put some trees in there or a person as a scale comparison.
The sides of the trunk are taller than the walls of the imperial city.
04-29-2008, 11:12 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Morsyth
Maybe I need to put some trees in there or a person as a scale comparison.
The sides of the trunk are taller than the walls of the imperial city.

Morsyth if you are finished with the murkwood wall,please make a rockwall for Stonewastes.Thanks,and the wall is awesome!Excellent work Morsyth! :goodjob:
04-29-2008, 01:05 PM,

This should give you an idea of the scale.
This is a normal horse stable next to two sections of the tree stump.
I'm thinking the top should be more jagged. also what happened with the rest of the tree? should there be a sunken, hollow tree trunk cavern city near this city?
[Image: scale.jpg]

Senten, post up some concepts or let me know what kind of wall you want. I'll check in the Stonewastes thread in a couple of days.
04-29-2008, 01:07 PM,

I dont know,Tlo wanna a rockwall. ?(
04-29-2008, 01:20 PM,

how will this whole project be textured? it looks like it needs perfect textures.
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
04-29-2008, 01:47 PM,

Morsyth

Right, done some more concepts to clear this up...

The trees are alive, you dont need to model the tops as they are tall and in mist. Have added an ogre and stable for scale.

BOTTOM RIGHT: note the inner tree and outer tree-wall. All real, full trees. no stumps.
[Image: 59f0053d.jpg]

Quote:how will this whole project be textured? it looks like it needs perfect textures.

BusterW, Decent tall seamless textures of a large size. Is there a limit on texture resolution?
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!