Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solfarm05 [Claimed]
03-20-2009, 07:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ZDawg
Good point. Sorry, I tend to get a bit... personal... with these things. I probably shouldn't. After all, this (the overall project) isn't my mod.

I tested out the ambient lighting at 80, but it was just too high. I halved it, and it looked surprisingly great, but I wanted to try going a bit lower. The ambient light -- in my personal opinon -- looks its best in this home at the 30-40 range. This brightens it up significantly, but it allows it to keep that darker feeling I had originally.

Thoughts?

Thanks Razorwing.

Looks good ZDawg. The windows add asthetics to the outside as well as the inside. We use them on most structures.

Dont take thoughts personal. After completing enough claims you will have your style of 'decorating'. Quite a few members have done alot of claims and have their particular style and experience/knowledge. Which sometimes is extemely helpful when you dont even know it. Dunmer for the most part live in a 'darker' setting. I dont always follow that idea because lighting is harder for me to accomplish.

The claim is yours. ST is a colaborative effort. I dont see how a couple of folks could accomplish this alone. In time you may have enough accomplished to feel more apart of the mod and lose the 'your mod' idea.

You dont need my 'permission' to be creative. Once you take a claim it is yours. As long as the general guidelines are followed for claims in any area I think you will be ok.
03-21-2009, 12:18 AM,

@ sandor - I've used all real lights so far. I suppose that's why it looked better at 40. Tongue Thanks for the info. Smile

@ Zurke - Excellent. Then you won't mind if I make the house pink and paint rainbows and ponies all over it?

Just kidding, thanks for the words of wisdom. Smile
I'll die to win, 'cuz I was born to loose.
[Image: nirvana.jpg]
03-21-2009, 05:44 AM,

Well put, Zurke. Smile

And ZDawg, looking forward to seeing more of your interior when it's finished. :goodjob:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-21-2009, 06:43 AM,

I'll make an effort to finish it tomorrow. I dunno if I'll finish it though, due to last minute homework completion (spring break ends tomorrow.)

I made Savvas Indarys today, but I need to add AI still.

Razorwing, did you decide to make a pottery throwing wheel? If so, I can include it in my interior whenever you finish.

Don't feel obligated. If you don't want to make it/don't have the time, just let me know and I'll bugger off.
03-22-2009, 03:36 AM,

Just wondering: Can the Indarys family still be considered as lower/middle class if Savvas is in possesion of some pretty expensive pottery supplies, such as a high level mortar and pestle, etc?

There's also a lot of alchohol as... well, this family (in particular Savvas) enjoys their alchohol. :lol:

EDIT: One more question: Who should the ownership of the containers and bed go to? If I make the ownership to Savvas, will Dothnea not be able to use them? And what about the bed? How can I make them sleep in the same bed? If the house belongs to Savvas, will Dothnea still want to be there?

I'm now finished with the contents of the house other than the pottery room and interior windows. Speaking of which... where can I find those? And lightbulbs for them too, where can I find those?

Other than that, I'm ready to start on the AI of Savvas and Dothnea. Which I'm sure will bring up a fleet of other questions. Tongue

I'll post pics of the update shortly. Wink
03-22-2009, 09:25 AM,

Just wondering: Can the Indarys family still be considered as lower/middle class if Savvas is in possesion of some pretty expensive pottery supplies, such as a high level mortar and pestle, etc?
Poor-middle: Mostly poor furniture with some redware objects.
I don't think it's a problem because he needs it for his work, you could use a lower level mortar.

EDIT: One more question: Who should the ownership of the containers and bed go to? If I make the ownership to Savvas, will Dothnea not be able to use them? And what about the bed? How can I make them sleep in the same bed? If the house belongs to Savvas, will Dothnea still want to be there?
Assigning a faction to a house with two NPC's is always a good idea because the NPC's both own the content of the house. If you don't assign ownership of the house through a faction, you have to assign ownership to the furniture/books used by the NPC not owning the house (to avoid strange AI behavior). If you want to lock a door assign ownership to one NPC and give a key to the other NPC.

Assign the same bed to both the NPC's (location tab, select near reference and select the bed, make sure you checked persistent reference for the bed).

Speaking of which... where can I find those? And lightbulbs for them too, where can I find those?
Static>>ST>>Redoran>>Decoration>>Exterior.

Lights --> Look for StRwLightHomeWindow etc.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-22-2009, 09:47 AM,

Thanks a ton sandor. Will House Redoran be suitable for the home ownership? Also, will that assign all the items inside to House Redoran?

In regards to the porr-middle: Their furniture is all poor at the moment. They do have an abundance of redware and other materials made out of ceramics, due to the fact that Savvas is a potter.

Take a look at the pics provided to get a better idea of what I mean.

1. The new upstairs dining table with Savvas standing there, quite pissed I might add... not sure why...

2. Close-up of the dining table. I added plates with food, a loaf of bread, a pitcher, redware and several bottles of alchohol.

3. New food-storage/cooking area. Notice the shelves on the left. This is a new area.

4. Close-up on the food shelf. On the right there is a small food cabinet and two jugs of alchohol (as I said, Savvas is a bit of an alchoholic.)

5. New sitting room with the shelves stocked full of several things which I will go over. Added mugs to the table.

6. Close-up of the sitting room shelves. On the bottom are two chests, one containing redware, the other containing random clutter. The bag also has clutter. There is also a small dagger used for crafts, handy work, etc... but a devious assassin might find another use.

The next shelf up has a basket full of Dothnea's tools: yarn, shears, closepins, etc for mending clothing. There are a few books (what money could permit. The books are primarily about House Redoran, so they probably got some as hand-me-downs.) On the right of the books are several pieces of cloth, also used for Dothnea's house work. Then there's a Dunmer board game with tokens, dice and playing pieces. Also there are redware plates, a quill and ink well, and some paper.

The next shelf sports Goblets, cups on a platter and several mugs. These were all crafted by Savvas.

7. This is the new bedroom area, to which I added only two small rusty chests with easy locks containing personal possesions of Dothnea and a small amount of gold. I wanted to keep this room as simple as possible.

So yeah, there you have it! I'll get a picture of the outside, close-ups of Savvas and Dothnea and a pic of the new storeroom really quick. Big Grin
03-22-2009, 10:13 AM,

Thanks a ton sandor. Will House Redoran be suitable for the home ownership? Also, will that assign all the items inside to House Redoran?
That faction is related to the Soluthis main quest modded by Razorwing.
Many NPC's are a member of that faction so they would own the house as well.

For the house itself create a new faction and assign the ownership of the cell to that faction, further add the faction to the two NPC's.

Silgrad Tower has it's own generic dialogue system hence every NPC has to be a member of the "StSrGenericDialsforST" faction, if not the NPC will use the Oblivion random dialogue/rumors.

In regards to the porr-middle: Their furniture is all poor at the moment. They do have an abundance of redware and other materials made out of ceramics, due to the fact that Savvas is a potter.
That's fine.

I like your lighting, it looks superb! Smile

If you stack plates please move these as far as possible to the back of the shelf. If the PC walks past the shelf and touches the plates it will look strange.

If you place for example 6 cups on a shelf make sure you rotate the cups (different rotations for every cup), it looks better also with the lighting. If you rotated the cups, ignore my remark (I can't see it on the screenshot).

Nice screenshots! :goodjob:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-22-2009, 10:21 AM,

Thanks! Big Grin

As soon as I finish the home (which should be done in about 30 minutes of work) I'll move on to the AI (which I suspect won't take half as long as the house... damn that took long!)

Then I can start work on the next house, NPC and his AI, and finally do my quest!

...I know, subtle advertising, right? :lol:

Thanks for the comment on the lighting, and thanks for the help! Smile
03-22-2009, 10:25 AM,

Thanks! Big Grin

Then I can start work on the next house, NPC and his AI, and finally do my quest!
If required I can help you with the quest.

Keep up the good work and we're here to answer your questions.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD