Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Marsh OST
12-23-2008, 08:05 PM,
Black Marsh OST
To kick-start work on the music for 'Black Marsh', we may at last have a contributor in this often neglected part of our team to work on an official soundtrack.

I have been finishing off my open voice claims for the 'Dark Brotherhood' mod recently whilst speaking with Xaeaix who is in charge of the voices over there and whose (musical) work I admire greatly. He has posted over on the ST forums once or twice quite recently and uses this as his sig: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default....dID=810139 . It contains some of my own samples of voice-work (see 'voice acting 2') with the DB soundtrack behind it.

I thought he wouldn't mind if I announced his willingness to try out creating a BM soundtrack. After what we discussed, the ideas sounded great and, on the evidence of what he's done in the past, it could be really special. Plus, if everything he works out right (and it will help if we really push hard on the beta version) then he might just turn his hand to other musical compositions too like pieces of the dungeons/public spaces and so on.....but who knows?

Here's hoping he enjoys some success in his experiments... =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-23-2008, 08:12 PM,

That's an amazing idea!
Yeah,we definitely need the musics/sounds for BM.

Start with the main theme. :goodjob:
12-24-2008, 10:54 AM,

Whoa, listening to his music now. It's awesome. Realy. If we can get him to do our soundtrack, it would be great.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
12-24-2008, 01:22 PM,

What style of music was he thinking of doing? This is really great news.

Do you think that he could do a sort of mesoamerican-style remix of the original Morrowind theme tune?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-24-2008, 02:21 PM,

We need some variation,

I think we need some gothic styled music,for bigger citys like Gideon.And of course jungle music for exploring and etc.

BTW:I download a music software,so i try to help you guys out with music making. :goodjob:
12-24-2008, 03:00 PM,

I passed your comments on to Xaeaix. Thanks!

I'm in favour of giving him as free rein with this as possible though. He mentioned drums, I described the project a little and he'll already be fairly familiar with Argonia so I'm assuming he's on the right track. =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
12-24-2008, 03:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I passed your comments on to Xaeaix. Thanks!

I'm in favour of giving him as free rein with this as possible though. He mentioned drums, I described the project a little and he'll already be fairly familiar with Argonia so I'm assuming he's on the right track. =)

Oh good news!Can't wait to hear the musics of the old Swampland. Wink
12-24-2008, 04:41 PM,

I also just contacted the members of this old Morrowind mod based on Argonia: http://hosted.planetelderscrolls.gamespy...an_mod.htm , hoping to benefit from their wisdom, experience and know-how. Most of the members are long-gone or have stopped modding but Arjen Schippers (Mephisto) mentioned he might be interested in contributing music as well.

I gave him the lowdown on what we're after...
12-24-2008, 05:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I also just contacted the members of this old Morrowind mod based on Argonia: http://hosted.planetelderscrolls.gamespy...an_mod.htm , hoping to benefit from their wisdom, experience and know-how. Most of the members are long-gone or have stopped modding but Arjen Schippers (Mephisto) mentioned he might be interested in contributing music as well.

I gave him the lowdown on what we're after...

Oh,an another Argonia mod?Interesting..
Allright good luck with him.Hope he can help out.
12-25-2008, 12:52 AM,

Xaeaix has sent me what he describes as a 'sloppily put together' mix of some music he was working on for the various towns and cities of Cyrodiil. I think some of it is especially wonderful. I particularly like the parts with the bird noises towards the end...that would be especially fitting for a very Sarpa-heavy region.

I am sending over some pics of settlements as he requested so that he can get an idea of the places and their separate character before he begins composing for different sections. At the moment, however, I only have Stonewastes, Seafalls (not in the beta area) and Glenbridge (now Sloughpoint) stuff to send him.

It would help if anyone has any really good screenshots of Gideon or Stormhold to send him as well...and I guess Chasepoint and Soulrest as well if we have any...