Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Marsh OST
12-25-2008, 07:34 AM,

This IS beautifull! :bananarock:
12-30-2008, 12:22 PM,

This is Xae's first work on BM music, a WiP version of the public music (see attached). Personally, I think it's very, very cool Cool and bears a certain resemblance to Tai Dun (of 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon'). I have requested a slightly less bold crescendo and a few more drum variations so that the background music doesn't interfere too much with the gameplay.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
12-30-2008, 12:28 PM,

Incredible!Its amazing!

This song have the real Black Marsh feeling.Tribes,swamps...
Cool stuff!
12-30-2008, 12:50 PM,

I think that's a fantastic start as well. My only comment is, as you say, the crescendo would be a little distracting, but aside from that it's near perfect. Can't wait to see what he comes up with next! Cool

Edit:

About the city characters, you could tell him that Gideon looks kind of gothic and is very creepy but in a subtle, not obvious way... the music could be a big contribution towards this atmosphere. It would also be fantastic if we had a mega-creepy soundtrack for the Gideon sewers (we were going to make these an epic dungeon if you recall).
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-31-2008, 02:38 AM,

Imagine that with creature and swamp sounds :bananarock:
12-31-2008, 09:32 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by LPS_
Imagine that with creature and swamp sounds :bananarock:

Yeah of course.
Ibsen,i have some jungle sounds,like birds,parrots,snakes.

Here is a site: http://www.findsounds.com

You type what you wanna,like Snake,and you can download a lot of animal sound. :goodjob:
12-31-2008, 12:46 PM,

Frog sounds would be cool, maybe monkey sounds too, just done in a way that they don't sound obviously like monkeys, but like some strange screaming animals.
01-04-2009, 01:56 PM,

Hey, guys. Thought I might drop a line here.

I have been working on two pieces so far for the Black Marsh. The first which Ibsen (or his ghost, rather) posted here and another. They're both 1:30 long at the moment, though the second is more ethereal and carries a light-hearted chorus. It's difficult to say whether or not it'd fit as I haven't seen the actual cities. Are they modeled enough to walk around in?

As for ambient sounds, I've a lot of animal sounds and background loops (like rainforest, city etc.) to mirror the environment.

I'm glad you like the music so far. It's been refreshing to try something completely new to me.

All the best,
Xae
01-04-2009, 02:09 PM,

Welcome to us!

Nice to meet you,your work is truly fantastic.
Can't wait to hear the another songs.
01-04-2009, 02:33 PM,

Hi Xae,

Did I forget to send you that Word document with the screenshot links on it? Here it is anyway...(see attached). Regarding the other music and sounds: yes, I'm aware of various sites that might provide good ambients and atmospherics. It would be very easy to get hold of stuff like that so I haven't considered it a priority just yet. Music, however, requires the skills of the likes of Xae and co and should complement the SFX beautifully as people have mentioned here.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]