Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fort Swampmoth
02-09-2010, 08:51 PM,

How about on that island south of Glenbridge?

(marked in red on the map)
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-09-2010, 09:10 PM,

I can't even tell that it's an island. I don't really know the landscape, but it sounds OK to me. IG knows the landscape better than anybody, plus he's in charge, so I think we should wait for his input.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
02-09-2010, 09:56 PM,

Sure, he said he'd be back by the end of the week. Speaking of which, advance warning that I'll be away all next week.

02-09-2010, 09:58 PM,

Oh,

Honestly, I think my brains will explode BEFORE I learn to model
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-09-2010, 10:34 PM,

I'll need to check this out later. Give me a nudge to call me back here later in the week and I'll take a look. That location looks like it's in the Everglades to me though and probably quite close to Xarphyrial so it's probably not a good idea. I'm not keen on having anything Imperial in the Everglades region apart from 'Rottmere's Folly', the ruined bridge. I can't remember what the lore said (it's further up in this thread, I think) but this post gives you a guideline of how many dungeons and so on should feature in each region: Dungeon Design Strategy .

Notice that there's still space in Blackwood...although I'd personally like to see Fort Swampmoth just past Hixinoag. One drawback with this is that that puts it too close to Helstrom...perhaps somewhere between Darkmoor and Murkwood...? That might explain its abandonment at least...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
02-10-2010, 02:23 PM,

You can put it just past Hixinoag.

I really think we should shift Helstrom (the only Argonian city) much further into the centre of Murkwood anyway. It's supposed to have never been visited by non-argonians, so it makes no sense to have it so close to the border.

As a compromise to lore, we could have a failed Imperial colony of "New Helstrom" in that location on the map (it could have once been protected by Fort Swampmoth).

02-10-2010, 07:02 PM,

Okay, I'd prefer to see it (Helstrom) in the jungle but I take your point. I'd still like to have it in a valley but as long as it's on the fringes of Murkwood then it would be fine to create some higher land. If it was left in Vudai Marsh then it wouldn't make any sense to build up the land because marshes are, by their very nature, flat anyway.

However, I'd like to push the Fort a little further North anyway. There's a large hill not far from there that could be used very effectively and could overlook the marshland.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
02-10-2010, 09:11 PM,

Great idea about the hill.

As for Helstrom, we could always have it on an island in the centre of the Marsh, if need be...

02-24-2010, 10:52 PM,

Regarding this: Tobi's Imperial Fort Set Thread , Razorwing has the exterior models but is on a prolonged leave of absence. We may be able to acquire the models upon his return. Thanks to sandor for letting me know about this.
02-24-2010, 11:05 PM,

That's good. But it still leaves us with the question: do we take a chance waiting, or go ahead with the vanilla fort set with better lighting as they did in the ImpeREAL fort mod?