Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod Just Wont Work /:
08-17-2009, 09:11 PM,

Hi mr_sick.

Firstly, if you can run Oblivion then it has nothing to do with a cd, ISO or where you are running it from.

Secondly have you tried as TheImperialDragon suggested?

From the link I gave you in my first post:

How to install

Extract the contents of the downloaded archive to your Oblivion\Data folder. Then start Oblivion, tick Oblivion.esm and Silgrad_Tower_T.esm and Silgrad_Tower_T.esp, and you can start playing the mod. You'll get a journal entry shortly afterwards. Follow the clues in the entry to begin your journey. NOTE: The transportation spell only works outside city walls and when you're not in combat.

To uninstall, simply delete the following files from your Oblivion\Data folder:
Silgrad_Tower_T.esm
Silgrad_Tower_T.esp
Silgrad_Tower.bsa
Also open the Oblivion\Data\Music folder and delete the silgrad folder.

I don't see how another mod would effect a journal entry, so if you have it set up as written it should work.
08-17-2009, 10:52 PM,

Alright, I've done everything you've said and I'll show you what files I am enabling just for the Forgotten Gardens.

[Image: 5zqfk5.png]

I mean the only mod that DOES work is the Lost Spires, and that really didn't have any textures or anything to add, but I should get the journal entry regardless of if the textures and everything were installed properly (which I know they were I did it twice and the second time with the utmost attention being paid to where I put the files).

So I am at a loss here, anyone suggest a mod manager I should use or any kind of feedback? This is really aggravating at best.

-James

EDIT: I have tried it with all the Tower things checked before and it didnt work, I am just showing you what I am trying now and still isnt working.

EDIT #2: I am going to try and install a different mod I found on TES Nexus the Caldera mod, (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4151) and see if I can get that to work. Ill keep posted.

EDIT #3: Worked like a charm, and it had other textures and the like. I am reallly baffled at this point.
Music Producer Extraordinaire!

Specialize in House/Trance, Hip Hop and sometimes even a little bit of rock.

www.sickproductions.com (coming soon)
08-17-2009, 11:33 PM,

First thing: the 2 ST ESMs cannot be enabled at the same time; just enable the _T.ESM while leaving the _T.ESP enabled as well. We can see how that goes first.

This can be answered more authoritatively by sandor, but I believe that some load-order magic has to be performed on landmass mods before they can be loaded in any order other than 1, right after OB. Of course for testing purposes, the set-up in the first paragraph should work.

HTH,
Steve
08-17-2009, 11:38 PM,

Hi mr_sick.

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon

It's not an expansion. The Silgrad_Tower.esm should not be loaded along with the Silgrad_Tower_T.esm. The only files you should need are Oblivion.esm, Silgrad_Tower_T.esm, and Silgrad_Tower_T.esp.

I can see you have Silgrad_Tower.esm loaded/checked in your picture? Again the only files you need for the Forgotten Garden mod are:

Silgrad_Tower_T.esm
Silgrad_Tower_T.esp

You might as well delete the Silgrad_Tower.esm and the travel.esp from your data folder as you cant use those(they are from the 2.5 mod) and it will be less confusing for you.
08-17-2009, 11:54 PM,

Quote:This can be answered more authoritatively by sandor, but I believe that some load-order magic has to be performed on landmass mods before they can be loaded in any order other than 1, right after OB.

Tried that. Still nothing /: (renamed them with the prefix "o" before I tried OMOD)

[Image: 1250513.png]

Quote:I can see you have Silgrad_Tower.esm loaded/checked in your picture? Again the only files you need for the Forgotten Garden mod are:

Silgrad_Tower_T.esm
Silgrad_Tower_T.esp

You might as well delete the Silgrad_Tower.esm and the travel.esp from your data folder as you cant use those(they are from the 2.5 mod) and it will be less confusing for you.

Did as you said and still, nothing. Why are all the mods working but the ones I get from you guys? Lol not saying its you just saying Lord Dagon cursed me. ?(

I just find it odd that other small mods work, but huge landmass mods don't. I am bout to copy my save games and reinstall oblivion again, and redo the modding process. But sadly I think that will be in vein.

08-18-2009, 12:14 AM,

Have you tried with just the _T ESM & ESP, dropping the others? Not saying that would be a desirable playing set-up for you; it's just for testing. I'm not sure when the journal entry shows up, but the signs should show up just north of Lord Rugdumph's estate.

HTH,
Steve
08-18-2009, 12:56 AM,

Could you perhaps provide me with a "COC" I've traversed north (and other directions) of Rugdumphs estate and have found nothing but mountains, and the usual oblivion landscape/locations. No signs. /;

And yes I have tried with just the _T and no luck \:

08-18-2009, 11:14 AM,

Have you installed the bsa correctly? Have you typed at the good/right ini files?
Maybe some other landmass mod is blocking you.
08-18-2009, 04:12 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by mr_sick
Could you perhaps provide me with a "COC" I've traversed north (and other directions) of Rugdumphs estate and have found nothing but mountains, and the usual oblivion landscape/locations. No signs. /;

And yes I have tried with just the _T and no luck \:

Why would you be going anywhere near Rugdumphs Estate?
08-18-2009, 05:06 PM,

My bad on that: I confused the 2.5 entrance with the teaser teleport scroll. I presume an overland entrance will return with 3.0.

Oops,
Steve