Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akavir Mod Plans?
10-09-2009, 02:37 PM,

The music that Mirrored has created especially for Akavir is here:

http://virb.com/mirrored/audio/albums/69504

Mirrored is a gifted musician. You were probably listening to some of his other work.

I think these pieces are perfect for Akavir.
10-09-2009, 04:37 PM,
Akavir Mod Plans?
Yeah i listened to it, At times im not exactly sure how it would fit in,
In the atmosphere of gaming but what do i know?
I used to blast away at the tuba when i was just a kid.

Oh i remember it now...
Ba-Rum-ba-boom Ba-Rum-ba-boom Ba-Rum-ba-boom......
Good money though having a job as a tuba player in the navys or an orchestra (There hard too find i heard).
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
10-24-2009, 11:18 PM,
Akavir Mod Plans?
: Double-Post : Ok people seriously im starting to dread if we cannot complete this modification,
Can we make some serious action i was working on the wyrm but im in the states right now on my laptop and really cannot do much
(Dang i forgot to tell people that!),
Big line of jobs going that i can only dream of at Blizzard Headquarter's but let me cross my fingers and hope for some luck.

So i come to the conclusion that we need to make a choice on what we shall do, I already know about the lost one like i said before BUT i do not see any progress at all except for shank of course,
Shank's the best animator in the whole damm buisness :goodjob: Goodwork shank Big Grin Give yourself a pat on the back.

Well not to anger anyone or be flamed or anything like that but i do have to say we are "Stumping-about",
Whether you choose to agree with this or not its your choice but we all seem to have problems/thingstodo within our own lives to stop making this a "Fluent" project and im not saying you can't all organize well and get moving because i can bet you can and have done in the past,
But after reading ALOT of posts from the old forum/new forum i have studied that this project has had a lot of stuttered-like "Stumping-about" whether this is due to real life problems hitting at all the same time or a kind of project "Block",
I cannot say for sure but i can say that like senten said before in a similar term we can either get this mod project moving in the right direction (Really right now a Region Creator would be perfect)
or we could be stumping about and potting about the random ideas + Creating them that does not and should not be the way to go if we want to make a serious beta release in the nearby future.

Im personally involved in this project for my love of bats (Kamal) and snakes (Tsaesci) + Learning some history about the different non-fictional world is always good so Yeah!
I want to see the tsaesci lands and visit each landmark (Also meet the locals in the process and maybe earn myself a couple of coins on my way around the place doing odd-jobs here and there),
I want to see the kamal lands and watch the sundering (What i call the grand event that shiver-tail created, Sounds just Amazing!)
And maybe become a kamal warchieften.
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
11-02-2009, 06:31 PM,

If no one is up to the challenge I will make the land mass. I already have a heightmap, I just need to do the region editing(which, pardon my french looks d*mned intimidating.) I guess I can ask around for advice. My biggest vice is that I can't lay the regions over a picture of the map so I don't know how well they will match up. Maybe I can find a way around this. But I will make Akavir live even if I have to put my own blood in it.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
11-04-2009, 02:06 AM,

Make sure you put a Tang Mo version of the Monkey King somewhere. I think that has real possibilities.

We have a height map of the island mod that only needs the regions and stuff added.

We do not have a heightmap of the continent as far as I know. Kodama had one started and then his computer went south.
11-04-2009, 02:37 AM,

I have already made a height map based on the map that was up on the site. the height map isn't a problem right now.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
11-07-2009, 03:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Corthian
I have already made a height map based on the map that was up on the site. the height map isn't a problem right now.

That is really great news Corthian:

Ok, so how doable is the much smaller mod as planned out and described by Shiver-Tail?

Would we still want to try to release the Island mod with all the work that has already been done on that?

Would we want to release a height map without a completed world attached to it as a way of inspiring people to visit and add/suggest new content?

Would we want to do smaller pieces and then add them in when the larger world is ready to go?
11-08-2009, 09:30 AM,

First of all, I'm sorry for being so absent, I believed that I wasn't THAT necessary (since Lore N has good imagination for stories, and Ysne is the project lead) so I could spend more time working for school. I've recovered from flu (idk if it was swine-flu or the normal one, you can't see the difference without an examination because the 2 are almost exactly the same, thus I decided not to do an examination.)
In the meantime, I watched the Forbidden Kingdom a couple o' times... absolutely stunning (too bad the Monkey King didn't appear in his... vivid form that much.)

One the subject of the small mod.
I think this should be doable. The Island mod resources could be released as a resource or used for a later release of the mod.
I'd suggest sticking with episodic releases for the moment.
But, these are my SUGGESTIONS. If you guys see it different, that's okay. These were just my 2 cents.

I'll try and be more active, but I can't promise anyhing. If you see this as a serious drawback, I would not mind being removed from my function as co-lead. But I still want to contribute some lore and the occasional model, if that's okay and you guys can forgive me, ofc.
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
11-10-2009, 10:56 AM,

greetings,
the grey warlock here, just posting in your forums again, prolly in the wrong place, againSmile but i wanted to say that there are alot of folks out here that respect the work you folks have done so far and are eager to see more. so i hope this project isnt dead or dying! i and alot of others have faith that you guys can do it! im a moron when it comes to the construction sets for oblivion as well as fallout hehe about the best i can do is snap lock buildings and clutter stuff up lmao! so i know how hard this stuff is scripting gives me a freaking headache so i feel your pain and know your joy when something finally works. dont give up and keep plugging away and you folks will make itSmile

Hoping to see more of your work soonSmile
and i apologize for posting here but you guys seemed to need a little pick me upSmile
"They had greatly underestimated his capacity for violence and revenge,but that would soon be rectified"
11-10-2009, 10:58 PM,

Two things, I am still here checking in every day and waitin' for something to say Smile
Second thanks TGW its good to see some fan support, and as Shiver has said this mod aint gonna die until we all give up.