Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Request.
04-03-2006, 12:07 AM,
A Request.
Okay guys, I may not be able to help as much as I'd like, due to school and etcetera. But here is my request. DON'T MAKE THE MOD SUCK. I really think Oblivion is the dumb blonde version of Morrowind, hell, it's prettier, but in every other aspect, it really pales in comparison. (Okay, horses are fun, etc, you get the point) If we can do this, like Morrowind was, so maybe it's the hot brunette version... I'd love it. I'll try to help as much as I can and such, but I may not be able to, so in short. We don't want another dumb blonde let's score the hot brunette kthx.
04-03-2006, 12:12 AM,

we all ask that of ourselves... don't worry :goodjob:
04-03-2006, 12:12 AM,
RE: A Request.
damn there go my plans.
- Brett the Cryonaut
Head of creature-development for TES4: Vvardenfell
- & -
Owner / Maintainer of Morrowind-Mods.org
http://www.morrowind-mods.org
04-03-2006, 12:46 AM,

Yeah, what the guy said. Brunettes over blondes, unless they're really incredible, smart blondes, but those don't exist in TES. (I must be sleep-deprived again; I'm being more adolescent that I was as an adolescent.)
04-03-2006, 03:19 AM,

I was kinda hoping this mod would suck, cuz, you know, that makes sense.
04-04-2006, 12:19 AM,

Amen to that!
I hope that the books and related things are better, too; Oblivion is VERY lacking in the lore department (hence one of the reasons for Sinder Velvin's leaving The Imperial Library) and it just wasn't obvious that you weren't in just another fantasy world (seriously, everything I've seen in Oblivion has almost every last fantasy cliche in existence with little uniqueness) or even the real world (due to the shallowness of the lore and its presence in the game)... yes, I was defending most aspects Oblivion the first 5 days of playing it, but continuous hack-'n-slash in nearly uniform dungeons and dullish quests doesn't have a lot of play lifetime.
04-04-2006, 12:25 AM,

they appealed way too much to the hack-n-slash crowd that plays a game for 1 year at most....
I would've liked Morrowind style but with Oblivion's improvements to make it all better...

they lacked in the background lore and deeper stuff... but nice eye-candy of course and fighting
04-04-2006, 02:56 AM,

I enjoyed my character who was a Dwemer scholar and a friend of Divayth Fyr (and the Nerevarine, of course). Roleplaying... it was much eaiser (better lore integration and uniqueness) and more fun to do with Morrowind's deep and mysterious lore than with Oblivion's shallowness.

We need LOTS of informational books and more dialogue options for characters! Even though there's radiant AI and voiced dialogue, 80% of NPC's in Oblivion have even less of an identity as compared to NPC's in Morrowind due to the lack of things they can tell you about (the 80% I'm talking about only have 3-5 dialogue options and they're all generic and never change... at least the Morrowind lore, little advice, latest rumors, and little secret options were random).

We'll also have to add a new variant of the Dunmer race, because they currently are assigned the High Elf voice (due to them being Cyrodiilic). There IS a Dark Elf voice option in the CS, but that'll make every NPC say nothing because they deleted all of the voices for them. The reason for making a variant assigned a different voice category is so that the Dark Elf voice folder can be used (don't want to put their voices under High Elves, do we?), and you don't want to mess up the outland Dunmer in Cyrodiil. I remember from an E3 clip that Dunmer were originally supposed to have that cool raspy voice they had from Morrowind, but then they changed it (for the worse, even IF it does make a little more sense due to the region's culture)... Sad
04-04-2006, 04:25 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arklon
I remember from an E3 clip that Dunmer were originally supposed to have that cool raspy voice they had from Morrowind, but then they changed it (for the worse, even IF it does make a little more sense due to the region's culture)... Sad
They did that for two possible reasons.
1.The actor quit for some reason.
2.They didn't have time to record it.
04-06-2006, 08:31 PM,

We also need to avoid one other, huge mistake that was made in Oblivion. Oblivion held your hand through EVERYTHING. Quests and exploration, mostly (map markers). The main quest was guided to the last detail, whereas in Morrowind, the man helping you with a portion of the main quest leaves and you're on your own. You aren't given the opporitunity to make mistakes; you simply just can't even make them to begin with (no killing essential NPC's, no discarding quest items, no badly attempting to pick a lock that is ridiculously difficult (it'd actually be funny to see 25 tumblers... or even 3 different locks on a single door, each with a ton of tumblers :lmaoSmile), whereas in Morrowind, even though they were a bit of a bitch, you could make mistakes.
Also, your class impacts NOTHING in Oblivion, only how you play the game AT FIRST. At least there were guild advancement requirements in Morrowind. In Oblivion, you can go through the entire Mage's Guild without knowing a single bit of magic. Though, I'll admit the Thieve's Guild couldn't really be "cheated" through, especially the last quest, but being talented in the fields of sneak and security wasn't a solid requirement.