Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few Q's
10-08-2006, 02:01 AM,

Oht_Nought: That is the entirety of this conversation: none of us know how it works. Many of us have many other things to work on at the moment. When the time comes for it, I can gaurantee you that we will make this one of our top priorities, but as of this moment it is not. And for good reason. To name one, we dont' even have our heightmap complete yet, and for us, THAT is our top priority. Until then, this is going to have to wait.

We understand TR has the know how, and we understand that they have figured out some things we and others have not. I really do thank you for helping us in this area. But just because they jumped ahead in one field doesn't mean we have to stop everything we're doing to figure out how to do the same. It is not urgent that we have an in-game map right now.

As for TR being a "little niche mod," I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree, as they're roughly 1.5 times the size of the entire BC community.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
10-08-2006, 02:19 AM,

Ok, fair enough.

But if TR is 1.5 times the size of the BC mod... and TR is only doing one province, and BC is doing.. uh 4, is it now? Something seems a bit unbalanced, as in priorities, and man power is being spread too thin. Sounds like someone needs to do some reallocating of personel.
10-08-2006, 02:30 AM,

That would be true if we were a single project. In fact, Beyond Cyrodiil is a collaboration between 8 different mods. Smile

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
10-08-2006, 02:37 AM,

...and the members of those 8 different mods only add up to half of TR's members? I'm confused. If that's true, those 8 different mods have only half the membership of TR, and they are working on 4 different provinces, yes? And if so, in comparison, they have 1/8 the members working on each province compared to TR working on their province... no?
10-08-2006, 02:39 AM,

That is just about the case.

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
10-08-2006, 06:35 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Oht_Nought
and they are working on 4 different provinces, yes?

7 province and a continet
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
10-14-2006, 10:35 AM,

It's a matter of priorities. If I personally don't see something as a priority I don't really care about it, and an in-game map is one of those of things. Of course it would be nice to have in the future, but I don't see it as rivalling the completion of the heightmap or finishing the more important models in importance.

It's also a matter of focus. From the start we focused on modelling all the things we would need for our mod, and I think we've gotten amazing progress done in that department. TR didn't have that focus, maybe because they didn't think they needed to, I don't really know. But I would imagine we're ahead by leaps and bounds in the modelling department, so it's no surprise if they're ahead in another area. Not that their progress have any bearing on whether our mod succeedes or not; it'll succeed when we have a landmass, when players can walk from city to city, when they can play through our dungeons and uncover hidden caves and collect Dwemer artifacts and generally have a great time.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-14-2006, 07:00 PM,

um lets say that TR too has prioreties. only ours are ofcourse different from yours due to the nature of the projects. we decided to make the map for several reasons, part for the beta of stirk, part for the dividing of the claims, among other reasons.

realy, i dont feel like dicusing this here, and i dont feel like this is the spot for it either.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
10-15-2006, 01:38 PM,

And with those views expressed I believe this discussion has run it's course.
*click*
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-15-2006, 09:46 PM,

I think all mods have different priorities, save one shared priority, which is getting the mod working and as good as it can be.

In any case, archived. [Image: offclosed.gif]