01-30-2010, 09:54 PM,

Okay, I made the stuff you need.

New Meshes
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
01-31-2010, 03:02 AM,

thnx for that. a simple solution too!

EDIT: Corthian - Did you have any plans as to what the building with 2nd floor made completely of balconies was for? Its a bit of an enigma to me. I thought of either making them interiors or opening it up into a rooftop deck.
02-01-2010, 07:08 AM,

Quite an important question-

As many east Asian cultures use low tables and effectively sit on the floor to eat, write, etc, would we use the same aspect in Akavir? if so, would we merely have chairs sunk into the ground and have the npc's legs submerged below the floor? or will we break this custom and stick with chairs on legs? This is to help me design furniture.

Also, though I'm not absolutely sure but it may be possible to script seats to make the npc play an animation to sit cross legged or kneeling hence solving the problem. I have little understanding in how theses furniture marker anims work so i need someone to do some investigating.
And this also brings a bit of an issue with the Tsaesci and their tails not being able to follow certain animations.
02-01-2010, 07:33 AM,

I've wondered that as well. I have been to places that had a hole type thing in the ground so it looks like you are kneeling but your legs hang under the edge. It's common in a lot of restaurants in Asia. I could make a raised platform to be used this way. As for a new animation, I'm not optimistic. Oh, I just finished a new set of ruins and I'll post pic tomorrow.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
02-01-2010, 11:42 AM,

I know what you mean about the sunken foot 'well'. A raised platform could be used but they'd be only effective in large meal areas, taverns and the like involving grouped seating. For just a single study table, it would be a bit odd.
I know there are pose mods that have kneels and cross legged anims but you would get this jerky moment where the npc is sitting normally and then all of a sudden be propped up a few inches and legs zoom benath their body.

I thought of creating the illusion of furniture markers by simply making npcs carry out an animation of sitting so that in fact, they're technically still standing. THis can be done with activators instead of furniture with furniture markers. But this means they can only carry out the 1 animation of just simply sitting. FOr them to sit and eat, sit and read and so forth, you'd need new anims each time. It's doable i think. Shank could perhaps whip this up.
02-01-2010, 06:12 PM,

interestingly enough i think the old DUNE mod at tes nexus http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12218 has a sitting Indian style animation you could use you'd just need PROMETHEUS_ts permission, if hes even still around real pitty that mod just kinda got abandoned
02-02-2010, 03:34 AM,

i saw that animation a while ago. They some how got a new furniture marker into the system but i dont think it ever worked properly. Technically, its just a pose and not a full animation fro mstanding to sitting.
02-02-2010, 04:28 AM,

ah

i geuse ill search on tes nexus fir ,what? sitting animation?

(edit) k
02-02-2010, 04:40 AM,

dont bother. I know there wont be one. Shank could be asked to make one though.
02-04-2010, 08:00 PM,
sitting animation
I got your message. I think I would have to make 3 animations. Sitting down, sitting idle, and getting up. I'm not really sure, but Ill take a look at the current sitting anims to see how they work.

I know for sure that I can whip up a sitting cross-legged/kneeling(seiza) like idle, but for them getting up and sitting down, it might look a bit choppy. Either way ill start tinkering around when I get the time and send you a copy of what I come up with.

Wow you guys are making a lot of progress. :goodjob: