Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Akavir Mod Plans?
02-08-2010, 04:51 AM,
RE: Test Anims
alrighty. the crosslegged animation is definitely too high whilst the Seiza one is glitchy- the npc stretches and distrorts periodically. we still need an animation from standing to a sitting position. This will allow us to toggle the npc's ai to switch to a permanent sitting anim. I think there is a way with OBSE that could solve the need to use animations instead of furniture markers but i believe we should steer away from OBSE as much as possible.

EDIT: i wonder if the way Bethesda made sheogorath's special sit idle with the cane could be of help.... hmmm...

On another note, i got a reply from Kielanai to confirm that her Akaviri Kojima items are still available for us to use at our discretion. She sends her best wishes to the team.

ANd also, getting a hold of Ra is a bit of a problem. His email here is a dead one and tesnexus messages havent been replied.
02-08-2010, 03:19 PM,

Any chance of some new screens for those of us who aren't members?

You guys should really start up a WIP thread on the Bethsoft forums, you know. It would help get in some assistance for you.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-08-2010, 07:46 PM,

The sitting too high is a constant problem with my anims that I haven't been able to solve yet :eek:. It could be animating it wrong, or something else ?(.I downloaded a file that is supposed to fix that problem, but the darn thing wont export the files right DX. And as for the Seiza glitchyness, it sounds like it could be because the anim is not animated long enough or something. My attack anim does that as well and I'm not sure why. I think laggy areas makes it do that. Who knows......oh and pics below------->

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww30/...rossed.jpg

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww30/...eSeiza.jpg

Edit: Ah! I've been pondering the Shegorath idles for a while now and cant figure it out at all. Also it takes 6-8 different anims for each seat it seems, so it will take me a very long time to animate those. Id best figure out the floating/glitchy problem first before I move onto that.
02-08-2010, 11:38 PM,

Shank you never cease to amaze me. Deeza, I couldn't agree more. I think we need a greater presence on the official boards. That is where the majority of mods are solicited, well at least the English ones. We could also gain more members and increase our speed.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
02-09-2010, 12:00 AM,

If you want my advice, it's to have something ready to start modding before you launch on the boards. The punters over at Bethsoft forums have seen dozens of big province mods go straight down the toilet over the years, and they are jaded and cynical.

They'll want hard evidence of progress before any of them sign on, and that means screenshots or, preferably, in-game videos.

02-09-2010, 03:02 AM,

i had hoped to get at least the port city finished before any announcements at the official forums. deeza is quite right with the forums being sceptical about any large scale projects. but you never know if it could grab a few members attention.

@shank- you can forget about the height issue for now i think. i believe we should not use furniture markers at all for ground seats and stick with animations for them instead. this means all i need to do is lower the havok of the seat meshes so that when the npc is standing above it and plays the anim, they can be adjusted to be level. The genious thing is that it will all be done in AI packages that can be replicated with ease to all npcs. ie- like when an npc is told to make potions, they will instead be told to sit. this just means we need an animation of getting from a standing position to one of the sitting positions.

if anyone knows of an alternative way to solve the ground sitting issue please post your ideas.
02-11-2010, 01:00 PM,

I'm no expert in these matters, but it would seem to me to be easier to have it as an animation and then script the NPCs' AI to do it by the tables.

02-12-2010, 10:54 PM,

Wow guys! It has been a long time but have things changed much around these parts?

What is this Island Mod? Does it have to do with Renzeekin's old tropical mod?
Founder of the Ocean Studios

Come join the Ocean Mod!
02-13-2010, 12:37 AM,

The island mod was an attempt to show progress made and to acquire support, the idea was rejected in loo of progress being made directly to the continent. I don't know of any tropical mod... Maybe a good source of new resources...
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
02-13-2010, 01:51 AM,

I think this is the mod OblivionMon is referring to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_StE8JW_...re=related
LOVE the song. Its just, amazing. Ha. good mod, too. :lmao: