Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ald Ruhn overun by Daedra?
04-01-2006, 08:43 PM,

I'm in agreement with most here, if it can be done then theres definetly some good ideas to be had there, but for the momoent lets overlook it. Or perhaps excuse it through the idea that the town had recently been rebuilt after the attack and the news simply took a while to reach Cyrodill (and we could change up the layout a bit, and include a few books about the event)

The thing that concerns me more is the insinuation in the pocket guide that the dres are not affiliated with the Indoril or Redoran at all. Heres a verbatim quote:

Quote:The Great Houses themselves, long stagnant, are adjusting to the new powers in the land. Some, like Dres and Hlaalu, appear to be on the rise, embracing new traditions while welcoming the return of the old. Others, like Indoril and Redoran, seem to be waning, unable to change with the times

So how are we to interpet this? Will there still be a triple alliance? And what of the telvanni?
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
04-01-2006, 10:27 PM,

check out mainquest
by the way, after discussing a bit on the ESforums, they all agree a Telvanni-Redoran Alliance would be a strong traditionalist alliance...
04-01-2006, 10:58 PM,

alright, ahng on i'll go read it...
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
04-03-2006, 02:09 PM,

The daedra attacked Kvatch for a specific reason, as long as there's a reason for Aldruhn then I don't see a problem, except the obvious:
What if the PC visits Aldruhn before going to kvatch at the outset of the game? Would the portal be open with the damage done? The only option I see is to ensure the pc visits kvatch prior to going to mw/vv at all, otherwise there would be tons of extra scripting to do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Common-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04-04-2006, 08:29 PM,

Eh, there might not be a whole lot of extra scripting (just things that get enabled/disabled), and destroying models isn't as much work as creating new ones from scratch.

Also, the native Dunmer, not really believing in the Nine Divines and that they are unworthy Aedra, most likely wouldn't see the reason for stable Oblivion gates opening as the Dragonfires fading. If no one else, the more educated ones would probably theorize that it is due to the Heart of Lorkhan having disappeared.
05-23-2006, 06:02 PM,

I've played the game quite alot. Are you sure you heard that Ald-ruhn was overrun, or did you think you hear that, but really heard that Kvatch was overrun?
SkyShadowing

Interior Modder for Tamriel Rebuilt
05-23-2006, 07:03 PM,

Ald run over run. nerevarine in akavir. vivec capured. st.juib dead, etc. i could probely find it in the CS if i had more time
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-23-2006, 07:06 PM,

umm... I think we will have our Fort Buckmoth demolished, and Ald-ruhn damaged but already in repairs
the Redoran are hardy people... if it were Hlaalu or Dres or even Indoril, sure I think they'd fall, but the Redoran are some of the best warriors in Morrowind, and the Telvanni some of the best mages, and as both are protecting their lands and the telvanni closing Oblviion gates.... I think they earn the respect of the common-folk and each other all over Morrowind... even if not the higher-ups who probably don't fully appreciate how well the Daedra are being thwarted.
01-25-2007, 06:46 PM,

A bit unofficial maybe but The Fall of Ald'Ruhn I think there is not much left of Ald'Ruhn, seems the fight was pretty intense. I don't know what happened with the house councilors, but as the Crab fell and thus the whole of Ald'Ruhn fell I'd image that many of them perished.

REMEMBER REDORAN. NEVER FORGET.

Quende
01-25-2007, 08:29 PM,

thanks, if you pay attention to the main discussion board, it had been discussed... but i appreciate it all the same Quende
and yes... many people died... some survived though, serveral people... but considering the city was 50% non-Redoran, a lot of outlanders, not too many Redoran died... then again, it was the influence of Ald-ruhn not its size that made it powerful as a city :yes: