Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ald Ruhn overun by Daedra?
01-25-2007, 08:37 PM,

Ald'Ruhn rebuilt?
01-25-2007, 08:54 PM,

this thread was in the old old days of discussion, nothin new here
there's a newer discussion thread on the main board...
MK's account on the fall of Ald-ruhn

notice how there's batman and Epyn and all, not recent
04-24-2007, 09:05 PM,

So what will the Skar shell now look like? Any different? We could perhaps post a request for model in the Visual Development board... best to know how it will look first though.

I haven't read through all this thread, but will the manors inside the skar shell still be used by the Redoran nobles and councillors?
04-24-2007, 09:14 PM,

I'm not sure, but maybe there are only two manors still intact and the others are just crushed and ruined? Also, I will draw a concept art of just Ald-Skar if thats a good idea, and then we can have it posted up on the Visual Dev.

my thoughts are that most of the interior manors are totally crumbled, but the interior of the shell itself is fine except that the catwalks and bridges are all destroyed (except maybe one rebuilt one? who knows... and I think the inside, one of the rooms will be something like a "shrine to the Vliant Dead" or something similar where the dead bodies of all who died at Ald-ruhn and a triloth to St Jiub is (along with his burial)... Confusedhrug:

I guess we can discuss it here and then after plans have been finalized we can have a model made. Smile

EDIT:
cause Aldruhn was razed, the interiors list and NPC list will have A LOT of new people and places in that location. And most of the councilors and the surviving family will have moved back to their other holdings on Vvardenfell.
So let the discussion begin...
04-24-2007, 09:32 PM,

Okay, well firstly, what changes in the exterior will the player notice in our Ald'ruhn?

I vaguely remember what exactly happened in the Daedra invasion, I'll have to read through this thread a bit for that, but will their be a lot of focus on protection and war now because of the other Great Houses and the Daedra invasion?

Edit: Hmm... I think I will delete those files in the claim thread for ald ruhn that I uploaded. I'll wait until I have more information on who will still be in the town, and what manors and things will be destroyed and what interiors will be added/removed.
04-24-2007, 10:43 PM,

well I think that Ald-ruhn would be a ruined place, with a few pieces and walls of ruined buildings, charred and crumbling, still lying aroud. When the rebuilding process begins I think the focus will definitely be on war... with any economy in the city being geared for war, all homesbeing sort of barracks, and all citizens having some sort of role in the war-effort. The buildings will be a few, heavily fortified and much of the living and storage space underground. The city will be a few things...
  1. The premier Redoran stronghold on Vvardenfell, not easily accessible to enemies
  2. A symbolic and religious location, that the Redoran will never be truly defeated
  3. A place to focus the efforts of the Redoran so the House can be centralized and mobilized
knowing that, we can assume that the place will be very 'Spartan'. A mixture of a warrior-city, practically a holy-city in the sense that this was their moment of heroism and cost the Daedra a good deal, and a rallying point for the Vvardenfell Redoran. Sounds good?

Now let us plan this out...

I think that the rebuilding of Ald-ruhn will involve the player and the quest-giver will be Duke Vedam Dren. As he is the Imperial Duke of this district he needs to send aid right? So he'll entrust you with gold and amnesty and recognition papers, etc. and have you talk to whomever is running Ald-ruhn....
Ralos Venim will recieve you in the Ald Skar and accept the money and papers saying something like:
"Ah, the Duke does more than he is asked to... mark my words, he is a true f'lah though an Imperial Duke... he's been the only man keeping Telvanni, Hlaalu, and Redoran from an all out war. But now that Helseth is consolidating his power, I do not know how much power the Duke can weild to keep the peace. Tell him the Redoran give him thanks, and by the Three, Ald-ruhn shall be rebuilt with speed! Outlander, please give the Duke this bottle of Finely Aged Shein, made with my Clan Venim's recipe and has been in our keeping for generations. Thank you."

and then soon the city will be rebuilt... ?
like first week, a few buildings, then the next week, a few more, and then the third week it is all complete and all NPCs are in place? I think thats the easiest way to simulate the rebuilding of Al-ruhn, maybe a few more quests from the Duke calling for a general peace-keeping and urge for cooperation amongst the Great Houses as Telvanni closed many Oblivion Gates, the Redoran saved Vvardenfell from having to fight an enormous Daedric army, and the Hlaalu... didnt do anything :lol: ...typical

if we're fine with this simple layout for the rebuilding of Ald-ruhn... we can move onto blueprinting the outside of the city and then Ald-Skar and then making a list of NPCs, a small percemntage of which will be from Ald-ruhn in TES3... many will have to be new NPCs for obvious reasons
04-24-2007, 11:17 PM,

If you really want to stimulate rebuilding, have a few quests where you go out and recruit NPCs to help rebuild Ald Ruhn. The more you get, the faster it will be rebuilt, and the more people it will start with.

Or you could have a house-rebuilding mini-game, which would be pretty cool if possible, but it might be hard to pull off...
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-25-2007, 01:25 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
If you really want to stimulate rebuilding, have a few quests where you go out and recruit NPCs to help rebuild Ald Ruhn. The more you get, the faster it will be rebuilt, and the more people it will start with.

Or you could have a house-rebuilding mini-game, which would be pretty cool if possible, but it might be hard to pull off...
yea true, i wrote that on the fly, we can include that in a formal mini-questline later for the rebuilding of al-ruhn...

anyhow, let's discuss ineriors, exteriors, and NPCs...
04-25-2007, 03:20 PM,

So... let's start with the main buildings from Morrowind, excluding Skar for the time being...

Fighters Guild
Mages Guild
Temple
The Rat in the Pot
Ald Skar Inn
Council Club

Will all these still be here, will anything have changed significantly?
04-25-2007, 04:53 PM,

I decided the Fighter's Guild will be gone and that certain chapter in Ald-ruh relocated to Ascadian Isles for their new HQ.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail