Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Lunar Temples of Elsweyr
03-14-2010, 11:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Me and my big mouth....!!!

:idea2:

So the style should be more Inca than Egyptian - but obviously not identifiably either of them. I'll have a think around these pics. More examples still welcome if anyone wants to chip in.

The temples strand should be post-s'rha, shouldn't it? I'm not really up to speed on the whole s'rha thing but doesn't that pre-date the relevence of the 16 lunar aspects that's tied in to the lunar temples?

And on the same front, was the s'rha tileset delivered, or does that need to be revisited?

Senten ran off before he uploaded anything at all, so all the s'rha stuff needs to be modeled again sadly. And yup, it predates the Lunar Temples, but the Lunar Temples are still very old (atleast first era old), however the Lunar temples would be based on the older s'rha ones.

And yea, the temples should be somewhere between Mayan, Inca and Egyptian in style, made unique it it's own way Smile
03-15-2010, 12:10 AM,

Somehow, I'm not surprised. Rolleyes

OK: so we're looking at an architectural heritage with a "mythic era" high point in the s'rha, then a "fall" followed by subsequent cultures echoing the s'rha and building forward.

I'll see where I get to.

I've got the temple collisioned now, and extended the base into the ground a bit to handle slope conformance.

I really need some ideas and preferably art for the stele over the door and the doors themselves. In the absense of anything culturally-specific I can texture the doors with abstract patterns, but the stele really needs to say something. Preferable some form of pictographic text in my view, like an egyptian cartouche - only not, obviously.

Once that's done I can upload... don't like stuff hanging around!

The game plan for this set now is:

Intact temple: 1 model (nearly done)
A few annexes, walls and other buildings, intact and ruined
Ruined temple: 1 model (to do)

all buildings in desert & forest textures
Morcroft Darkes
03-15-2010, 10:22 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Somehow, I'm not surprised. Rolleyes

OK: so we're looking at an architectural heritage with a "mythic era" high point in the s'rha, then a "fall" followed by subsequent cultures echoing the s'rha and building forward.

I'll see where I get to.

I've got the temple collisioned now, and extended the base into the ground a bit to handle slope conformance.

I really need some ideas and preferably art for the stele over the door and the doors themselves. In the absense of anything culturally-specific I can texture the doors with abstract patterns, but the stele really needs to say something. Preferable some form of pictographic text in my view, like an egyptian cartouche - only not, obviously.

Once that's done I can upload... don't like stuff hanging around!

The game plan for this set now is:

Intact temple: 1 model (nearly done)
A few annexes, walls and other buildings, intact and ruined
Ruined temple: 1 model (to do)

all buildings in desert & forest textures

You'll actually need 3 versions, a desert version, a grassy plains version, and a jungle/forest version. The interiors can use use one texture type, I wouldn't imagine players will care/notice.

Also, Anequina Tribe's probably live in the ruined temples from time to time in the North, however in the south I imagine they are mostly just dungeons (in the sense that they are filled with monsters, bandits, vampires, etc).
03-15-2010, 10:58 AM,

I was kind of hoping to get away with the desert version for the grassy plains - it's the persistent wet of forest that would make a difference to the stonework. How do you think a grassy plains version should differ?
Morcroft Darkes
03-15-2010, 01:02 PM,

Perhaps clumps of grass growing on it? Dunno how feasible that would be though.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-15-2010, 01:11 PM,

I think that's better handled in the CS - if you squint at the forest piccies you can see I've stuck a bromeliad and a fern into ledges. I don't know if you can "place" the grasses, though: they nomally just grow randomly.
Morcroft Darkes
03-15-2010, 01:19 PM,

You can make a static version of the grass by looking up the graph meshes in the CS and copying them into the plants folder.

03-15-2010, 01:28 PM,

Doh! Of course...! Well, in that case I'd definitely say to do it in the CS: no point messing up the model.

I might still do another texture for grasslands, though: more sparse grey lichens than thick green moss.
Morcroft Darkes
03-15-2010, 01:58 PM,

That sounds great! Smile

03-15-2010, 02:03 PM,

Another thing - unless anyone has any objections, I'm just going to retexture some stock walls and steps meshes from architecture/stonewall, and save the modelling effort for buildings.
Anybody know a procedural method for updating nif textures?
Morcroft Darkes