Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Lunar Temples of Elsweyr
03-15-2010, 11:57 PM,

open up your model in nifskope and click on the model. a line on the info should be highlighted. expand it and find something that looks like a texture path, change that, check it out and save it, hey presto, retextured model
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
03-16-2010, 12:23 AM,

Sorry - I knew in retrospect that I wasn't clear, but never went back to fix it.

What I meant was "does anyone know a way to update 1 or 2 textures in each of 62 nifs into 3 new pairs of textures without going into each one individually in nifscope to perform 186 individual edits and gradually losing your mind..!"
Morcroft Darkes
03-16-2010, 12:31 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Sorry - I knew in retrospect that I wasn't clear, but never went back to fix it.

What I meant was "does anyone know a way to update 1 or 2 textures in each of 62 nifs into 3 new pairs of textures without going into each one individually in nifscope to perform 186 individual edits and gradually losing your mind..!"

There might be a program for it on TESNexus or PES. And yes, it is tiresome and horrible, I had to do that, not only for one set, but an entire resource file lol/
03-16-2010, 06:12 PM,

if you can't find some batch utility i can do it manually if you want
03-16-2010, 06:21 PM,

Very kind offer (you're mad!) - but I'm hoping Texture Replacer will be what I need. Thanks also to TOYB for general sensibleness.

EDIT:
Can't seem to make TR work: it just breaks the NIFs. I'm going to ask over in general es modding.
Morcroft Darkes
03-16-2010, 10:54 PM,

hehe mad, yes, mad.. *diabolical laughter*
most repetitive tasks i do by hand unless there's an easy command line way to do it, so i'm pretty efficient now
good luck with TR anyway
03-28-2010, 09:10 PM,

The strangely-placed ancient temple complex outside King's Walk has now expanded somewhat with the addition of three new buildings in the same theme and some wall and step sections from my complete desert retexture of the vanilla stonewalls set. To be followed by a forest version when I've done the texture. The solution to the bulk retecture was NifToaster - part of PyFFI. I've done a write-up Batch-mode bulk NIF retexturing tool wanted if anyone's interested.

So here are the latest screenies:

[Image: TempleDesert15.jpg]
[Image: th_TempleDesert13.jpg][Image: th_TempleDesert12.jpg][Image: th_TempleDesert11.jpg]
[Image: th_TempleDesert14.jpg][Image: th_TempleDesert17.jpg][Image: th_TempleDesert16.jpg]
You'll see I replaced the town well with my retex, and mighty fine I think it looks too!
The temple buildings are not really fit for use, yet: they're a bit of a hybrid, being both interior and exterior. I'll have to split them up, but I wanted to start with single-piece because I want to try and "ruin" a few.
I'm thinking these buildings will be useful for any small ancient settlement, or even older buildings tucked away in the bigger towns as well as for temple compounds, and of course the walls are good for anywhere.
By the way - how do you repair ground tears?
Morcroft Darkes
03-28-2010, 09:32 PM,

Looking good! One thing I would suggest with your models is that the need some [more] vertex shading, where elements of the mesh meet eachother (so they blend better), also with the walls, they are looking really excellent, but to work effectively we really need to have differnt pillars, as the current mesh is to recognisable.

But the work so far is very impressive, I can't wait to see the next update Smile
03-28-2010, 11:16 PM,

I have been adding quite a bit of vertex shading after you told me about it earlier - but I agree it needs to be deeper in places.

By "different pillars" do you mean the "three rocks on top" jobbies? If so I can see what you mean. I can rework the mesh for that when I get a chance, but the retex was a "quick win" once I'd made the basic wall textures.
Morcroft Darkes
03-28-2010, 11:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
I have been adding quite a bit of vertex shading after you told me about it earlier - but I agree it needs to be deeper in places.

By "different pillars" do you mean the "three rocks on top" jobbies? If so I can see what you mean. I can rework the mesh for that when I get a chance, but the retex was a "quick win" once I'd made the basic wall textures.

Yup that's what I'm referring to, but I think the whole pillar needs a new model, even if you put something differnt at the top it's still going to look to familiar, needs a new mesh alltogether (something abit more unique).