Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Ruins of Elsweyr
08-07-2006, 03:32 PM,

Perhaps metal or stone guardians that animate when one disturbs certain containers or traps. Or perhaps the mummified remains of khajiit priests defending the temple they served.
08-08-2006, 01:01 AM,

Hmm, I'd refrain from anything remotely Dwemer Anumunculi or something. The idea of a Undead Khajiit priest might be cool to have... I dub thee "Khaj'liich"! :lmao:

Besides there will be plenty of NPCs and critters to 'welcome' you... Big Grin
Mahta agea ry sou macil, ana maka na sinyamer.
08-08-2006, 01:05 AM,

I WANT A MUMMY.

*cough* Yes, a mummy might be nice.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-08-2006, 12:43 PM,

Actually, mummies would do well to be an Elsweyr version of the zombie, IMO of course.
08-08-2006, 12:47 PM,

what if there was a special havok tag thing... the mummies only come after you if you bump into them... so if you sneak and are careful, they will not attack? except they are entombed with loot around them so if you want loot you'll probably bump into them?
08-08-2006, 01:25 PM,

Loving the ruins concept sofar, if it could show the symbiotic uniqueness of each relm in their own ruins it would be quite and accomplisment.

Khajiiti Mummies would be easy to make, since I doubt they would be embalmed,.. turining the eyes into sockets and dulling the fur in the skin.dds would do it, perhaps pinching some of the .nif mesh to get the shriveled look.
08-09-2006, 11:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kyoushu
Hmm, I'd refrain from anything remotely Dwemer Anumunculi or something. The idea of a Undead Khajiit priest might be cool to have... I dub thee "Khaj'liich"! :lmao:

Besides there will be plenty of NPCs and critters to 'welcome' you... Big Grin

Actually I was thinking of animated statues not like dwemer anamunculi/robot things. I envisioned something like this. [Image: SUM6192_small.jpg]

First passage you just think its a piece of scenery, when you might pass a certain point or become detected by it or something when eyes start to glow, with the grinding sound of metal or stone (maybe ceramic?). And then it tries to kill you. Some might cast spells. Others with melee weapon like axes and clubs [Image: Egyptian%20battle%20axes.gif]

or swords daggers and shields, [Image: Egyptian-swords.jpg]

(side note: I don't have a scanner so i can't show you my concepts. so i search online for the closest thing to my idea.)
and maybe bows or staffs.
08-09-2006, 11:11 PM,

:lmao: 'She is the Cat's Mummy!'

The many ruins - each would have to clearly demonstrate and represent the aspect of Khajiit society that is its speciality.

Also this works nicely into the aspect of the different kinds of Khajiit - as the 'breed of Khajiit' has been said to be determined by the the phase of the moon or the lunar month at the time of the Khajiit's birth.

Now if this is true then it might be that the ancient system was for Khajjit to be educated according to breed by their mothers and sent to whichever center for their later education was appropriate... which also opens up quest and lit possibilies for the misfit...

And then that would also have some effect on the current nature of Khajiit society...

superb Egyptian type artwork there...Silver_leopard and :wave: most welcome to Elsweyr!
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
08-09-2006, 11:12 PM,

These ruins are abandoned and lost.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-09-2006, 11:21 PM,

Some = abandoned, lost, and about to be found agin we hopes!

Of others they might be known, but ignored as thought to be totally ruined and empty - which the player may discover is not exactly the case...

Yet others might have been 'converted' to other uses, but hold deep, daark or bright, light secrets...

But there would be traditions and Lore that have survived in both original and mutated form/s to the 'present'.

Also there might be a secret society or societies that either:
- have found one or more of the ruins or;
- have survived unknown to the rest of Khajiiti society... the possible plots thicken...

...possibiliies...

Quote:KuKulzA: what if there was a special havok tag thing... the mummies only come after you if you bump into them... so if you sneak and are careful, they will not attack? except they are entombed with loot around them so if you want loot you'll probably bump into them?
if there is to be a Havoc think I wants the mummies to unravel...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman