Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Ruins of Elsweyr
10-11-2006, 08:30 PM,

more :bananarock: :]
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
10-11-2006, 08:48 PM,

Hmm, before I go into the 12 new ones...

I'm abit stumped with what role both Pa'alitiin and Sjin J'al (modern equivalent: Senchal) would have played during the 1st Era period. Looking forward in time around the period of the 1st PGE gives some insight. Going from that conclusion I've losely labeled Pa'alitiin a group of Bankers and Traders and Sjin J'al becoming the black sheep and dealing with the Black Market. The new PGE mentions Torval (which i rename T'rho-vjal/ 'Jiit 'venacular') being Fishers, probably with some kind of nautical experience given the location near the water.

Hate to 'hand feed' you guys bit by bit... I guess nobody is willing to help me writing brief descriptions for each of the 16 states; might even make for a good literature choice later on...
Mahta agea ry sou macil, ana maka na sinyamer.
10-11-2006, 10:15 PM,

hmmmm - Confusedhh: I sense Kyoushu bein' sneeky here...

Give what you have and I will put this on the list :yes:

Wonderin' how much Lore Mythology and Culture was wiped out by the plague... wonderin if the Khajiit before the plague were basically (physically, psychically and magically) altered by it...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
10-11-2006, 11:01 PM,

The temples for the different territories, they'll be in the cities? ?(

Anyway, the other temples might be 'lost'. Wink (IE underground somewhere, no one knows where they are...)
10-12-2006, 01:48 AM,

Quote:hmmmm - Shh I sense Kyoushu bein' sneeky here...

Hehehe, I don't see how? I'm looking into it/ making it up as I go along, is that a crime?! Big Grin

Quote:Wonderin' how much Lore Mythology and Culture was wiped out by the plague... wonderin if the Khajiit before the plague were basically (physically, psychically and magically) altered by it...

Well be that as it may some evidence would be around for somebody to find.

Quote:The temples for the different territories, they'll be in the cities? Confused

Not really, cities and towns would be built around them or near them.

Quote:Anyway, the other temples might be 'lost'. Wink (IE underground somewhere, no one knows where they are...)

That's the idea... Wink

<edit> I'll start a new thread in the Lore Discussion, this thread is getting far from the intial point... concepts
03-04-2010, 03:05 AM,

Still active. Has been revived my morcoft. Needs to be kept here.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-20-2010, 01:34 AM,

Just a real quick update: we're still roughly carrying on with the original plan for these locations for the temples (which are now basically modelled for exterior). Some will have been absorbed into the new cities, others will still be standing, with a few associated buildings.
Placing isn't in-game yet though so still time for input if anyone has thoughts.
Morcroft Darkes
12-20-2010, 08:25 AM,

Perhaps we could add some interesting features by having some of the ones that have modern cities built over them could still feature as dungeons or underground areas. (much like the catacombs of Naples: http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/4A...001514.jpg which incorporate the old roman resort it's built on top of).

Alternatively, parts of them could still be standing but converted to other uses (a temple could have been modernised and refurbished, or one of those lunar statues could be the focal point of a square).
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-20-2010, 02:32 PM,

Very much what I was thinking, yes.

I'd prefer not to actually have to model a ruined version now: too much hard work getting the rough block edges. So any "ruined" ones should only really be disused - it might be possibly to arrange one of them to be mostly buried in a landslide or something so the only access is through the roof opening - although getting out again will require some thought!
Morcroft Darkes
01-05-2011, 01:45 AM,

Something I noticed the Temple was lacking overall was an artistic touch. Past few days I've tried my best to do just that, I remember people saying how Elsweyr is influenced by Ancient Egyptian art and culture. I didn't want a full carbon copy of a real life culture in our project, so trying to take elements of Egyptian art without it looking too blantent; no Pharaoh's beards on Khajiit no Ankhs etc etc.

After about 2 days of wracking my brain, I came up with this... a start no less; as you can see here.

My original work, the Exterior...
[Image: LunarTempleLegend.jpg]

A) The Stele/ The great Seal of temples
[Image: LunarTempleSealF.jpg]
Great seal of the Lunar Lattice.

B) The Temple Doors
[Image: LunarTempleDoorF.jpg]
Mortal hands grasping into the sky to touch the Moons, Masser and Secunda.

On to the Interior space... (WIP)

Still coming up with a definate layout for the Interior, just a matter of fine tuning I guess. I started with the floor panel first before I'd move on the walls and so forth...

The Interior Floor
[Image: LunarTempleIntFloorCircleF.jpg]
An elaborate series of circles, charting the 16 phases of the Moons. In the center, lay the Astralisk a relic of time forgotten.

Which is another thing I wanted to ask, if it were possible to redo... the Astralisk, I have an idea for v2 if you will; nothing too fancy just alittle more practical. Something like the carved relief from the Door, a Moon within a Moon, on top of a pillar.

Don't want to get too ahead of myself lol Smile