Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Ruins of Elsweyr
08-14-2006, 12:08 PM,

Would like to see this thread pinned as it is a major Lore Building thread
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
09-15-2006, 08:29 PM,
RE: Ancient Ruins of Elsweyr
got any more artwork kyoushou?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

09-15-2006, 09:39 PM,

Hmm, not at the moment really...

Thou I can think of a few odds and ends *winkwinknudgenudge-say-no-more* Smile
Mahta agea ry sou macil, ana maka na sinyamer.
09-16-2006, 10:00 AM,

:yes: nod's-as-good-as-a-wink to a blind bat.
Steven Erikson.

10-11-2006, 04:36 AM,

*weaves a necro-php syntax spell*

Been awhile since I did anything regarding Ruin stuff for this project. Didn't add anything new perse, but I've been meaning to do this for awhile. Hope it's just in the right section...

[Image: TemplesMapF.jpg]

Finally got off my butt to share the locations of the 16 ruin temples throughout the province, where they would have been during the 1st Era, prior to Thrassian Plague that wiped out nearly all of (pre) Elsweyr; leaving both Ne Quin-al and Pa'alitiin to wrestle for political control of the province before uniting and becoming the province we all know and love.

Thanks to Captain and his original map, which I traced to get the general layout; Cartography's never really been my thing... but hey what do know. From there I made a 4x4 grid to place each of the Temple sprites... and voila! Big Grin

<edit> Later on when I have more time, I'll expand upon each of the 16 states and their different roles; the new PGE mentions 2 or 3 I think.
10-11-2006, 04:48 AM,

Great work!
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
10-11-2006, 11:19 AM,

That looks great Kyoushu. I'm sure it'll be important to the player to navigate the desert.
10-11-2006, 03:25 PM,

Thats awsome Kyoushu. Nice to see the map start to fill up with locations. :yes:
"I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves."

- Ernesto Che Guevara
10-11-2006, 07:59 PM,

:bananarock:

:evil: :brew: So now who knows what the names mean, who / what each temple is/was dedicated to, and the Lore background generally?
Steven Erikson.

10-11-2006, 08:25 PM,

Quote:<edit> Later on when I have more time, I'll expand upon each of the 16 states and their different roles; the new PGE mentions 2 or 3 I think.

Well 12 of 16 anyway. Wink