Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argonian Architecture
09-27-2006, 03:19 AM,

we could of course use any sort of concepts gained from the picture I just posted up there about Marsh arabs...
but besides that i have a few more concepts...

these I am inspired from reed-homes...
[Image: hut3.png]
This hut is a Hunting Lean-to
It is made to deter Hackwings, large predatory birds with saw-like beaks. Argonian hunters would obviously not want to squat waiting to ambush prey and have a limb sawed off by a quietly swopping down Hackwing.

[Image: hut4.png]
This is a Reed-hut
It is obviously for living in the marshes. However this hut is unique in that it has a large stalk to stabilize the hut and make it less likely to fall over. The reeds are strong but need to be rebuilt every few weeks as the plant material begins to deteriorate...

[Image: normal_hut5.png]
This is a Chieftain's Hut
It is on Bamboo stilts and has a sort of small thatched-reed longhouse with two stories and a small watch-tower. The chief is also the strong-man and guardian of the village. On dryer land, the structure may simply lack the stilts and platform and be a thatched longhouse

and also variations to the tops of the shaman lodges...
[Image: shamanhutalttopsxl7.png]
note one has a woven dome covered with hides and the other has a cool wooden structure allowing the hanging of an insence burner...
09-27-2006, 03:28 AM,

Good stuff KKA, I like the Chieftain's Hut especially... would like to see more. :goodjob: Big Grin
Mahta agea ry sou macil, ana maka na sinyamer.
09-27-2006, 03:33 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kyoushu
Good stuff KKA, I like the Chieftain's Hut especially... would like to see more. :goodjob: Big Grin
I drawing all these after my homework is done... which mean sI get like 5 hours sleep a night...
but yeah, we'll see if i can get more...

don't forget... this is JUST for Argonians (people of the root)

I already have ideas for Horwalli and Nagas... and little for Kothringi...
for Horwalli tribesmen the homes will be style of tree-houses... will get into that later on and also their lore...
as for Nagas, theirs are based on temrite mounds, spore-puff balls, cobra nests, and alligator nests...

so i have plenty coming up, I just need more time... if only I have control over time, it would be so selfish
09-27-2006, 12:30 PM,

Chieftains Hut looks great. :yes:
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
09-29-2006, 04:49 AM,

Your dedication is more apparent. Thank you KuKu for these wounderful concepts. With some meshes and textures then I suppose this would be a very realistic goal. I already have the bamboo and straw textures made. Did you see them in my closed thread? What do you think of them? Keep up the good work and dedication.
"Your love of the Halfling's leaf has clearly slowed your mind."
-Saruman

"I am the Lizard King, I can do anything."
-Jim Morrison, The Doors
09-29-2006, 06:43 PM,

yea, the stilt area of the chieftains hut was inspired cause I saw you bamboo textures :goodjob:
and yes, I appreciate the compliments, sometimes that little bit of support is makes a difference

I may have some more up soon... maybe very different... who says all Argonians are alike right?! I mean, they are people, they have different styles... i am gonna make lots of different styles...
09-30-2006, 11:14 PM,

Thank you, diversity is key. Glad the bamboo texture did somthing for you. Do you think that texture is ingame quality?
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
10-01-2006, 02:36 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
Thank you, diversity is key. Glad the bamboo texture did somthing for you. Do you think that texture is ingame quality?
yes :yes:
10-01-2006, 05:23 AM,

Quote:Now for the textures I would like to use on my meshes. Heres what I have.

Hut Wall
Hut Wall HD
Straw Roof
Straw Roof HD

I'm feeling I could do better, now that I take another look at them. It's ok, I'll have a library of textures for my mod that we can use here as well.
-Saruman

-Jim Morrison, The Doors
12-23-2006, 05:01 AM,

Nice art up the top. Um im just curious but cos argonians can breath under water are there gone be any half submerged houses or somthing?
I got no idea if this even gona work ( 1st time here ) but when all this knew expansion kinda stuff coming out.
Whatever