Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argonian Architecture
05-24-2007, 06:23 PM,

okay, I have a rough wip picture of the war hut done... remember this is a ROUGH picture just to get feedback if i need to make it wider or not

war hut WIP

(i should probably switch over to Imageshack so I can make thumbnails...)

Also, when I was making the measurements for the doors and like, i was just taking the torso into consideration (how many times do you see people walking around in OB like thy're going to hug you anyways? Big Grin)
05-24-2007, 06:33 PM,

thats roughly right... but remember it's wooden planks on the inside and an earthen wall on the outside and a thatched roof and spikes... thus it's all a little irregular and organic, not very stiff and structured like stone would be :goodjob:
05-24-2007, 07:02 PM,

yeah, I remember. I was just making the rough outline of the shape in Max so that way I can import it to Mudbox and then refine it from there.

Mudbox will let me sculpt the outsides to make it more earthen... hopefully once I get the whole thing done I can bake some really awesome normal maps.

Speaking of which, does anyone know what resolution normal maps Oblivion uses?

edit: had to fix some grammar
05-24-2007, 11:38 PM,

All the normal maps are the same size as the texture.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
05-25-2007, 01:41 AM,

Yeah, I know that, but I meant like... would they be 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit?

Want to make sure I don't get things all FUBAR when the time comes.
05-25-2007, 03:22 AM,

I think the textures are 256x256 pixels x 32bit colour
[Image: sig.jpg]
05-30-2007, 12:27 AM,

Okay... this is taking me a little bit longer than I expected. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I'd be able to get things the way I want them without getting the poly count ungodly high...

Also, I'm not much of a texture painter... are there any textures currently made of the reed/thatch roofing or giant leaves? One idea I had was that to cover the door frame in the hut, I could use a similar technique to the Ice Caves in Bloodmoon (the fur hanging over it) but instead of fur it'd be large broad leaves.
05-30-2007, 12:48 AM,

sounds good, you can use a giant leaf to cover the doorway and have it have an interior and a door...

just do your best, that's all I ask :yes:

as for textures... GreyWizard started on some

Quote:Originally posted by The Grey Wizard
Quote:Now for the textures I would like to use on my meshes. Heres what I have.

Hut Wall
Hut Wall HD
Straw Roof
Straw Roof HD

I'm feeling I could do better, now that I take another look at them. It's ok, I'll have a library of textures for my mod that we can use here as well.

and Razorwing had made a hut, its textures might be good... Topal Isle hut
to download: mirror1or mirror2

I dunno much about texturing either so if you have questions about them its best to email/PM Razorwing or GreyWizard
05-30-2007, 01:18 AM,

well, I know how to UV map and apply the textures... it's just that I'm not so great at making them... but these textures you provided are just what I needed.

for the earth wall surrounding it, should I just use the Blackwood ground texture?
05-30-2007, 01:19 AM,

blackwood ground texture... sure, try it WITH it and if it looks bad we can think of something else Wink