Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argonian Architecture
12-23-2006, 02:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dungen
Nice art up the top. Um I'm just curious but cos argonians can breath under water are there gone be any half submerged houses or somthing?
I got no idea if this even gona work ( 1st time here ) but when all this knew expansion kinda stuff coming out.
I will concept them, I just cannot promise they will definitely be in-game, however there is a good chance, we can just make the interior cell have a certain water level Wink

the concepts above were mainly for northern jungle Argonians, where Argonian Jungles meet southern Morrowind plains.... think Yucatan, the land is humid, yet sources of water are not that common.... thus firm ground to make homes on...
however in the west the land is forest from Cyrodiil merging with that of Black Marsh, it is a wet, marshy, rain-forest that extends, and gradually changes to open marsh with scattered clumps of trees (and Hist). The south and east coasts are mangroves and everglades... and the Topal Bay Isle is a Pacific Island climate...

So to answer your question, the submerged homes would most likely be in the inner Marshes
05-22-2007, 03:09 AM,

here's a photo of a Sumatran fort near Aceh that had been taken by the Dutch in 1901
[Image: Atjeh-slagveld.jpg]

I think i am going to look at Indonesian inspirations... what was previous was mostly native american influenced ideas

like this too....

[Image: x5378e06.jpg]
05-23-2007, 02:31 AM,
swamp city in the trees
city suspended from trees over a swamp (still needs a lot of work, but the idea is there).

Maybe something you could use for your Horwalli tribe.

There should be an attachment, didn't show in the preview...so fingers crossed.

Maybe you're thinking of something like a beavers-platypus nest where the entrance is underwater.
[Image: sig.jpg]
05-23-2007, 02:33 AM,

too bad the Horwalli are long dead... but it looks GREAT! :goodjob:
05-23-2007, 09:21 AM,

one quick request KuKulzA: could you please make a quick scale reference for the War Hut? I figured I'd try to model that first, but I have no idea how big it is compared to your average run of the mill Argonian.

thanks in advance!
05-23-2007, 06:37 PM,

the fence's poles are the height of an Argonian, thus the earthen-wall is 1.5 Argonians tall, the hut's total height is about 2 argonians tall. These are approximates, but I think they'll do well.
05-23-2007, 07:56 PM,

Ahh poles. Great for dancing around!
I practice! JKing! I'm just crazy right now.... I'll get to work now....
Boba Fett and Argonian fan!
05-23-2007, 09:08 PM,

awesome, thanks again KuKulzA. Before I start modelling it i'm going to make a few preliminary sketches to get the all the dimensions based on your concept.
05-23-2007, 10:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by drucifer
awesome, thanks again KuKulzA. Before I start modelling it i'm going to make a few preliminary sketches to get the all the dimensions based on your concept.
thats fine by me, remember, wide as opposed to tall...

Quote:Originally posted by Secretstamos
Ahh poles. Great for dancing around!
I practice! JKing! I'm just crazy right now.... I'll get to work now....
yes, you better go back to work :yes:
05-24-2007, 01:53 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
thats fine by me, remember, wide as opposed to tall...

don't worry, it's definitely wider than it is tall. I'll try and get a basic shape blocked out and have it placed next to the body mesh for a scale reference.