Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashunor Valley [Claimed]
01-24-2008, 04:53 PM,

Yep thats fine. I know it will be a bit of work but custom nature scenes will be right up my alley, its one of the big things that got me into Morrowind in the first place.

If the generation isnt ideal then i still dont mind diving right in and spending some quality time messing around with the preset. Just let me know how progress goes.
01-24-2008, 09:47 PM,

If shakes wants this claim, it's ok for me. I was not planning to have another region.
01-24-2008, 11:47 PM,

I'm glad this region is finally going to have progress. Big Grin Which one of you wants to finish the preset, just to be clear?

Also, I made a few quick changes to the claim map to fill in some gaps on the landmass, and also to avoid technical conflicts with Deepen Moor.
01-25-2008, 03:51 AM,

i dont mind doing it at all. is there a skeleton for me to work with or do you want me to start from scratch?
01-29-2008, 12:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Shakes
I dont mind doing it at all. is there a skeleton for me to work with or do you want me to start from scratch?

Sorry, I must have somehow missed your post while I was finalizing the claim maps.

You can work with the region preset blackbird started (he attached that file above), or you can start from scratch if you prefer. It's entirely up to you.

The region is described in the OP (original post). If you have TES3 and the TES3 Construction Set, you could look at the Grazelands and Ascadian Isles and try to blend them in your preset. If you downloaded our TES3 mod, you could also have a look at the TES3 Ashunor Valley. There are some screenshots of the Ashunor Valley in the OP.

I can't go into too much more detail right now - I'll be online later.
02-03-2008, 05:34 PM,

Do you have any questions about generating the region? All I can think of adding actually is to just make it look as close to the original Ashunor Valley as possible.

Are you going to be starting from scratch or from the preset blackbird started?
02-04-2008, 06:27 AM,

At the moment Ive just been doing a whole lot of experimenting with the numbers and getting my head around it, mainly just changing blackbirds preset.

Theres a few parent/child 'themes' i want to add regarding smaller rocks around some trees and parasols with further plants around those rocks and the like. Although this type of thing didnt seem as prevalent in TES3 Ashunor Valley, both the grazelands and Ascadian Isles use this type of thing a lot and it looks good imo. TES3 AV is very cool though and I definitely want to make it look very similar. I can see by scouting those 3 regions how important getting the presets is in both looking good and saving a whole lot of handwork.

The one thing im not great at yet is textures and mixing them, although i havent been playing around with them as much yet. Ill have to spend a bit of quality time with them too. One idea I had after reading the bit about custom textures in the first post (im not a texturer so i definitely cannot make custom ones) was to copy and rename some default ones instead and use them as placeholders so that they could be easily swapped over in the future as described. Is this doable?

Anyway progress has been fairly steady except for the last few days having to move house, so I should have a fairly solid preset together in 2 to 3 weeks. Im sure ill have more questions before then!
02-04-2008, 11:04 AM,

One idea I had after reading the bit about custom textures in the first post (im not a texturer so I definitely cannot make custom ones) was to copy and rename some default ones instead and use them as placeholders so that they could be easily swapped over in the future as described. Is this doable?
Yes, I use placeholders as well.

Find a landscape texture of your liking.
Give it a new ID e.g. "St5HAshunor...." and create a new entry.
Then add the new texture to the objects listing in the region editor.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-05-2008, 12:45 AM,

One idea I had after reading the bit about custom textures in the first post (im not a texturer so I definitely cannot make custom ones) was to copy and rename some default ones instead and use them as placeholders so that they could be easily swapped over in the future as described. Is this doable?

Yes, do as sandor indicated. Smile

[...] I should have a fairly solid preset together in 2 to 3 weeks. I'm sure ill have more questions before then!

Alright, we'll be ready. Wink
02-05-2008, 06:41 PM,

And afterwards it might be a good idea to write a description for each of the textures you'd like so someone who wants to find replacements know what they should look for. On the other hand you could also just say, "Find textures that look like the TES3 textures", and that wouldn't be bad in terms of direction either in my opinion. Of course another alternative is that you find the textures yourself, but I don't want to make it seem like there's any pressure because like you said the placeholders can be replaced at any time.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]