Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashunor Valley [Claimed]
03-14-2008, 10:53 PM,

I will say that I would really like to see what's been done so far too. Big Grin
03-15-2008, 01:33 AM,

Yep not far off releasing the first version of the preset. Progress has been a little slower since uni (college) went back but im definitely becoming happier with the look and feel im getting.

Ill say Id need about a week just to make everything a bit denser as Ive been generating with less density of parent objects to make the process a little quicker to get the general feel right - now its time to pack everything in a bit more.

Im looking forward to plenty of harsh (but constructive) criticism Wink
03-15-2008, 01:55 AM,

Post it as soon as you can so can I have the opportunity to be harsh. Big Grin :brew: Tongue
04-16-2008, 01:27 PM,

Hey everyone. Its been a while, ive been getting absolutely slammed with uni. Ive got a few days off so Im gonna make a big push and get the preset finished so I can get this region generated.

Anyway, current problem - since I recently installed the new BSA and esm update, my preset test region wont load. I just installed those 2 and then updated the 2 ini's with the new BSA line. Is that all that needs to be done?

Can someone take a look and see if they can look at my preset test region please. The CS freezes when loading when using 'view world here' or when coming from another region in the view window when my cells start to load. It seems like it just hangs up when it tries to load a model used in the area.

Has anyone had similar probs with the new BSA sytstem? Thanks for your help.

Ashunor Valley test
04-16-2008, 02:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Shakes
Can someone take a look and see if they can look at my preset test region please.
The esp loaded fine (screenshot), 'view world here' worked as it should.

Make sure you delete everything (ST v2.5 assets) from the Data>>Meshes>>ST and Data>>Textures>>ST folder etc.
You only need the bsa.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-16-2008, 09:49 PM,

Glad you're back, Shakes. :goodjob:
04-17-2008, 06:43 AM,

@TID yeah im always checking back every few days, but it IS good to have a break from endless assignments and be able to do something i enjoy Big Grin

@sandor ok thanks ill do that.

EDIT: rest of post sorted out via pm.
05-02-2008, 08:23 PM,

Bump?
05-04-2008, 11:03 AM,

Hey all. As arranged by request from TID, I am temporarily relinquishing this claim. Uni and work are leaving me with no spare time until late June, and id like to see this region progress. If anyone wishes to take this up, I have no expectation of having rights over it in the future, but will happily pick it back up when Im on my mid year break (or help out with whatever stage its at).
The file 'Ashunor Valley Test' 5 posts back up contains the latest preset work I have done so far. Its shaping up nicely but here are the major things I see as needing to be done:

1) Crowding things up. In aid of faster generation for testing I was using quite a low density for parent tree/rock objects. Probably at least doubling the density of each parent object will give things a more crowded, interesting feel rather than the somewhat sparse rolling plain look it has at the moment. You may want to leave this until last.
2) Adding in the 2 AV exclusive flora modelled by Razorwing. The Valley Russola and Sunrise flower need to be either added into the preset or perhaps one may be reserved as a rare, hand placed item after generation. The Valley Russola would look great around some rock clusters with dirt texture around them.
3) Ground textures. I like the blend I have at the moment but if custom textures could be found that are similar to replace the stock ones that would be great. If not then just rename the stock ones so they can be replaced easily in future (ie create new entries in the CS). Possibly a small smattering of dirt texture patches here and there could be added too.
4) Getting the sand textures at water level correct. I didnt really get around to fiddling with this at all. They just need to blend correctly.
5) A few MINOR sink value adjustments. Most of them are pretty good actually, most things generate to look pretty realistic.

That is pretty much it. I hope someone else out there has the time that I wish I had to give this region some TLC, and turn it into the beautiful, tranquil, fertile savannah type region like it is in TES3. Id say the presets about 80 to 90% ready for merging, it just needs a last push from someone, and I dont want to hold things up.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, I still do check in every few days. I also have a whole bunch of screenshots from the TES3 version of the region which have been great inspiration for me if anyone wants them. Otherwise you'll see more activity from me again in late June.

Cheers,
Shakes
05-04-2008, 12:26 PM,

Thanks for the information, Shakes. I hope to see you in June, but until then, best of luck to you. :goodjob: