Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asset Distribution
03-18-2007, 05:11 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by WhiteWizard
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
As a modeller, how do the lower-end models get made?
Quote:the models in the public release will be the collision meshes with rudimentary UV mapping.
Smile

Uh, but those have to get made as well. And it's very easy to underestimate the difficulty of making CMs and of UV mapping. I guess we'll hear more frpm the Core soon. Pretty sure this will be a real active topic. Big Grin
03-18-2007, 05:16 AM,

Pretty sure this will be a real active topic. Big Grin

I think it's already done, and this is what we're doing for this release, final.
03-18-2007, 05:17 AM,

I really think BSA compression is better than 7-zip compression, mainly because it's easier to manage in one simple file the game can read, and it stays permanently compressed.
Lol what?
03-18-2007, 05:17 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I think it's already done, and this is what we're doing for this release, final.
Is that why it is taking so long for the next release?
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
03-18-2007, 05:21 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Pretty sure this will be a real active topic. Big Grin

I'm not saying that the decision is not final; I'm not a party to those discussions. How those decisions affect me as a modeller, however, is not only of paramount concern to myself but other modellers as well. I'm sure Razorwing has considered how this is to be handled from the modelling standpoint, but the procedures need to be made clear. "CMs with crappy UVs" is an expression of the endpoint, not how to get there.

Later,
Steve
03-18-2007, 05:24 AM,

I'm not saying that the decision is not final

And I'm not saying you said that either. Wink I'm just saying in case this topic does get active.
03-18-2007, 05:32 AM,

I'm pretty sure this may arise as an issue to the fans of our mod, what I'm worried about is that if they are not happy with how the features of this mod looks, we will lose more publicity. This does, however, promote a bit more activity in order to get hold of the good models. I guess what I'm saying, is if you want the good stuff, claim something.
Lol what?
03-18-2007, 05:43 AM,

We aren't cutting them out entirely, which was the other option to protect our assets, but as I've said, people are starting to want ST's assets, indifferent to how we feel about it. People wanting our assets which were made for this mod to make another conflicting mod. Not only would they be conflicting mods, and disrespecting the real modellers, and the work put into the mod, but they would use assets made for THIS team to make a mod to conflict against this one.
03-18-2007, 06:10 AM,

Will the models currently released still be open to the general public?
Lol what?
03-18-2007, 02:56 PM,

HA!

*fill in what i will say here, since you know it*
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era