Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Away and Return Thread
02-02-2009, 10:58 AM,

Personally I would suggest a bsa if you can manage it, if only because it makes it much easier to install.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-02-2009, 02:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Personally I would suggest a bsa if you can manage it, if only because it makes it much easier to install.

Since that is something I could do using a combination of OBMM, TES4Gecko and TES4VIEW- I think I could do that. Thanks for the suggestion Deeza.
02-03-2009, 11:22 AM,

I'm back from holidays now but my school work is stopping me from doing much.

As for collecting the data into a package, i think thats something we should have done a long time ago but now is better than never. A bsa makes things cleaner but i believe we should only use them at every large progressive interval for archival purposes. Standard zips ought to work for now IMO.
02-03-2009, 01:14 PM,

I can get them collected onto a portable hard drive and into a folder that I can put into a zip file or a bsa file. I am starting that and will hopefully get that finished this week.

We do have a naming system ready in another thread.

Welcome back exile and school is more important.
02-03-2009, 01:57 PM,

Might I suggest 7zip rather than a standard .zip file - much better compression rate.
02-05-2009, 02:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
Might I suggest 7zip rather than a standard .zip file - much better compression rate.

I would not dream of using anything but 7zip. Thanks for the link though, I do not have it on this new desk top yet. My lap top is in the shop. I won't be online long enough to do much downloading until I get it back.
02-07-2009, 02:52 PM,

I got a call from Geek Squad yesterday. The hard drive on my lap top went south. Not sure how long it's going to be before I get it back. Fortunately, what I did get downloaded is on a separate portable drive. I will finish the job up when I get my lap top back.
04-10-2009, 06:24 PM,

Hello everyone.
Sorry for leaving abruptly without notice. My computer practically exploded (the PSU burst and everything killed itself with it) and I couldn't afford a new one until now. I finally have a decent computer (a E8400 with a Radeon HD 4850, runs like a dream!) and will be able to mod again. All the dungeons in my thread (found here) can be re-used as claims, because most of them require cluttering and they need NPCs to be added within them (both things that I am terrible at). If you would like to continue the dungeons, and need some help identifying cells or something, send me a PM.
I don't know if I will have enough time to continue working within the next month, If anything, I'll be able to work on the dungeons 30 minutes a week at most.
What sucks is that it seems my hosted files have been deleted. I don't have them backed up anywhere. If there isn't a solution, then I'm afraid that the work is gone Sad
I like forts! You don't like forts? Screw you.
This post has been edited 5,453 time(s), it was last edited by Beremat: Today, 53:83
04-12-2009, 02:04 AM,

welcome back Beremat.