Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BlackMarsh Diseases
03-07-2009, 05:19 PM,
BlackMarsh Diseases
I have been thinking a lot about Diseases... There are many creatures that can be venomous: snakes, spiders, centipedes and others... There can also be poisonous plants...

By now I came up with

1.Malaria (the malaria Mosqito) ( If in contact with a Malaria mosqito the player will be infected with the First stage of this disease. His energy will be constantly fading. If he doesnt cure it in three days , he will be sick with the Second stage. The player will have fever once or twice a day. He will still have almost no energy, If the illness isn't cured in three days, he will recieve fever and paralysis four or five times a day. Energy would'n boost any more. Health will be shrinking. The cure disease potion won't help anymore. The player will need a special potion/ spell. The fith stage is fatal. The player will have no energy, very little magicka and health will be shrinking fast.

the Whitespider disease is now in progress...

Please comment on this article...
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-07-2009, 05:24 PM,

since this is not my mod, my comment wont count..

i dont think it should be called malalia, keep in mind that this is a RPG. not the real life..
in the oblivion engine it would be very hard to make a mosqito..
also, how would you script a fever?

- overall, it sounds really nice,, im just a skeptical person Big Grin
03-07-2009, 05:27 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by simonp92
since this is not my mod, my comment wont count..

I dont think it should be called malalia, keep in mind that this is a RPG. not the real life..
in the oblivion engine it would be very hard to make a mosqito..
also, how would you script a fever?

- overall, it sounds really nice,, I'm just a skeptical person Big Grin

Well, the mosqito's skeleton can be the Imp's. or The Flesh fly (if it is ready)

The fever script is similar to the Inebriation.

It is an RPG, but still a little bit of reality won't do much damage...
03-07-2009, 05:41 PM,

This is something that has to be impleted the right way or it will just be annoying. People dont want to adventure around and read every ten minutes: 'You have gotten malaria" (or something along those lines) If we do this, and i'm not that fond of the idea. Since it will be far to annoying. But IF we do this. It has to be implented very well and we realy have to think out of how it will be added.
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
03-07-2009, 06:13 PM,

That woul be closer ti realism... In fact... People wont meet mosquitoes every 10 minutes Big Grin
03-07-2009, 06:35 PM,

I guess it could be a hazard of a particular region. For example, the Everglades. Mosquitoes tend to congregate around water anyway.

Just an FYI, Koniption has already made a few objects that are hazardous within the landscape itself, such as the exploding seedpod and there is a centipede and animated Flora Fly that can be used.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
03-07-2009, 07:39 PM,

We can make something like the Harrada from Oblivion.. MAybe the Devil's snare or this thing http://bp1.blogger.com/_-ZBetdb2RYo/R6Cp...plants.JPG
03-07-2009, 07:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DoZeNt
We can make something like the Harrada from Oblivion.. MAybe the Devil's snare or this thing http://bp1.blogger.com/_-ZBetdb2RYo/R6Cp...plants.JPG

I have a damage script which works the same way as the Harrada plant from OB, you ge too close and get hurt, would be a nice idea to have something in OB, maybe even with a disease which saps the players health or attributes.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-07-2009, 08:19 PM,

This reminds me - I had exactly the same idea a while ago, but never developed it because I suck at scripting...

I invented a whole list of new diseases, and had worked out all the script effects that would work them. I'm sure I can find it if I take a look around my hard drive. The idea was, each disease would be caught in a specific location, or by being bitten by specific animals.

The general idea was that they would all work like vampirism - symptoms are triggered by scripts, in exactly the same way as DoZeNt's idea. For example one of them was the Blind Worm, which slowly and progressively destroys the player's sight. So it's almost like a race against time to cure it.

My plan was that only Argonian Shamans in the deep swamps know how to cure the diseases - instead of paying gold, the player has to collect ingredients for them and participate in a healing ritual. Of course, after the player had done this once, they would be immune to the disease and unable to catch it again.

I was even thinking of including this in my plans for the main quest, in which the player catches the dreaded Khanaten Flu and can only be cured by Hist sap. This would be the "starter" quest which introduces the player to the Hist and their mystical powers.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-07-2009, 09:24 PM,

Nice ideas, Deeza! Also, the 'Harrada root' idea has been mentioned before but not fully explored. I believe we may have a hazardous plant that is a little like this but I can't find the link right now......Koniption is presently taking a well-earned break but when she gets back it would be worth asking her about that....she is our flora genius!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod