Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broadsheets in Reich Parkeep
06-15-2006, 03:41 AM,

Yeah smart. We get enough ego-pumping in these games. It should be mixed up.
/*************************************
** Tunester the Bard **
* for fun and love! *
**********************************/
06-15-2006, 04:03 AM,

btw, we will need 'Cheap Guide to Reich Parkeep' too )
06-15-2006, 01:34 PM,

Has there been any source material put together for the town yet? A guide would be pretty hard without some.
06-15-2006, 06:11 PM,

Together with a couple of other guys, I wrote a guide to the city as it was in our old mod.

A new guide isn't a bad idea, but I think it would be more fruitful to hang back on writing a guide for the city until more of it has been completed, as the guide could then mention facts the player can experience in-game. There's just too many unknowns at the moment. Even after the claims maps are up, the position and titles of the locations doesn't tell us much about how the places will look 'n feel, so if we were to write a guide right now it would either box modders in or become outdated on most points as new interiors get completed.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-16-2006, 05:26 AM,

Yup, you are right Smile I just don't have enough paper materials to put on tables\desks in the interiors Smile))
06-16-2006, 01:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by HeIsTheDarkness
Yup, you are right Smile I just don't have enough paper materials to put on tables\desks in the interiors Smile))

True, we don't have enough literature brought in yet. I'll be sure to bring in the broadsheet Treebiter wrote, so there'll at least be one new, and hopefully the books Franc wrote too when the nifs are updated.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-16-2006, 02:27 PM,

I've accepted a claim of the Steadhelm Mages Guild and I was asked to but some quest roots in it, so I figured I could write a broadsheet about the matter....

The Steadhelm Courier

Special Edition:

Anonymous Mage of the Steadhelm Mages Guild reports!

?There is something wrong here, in Steadhelm! Weird sounds have been heared at the Steadhelm Mages Guild, and I suspect an elaborate plot to overthrow the Steadhelm Mayor is about!?

Says the mage who decides to stay anonymous.

By Relamus Veloth.

Since the, much disputed, approval of Vanco Valean as HeadMage of the Steadhelm Mages Guild, things have changed. Although not completely rule abiding, the Mages Guild second-in-command, the Breton female Mabrelle Masola, is honored by many as the one who had deserved the post of Head Mage of the Steadhelm Mages Guild compound. According to many, there were 'political' reasons for the appointment of Valean. Whatever those reasons were; the stranged rumors have slipped past the Mages Guild' guards. Two are actually facts: A struggling person has been brought, flanked by two battlemages, to the Mages Guild. Also, two members of the Mages Guild have been killed, in the street.

"Valean is trying to bring down the Mayor of Steadhelm!" screamed our informant enthousiasticly to our reporter, "He has already detained his son, the mystery man who struggled against the spells of those Mage Guild Enforcers! And Valean could be right that he would succeed, after the mayor and his wife Valean is the most influential man in Steadhelm! I'm also confident that HE killed my two brothers, and I'm sure he's threatening the good lady Masola now!". According to several reports inside the community of mages, Vanco Valean has been branded a 'Most sinister, vile, cruel and horrible' man. Though positive reports come through now and then, "Sir Vanco Valean has put through reforms that were necessary after the fall of the Necromancers!". Still, a person who isn't a pleasant man to be with, isn't necessarily a violant murderer.
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-16-2006, 03:01 PM,

Cuthalion: Nice! :yes:

There aren't any mayors in-game though, it's just an internal term. Imperial towns like Steadhelm are usually run by a noble, like a Count or a Baron, but not always. Gnisis for instance seems to be run by the Legion commander (I could be wrong), while small through-and-through Dunmer villages like Gnaar Mok are usually run by local leaders. Presumably those villages lie within the realms of a county run by a proprer noble, but that's mostly conjecture on my part.

Btw I won't add your broadsheet though, I imagine you'd want do that yourself in your Steadhelm GoM plugin.
Angel mired in filth
06-16-2006, 03:11 PM,

@Razorwing: Offcourse I knew there weren't any mayors in the game, but I didn't know at the tiem who ruled over Steadhelm, so I chose to temporary call him/her a mayor.
And yeah, I'll include it in Steadhelm, if I'm allowed to by DA. I'll hide it under a pillow of an Mages Guild member Big Grin

BTW: If you want me to write broadsheets for Reich Parkeep; just ask, I like writing....
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-16-2006, 03:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
@Razorwing: Offcourse I knew there weren't any mayors in the game, but I didn't know at the tiem who ruled over Steadhelm, so I chose to temporary call him/her a mayor.
And yeah, I'll include it in Steadhelm, if I'm allowed to by DA. I'll hide it under a pillow of an Mages Guild member Big Grin

Hopefully we can mimic the Black Horse Courier method in Reich Parkeep as well as in Steadhelm, and have broadsheets turned on or off as time goes by. So the player wouldn't have to look very far to find something new to read. A great way of 'advertising' one's work in-game, because a steady supply of broadsheets would draw many players back to the town again and again to check if there are new news to read - some of which might lead to new quests, perhaps?

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
BTW: If you want me to write broadsheets for Reich Parkeep; just ask, I like writing....

Yes yes yes please do, you're a good writer! Smile
Could I trouble you to supply it/them in esp form? That would help out a lot, TIA.
Angel mired in filth