Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broadsheets in Reich Parkeep
06-19-2006, 07:38 AM,

well, if you have some friends with you [which we should assume he had] and he had a knife than 5 people ain't rediculously much. Besides, maybe it was a job which had to seem like a barfight?
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-19-2006, 07:45 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
Besides, maybe it was a job which had to seem like a barfight?

Very nice idea Smile) Maybe you add suspicion of it to the broadsheet? It can later evolve into quest, I suppose )
06-19-2006, 07:51 AM,

I'll try, but on the other hand it's not necessary. The two other claims (DA, Commona Tong connections) are serious enough, right?
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-19-2006, 07:55 AM,

Hmm, yes, it's ok Smile
06-19-2006, 02:16 PM,

The Reich Parkeep Courier(temporary name)

Special Edition:

Two Hlaalu deaths!

"A group of Redoran Dunmer killed two Hlaalu members, Tuvor and Nathisa Andrethi, this morning?

Says a town guard

By Relamus Veloth

A heated discussion between four Redoran Dunmer and two Hlaalu Nobles was ended in a most cruel way, the knife way. Tuvor and Nathisa Andrethi were important Hlaalu nobles and they were in Reich Parkeep on a diplomatic mission. They had just bought new robes from [insert robe-shop here] and when they crossed [insert sector/street/square name here] four Redoran members stopped their slow progress to their temporary housing.

According to eyewitnesses the argument was about an insult, made by a Hlaalu Noble, towards a Redoran noble. When the discussion reached it's top, either the Hlaalu or one of the Redoran drew their knife or sword. It is unclear which one started the aggressions. According to the Reich Parkeep Imperial Guard Captain, the four Redoran will receive a fair trial. How far the influence of this act will effect the diplomatic relations between the Hlaalu and the Redoran is of yet unclear.
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-19-2006, 06:33 PM,

Razorwing: I've fixed the citation marks (I don't know how to do tilted ones with a keyboard... Kind of a mystery how they got that way) and the Matze spelling, but I'm having problems replacing Narcotics. The word did exist in medieval times as a latin word with it's origins in the greek Narkoticos meaning `to render numb`, but does sound a little too modern I suppose. Er... Opiates or drugs both spring to mind but suffer from the same problem. To be honest I'm at a loss. I don't really want to use Skooma or Moonsugar again but can't think of any alternatives. Anyone got any suggestions?

I'm glad you liked it Razorwing. The Racism issue is something I'd like to see more of in the game. Personally I'd like it to go as far as some Dunmer (some meaning, a lot of) having a very low disposition towards the PC if they play a beast race. Some kind of detect race script should do it. That way you could wander into a Dunmer village as a Khajitt and not be able to afford anything as everyone has hiked their prices up at the sight of you. That kind of thing.

Also, after reading your message on the paper being by Outlanders for Outlanders I have to say I agree.
06-19-2006, 07:05 PM,

Cuthalion: Nice! I'm not sure "trialed" is a word though, but other than that it seems perfect.

Treebiter: I didn't know that was an old word. Sure sounds modern to me, which is why I thought it stood out. Perhaps "stimulants" would work, or maybe just "drugs"? Just ideas though, I'm sure there could be better alternatives. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-19-2006, 07:20 PM,

Removed Trialed and replaced it with "will receive a fair trial"
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
06-19-2006, 07:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
Removed Trialed and replaced it with "will receive a fair trial"

Perfect. Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-22-2006, 10:07 PM,

I've added the two new Reich Parkeep broadsheets now. I've also attached the template I used for them, and I would be much obligued if future submissions could be written and supplied based on that template. I should say though... *cough* ...I haven't playtested it myself. I based it off of the Black Horse Courier text. I'm 98% sure it works, just thought I'd mention that in case I was wrong.

Looking forward to more broadsheets in the future, guys! :goodjob:

[attachment=2834]BroadsheetTemplate.txt[/attachment]
Angel mired in filth