Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug report for internal version 1.4 and later
07-11-2005, 11:16 AM,

Yes I found the same issue (throughout the mod, unfortunately) and posted about it earlier tonight in the Dialogue thread. I fixed it on my machine by exporting all dialog, reimporting it (into a new esp), and running TESTOOL's clean function over it. Works beautifully now!

The import functionality seems to resolve the [CRLF] into the proper line feed characters - not sure why the dialog was not resolved properly in the first place though, but these things do happen... Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Sparrow
I would like to start off with... I LOVE this mod! I haven't really started the questing but have just enjoyed wandering around and exploring. Now onto the bad news....

I was getting numerous dialog issues "[CRLF] not found", "Choose not found" etc... anyway I tracked this down to the explicit [CRLF] strings rather than an actual carriage return inside the dialog result window for assorted NPCs (e.g. the sltw_ds_housemerchant NPC, which is the one I finally started to investigate the problem with).

On my own copy I fixed this by exporting all dialog, importing all dialog (thus causing all [CRLF]'s to be resolved correctly) and then cleaned with TESTOOL... I verified that all of the [CRLF]s appear to be gone and all seems to be working ok for me for the time being. I thought you might like to know so that it is fixed on your end though Smile

BTW, I have the 1_4 release from the downloads section.

Ed.Rw 050711, 23:36 C.E.T.: Added a link to the original thread and reposted the bug note, for easy reference.
07-11-2005, 07:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Elathia
Does anyone know anything about this [CRLF] business?

I have a certain feeling...

Quentin got the tip to export all Dialogue lines to Excel and spellcheck them there. If he then imported them again they could have gotten the typical windows-[CRLF] at linebreakes.

Quentin, could you please check if that happened?
07-11-2005, 09:50 PM,

You're certain feeling is right, Nerevarine. :bash:

I already responded here ( http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/thread.php?p...3#post1693 )

Thanks again. :mchm:

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-11-2005, 11:09 PM,

You get a crash-to-desktop error when accepting Sparrow's quest to heal Wormy and return him to her. Upon acceptance you get:
"Script sltw_ds_archiewitchScript
Line 1 function reference object """" not found."

Clicking yes or no to the continue running executable dialogue produces a CTD.
07-13-2005, 07:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Johnnycab
You get a crash-to-desktop error when accepting Sparrow's quest to heal Wormy and return him to her. Upon acceptance you get:
"Script sltw_ds_archiewitchScript
Line 1 function reference object """" not found."

Clicking yes or no to the continue running executable dialogue produces a CTD.

Hmm, could it perhaps be connected to the dialogue import mishap? I don't think that quest have been broken before. But Quentin is putting together a fixed version and I'll see if I can playtest the quest afterwards and report if the dialogue fix corrected the bug you experienced. Thanks for reporting it! Smile

And welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-15-2005, 02:38 AM,

Perhaps it's a mod conflict, I'm too new yet to understand how the quests are supposed to work, or it's just not finished. I've had a several quests that seem to not work for me. I receive the task from the person in need but sometimes nothing will happen afterward.

Examples:
Wormy - I've supposedly been given the cure, journal was updated, but I didn't actually find anything new in my inventory. I went to Wormy anyway, tried to activate it and nothing happens.

Fothas Gilnith - poison crime. This just may be open ended, but I got to the point of confronting him to turn him in, he says who's gonna believe a stranger. Nothing else happens with him or the guy who asked me to investigate. Instead he keeps asking if I've found the cave yet. Also noticed this in the conversation with Fothas in the PC responses: CRLF]setfothastaunto

Alnas Carbo - Reich mines, needs 5000 drakes. I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do here, there's no suggestion of who to seek for the money.

When I remember correctly you have to get the money during your travels and adventures. Once you have the necessary amount you can get back to him and start business; 17.07.05 QF

Macares Dren - in an ancestral tomb, summons a golem but it does not appear. Instead I can hear sounds from the wall. Locked door message: "This door seems to be allmost rusted shut, it won't open further then this. You guess youll have to find another way." Typos: allmost (should be almost), further (should be farther), then (should be than), youll (should be you'll)

Fixed the typos; 17.07.05 QF

Eleisha, Reich Parkeep - kid lost toy sword in well. I retrieved it, but Eleisha doesn't recognize that I have it in inventory. Keeps asking me if I could get it.

Guild of Traders, Reich Parkeep - no one seems to be selling anything.

Guild of Fighters, Reich Parkeep - behind the tapestry, there's a locked door that's not aligned properly. Can see thru to the adjoining room.

Fixed; 17.07.05 QF
Where does the light come from? ...
The same place as the music
-----
Mods Downloads
07-15-2005, 10:59 AM,

Hi kalikut,

thanks a lot for posting the bugs you found. Unless the new Harry Potter comes in-between I'm going for a bug-fixing spree this weekend.

Keep them coming.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-15-2005, 02:02 PM,

Just so you know, this is how I started playing. I'm not sure I've been able to complete a single quest yet.
-----
Mods Downloads
07-16-2005, 04:53 PM,

Hello everybody,

as I said already to various people (erm ... and in my previous post Blush ), I intended to give our plugin another bug-fix this weekend including an attempt to eliminate the dialogue problems, but these plans have been thwarted by the postman who rang at my doorbell (twice) at 14.00 h, bringing me my pre-ordered version of the Half-blood Prince.

The good news ... it's 18.45 h now and I'm halfway through so I guess I'll be able to continue my work tomorrow at noon (yes, this will be a rather sleepless night Wink ).

I just wanted to let you know ... and btw - it's splendid!

Greetings

Quentin
07-18-2005, 02:53 PM,

I haven't got to play much since the last time I posted, but here's one.

Arnahus Unpalir - wanted me to get rid of Dark Brotherhood assassin for 750 in gold. I killed the DB, since I couldn't talk to him. I payed the crime penalty which was way more than 750, btw. Anyway, I went back to Arnahus and he didn't recognize that DB was dead, and I didn't get paid.X(

Smile
-----
Mods Downloads