Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug report for internal version 1.4 and later
07-21-2005, 05:38 AM,

Ahh.. quick... its good to see the machine still work ok with some oil and spit.. Ill go DL it and check my quests... allso been working on my initial projects... Time is still one of the few things I dont really have.. but Ill make some time to complete the velothi mountains.. (Since my work on it.. looks a bit unfinished now.. ) As well as the small tomb I was working on...

So more in due time...

-D-

Ps. Q msg me pls.. We need to discuss why I was kicked out the group so to speak.. Even tho a man works alot.. its odd to come home after some days and see he is evicted... especially when he practicly supported the structure for allmost a year when others inhabitants were in the same position he is in now...
07-21-2005, 10:33 AM,

Deus: Sounds good. I should say that we have a guy working on the southwest part of the Velothi Mountains. The left-most three cells on the bottom row, I think it was. So those are currently claimed. The other cells aren?t. My mod, which isn't in the current release, also touches the VM here and there but not in an extensive way.

About the kicking out thing, I know nothing. There certainly hasn?t been a core vote on it, or discussed in any other way.

Edit: I thought of something. We've moved inactive core members from Core status to Honorary member status. As you haven't modded that much in the last year, perhaps that's why you were made Honorary member on this forum?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-24-2005, 08:26 AM,
Crash bug in TESCS ?
I need someone to provide a second report on whether the TESCS crashes when entering the cell "Jarnhald Mountains -27, 5". The CS crashes every time I enter that cell. The attached image dump shows what occured exactly when the CS crashed that particular time. The bluebar says -27,6 but that's because I had an object selected in that cell; the prob is in -27,5.

It seems to have crashed when it tried to load the object "sltw_ds_statue_07", judging by the info, but I don't know if that's the case or not. I've tested other times since then too, and it crashes at the same time as "sltw_ds_statue_07" is seen in the window...

...so maybe the bug is really about that item?

Edit 1: Yep :]

The CS also crashes when I try to drop "sltw_ds_statue_07" in the world window. The static is used once, around the Ancient Gate, and the bug probably doesn't have anything to do with -27,5 -- the crash just happens when I get close enough to the exterior cell with the statue.

Edit 2: Hehe. Morrowind crashes-to-desktop when I try to
coc "Ancient Gate"

There sure is a problem there.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
07-24-2005, 10:52 AM,

I checked it out and - at least in the CS - I encountered no problems (read: no CTD)

1. I searched for the statue "sltw_ds_statue_07" and it is only once in the plugin, in cell "Ancient Gate -27,3" (see pic one)

2. I added a second statue which worked without a problem (see pic two)

3. I marked the original statue and pressed 'T' to center above the statue and ... grey nothingness (see pic three)

4. I decided to add the statue again, double-clicked and found out that I was high, very high above the ground (see pic four - the statue's height level is about 1.100)

My conclusion - there is something wrong about this statue, but I have no clue what it is. My suggestion - someone with knowledge of 3dsMax should take a look at it and at the other statues as well ("sltw_ds_statue_01" up to "sltw_ds_statue_07"). Maybe this will lead to a sufficient solution.

Now I'm going to see what happens in-game.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-24-2005, 11:04 AM,

Quentin: Okidoki, great to hear that it's being worked on Smile Could you change the statue to one of Deus' other statues for the next internal release, though? That way statue #7 can be worked on without stress and modders can move around the area where I experienced the CTD. It's quite possible your setup is more stable than mine, and so you don't experience the CTD, but I wager I wouldn't be completely alone in getting that kind of Construction Set CTDs by the statue.
Angel mired in filth
07-24-2005, 11:14 AM,

Alright, will do. Smile

But the other statue in the area, sltw_ds_statue_04 I think, gives the same fly-high-effect when you select it and press 'T'.

Oh and it works in-game as well (see screenie), but it was good that I checked it out for I found a poor fox who was stuck in a hill.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-24-2005, 11:44 AM,

Thanks man Smile
I'll pick up where I left off when the new internal release is uploaded, and will report back if removing/changing statue #7 fixed the CTD problem.
Angel mired in filth
07-25-2005, 03:18 PM,

im going to list a few issues i found(in the public versions[but no "list" of them in the new patch notes] please forgive me if these are already in the works becasue i am a noob)
-interiors called Redoran farmer 01 02 03 might want to be renamed to something more like the farmers name etc.

- 2 houses S of Reich Parkeep have no interiors and theere doors open on nothing..i can do these interiors if no one else is. to get to them go from Reich to crossroads take a left and choose teh southern of the 2 roads...then hop over a small hill and you'll see them

-this last one is probly a mistake on my part( or just my noobishness) but when i visisted the nohgirm ancestral tomb i couldnt get out once i killed the golem? also why does the mirror "open"(its activateable and moves on its side) onto nothing?

-looking trough new armor in the CS and the shalk armor is missing some texture on teh pauldrons i belive.

anyway hope this helps :/ ill check the new version for others(downloading)
07-25-2005, 03:40 PM,

These are from 1-4. I kept meaning to get these up... but anyway, if they've already been dealt with, then good. But here goes.

No way to get out - Fixed; 25.07.05 QF
No money? - Fixed; 25.07.05 QF
Incomplete word/sentence - unfortunately the sentence stops in mid-air, so to speak and I have absolutely no idea what is supposed to be said Sad ; 25.07.05 QF
Does not follow - Could someone please have a look at this and tell me what I have to do to fix this? She simply won't come along :eek: ; 25.07.05 QF
Where does the light come from? ...
The same place as the music
-----
Mods Downloads
07-25-2005, 03:53 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ashlander
im going to list a few issues i found(in the public versions[but no "list" of them in the new patch notes] please forgive me if these are already in the works becasue i am a noob)
[...]

Yaay, I finally got a reason to test out the function to cut a thread into two Big Grin And for added finesse... merged the new thread with the bug report thread. It's really great that you report bugs! But could you post subsequent ones in the Dungeon? TIA!

Btw, and this is directed to everyone, BetaComment reports makes life easier both for us bughunters and for our industrious file administrator Quentin. To use them:
1) In your morrowind directory (not in data files) create an empty text file named exactly like this: BetaComments.txt
2) Change the 0 to 1 in the BetaComment line in Morrowind.ini
3) While playing the game, bring up the console
4) Click the item in the game window that relates to the bug (or is closest o the bug)
5) Write BC "xxx", where xxx is the note you want to report, then hit return and exit console mode to resume the game.
6) All your notes are gathered in BetaComments.txt, and when you want, just upload it as an attachment to a post in the bug forum Smile

A bug report is written in like ten seconds once you get the hang of it, and allows Quentin to pinpoint exactly what needs to be fixed. If you can, please use it.
Angel mired in filth