Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug report for internal version 1.4 and later
07-18-2005, 03:40 PM,

kalikut: Good of you to spot that =)

Everyone: It hasn't really been mentioned on the forum I think, but a small group of us are using a bug report system in the Content Manager System. That's why this thread has been so relatively quiet lately. Here's a link to it, if you want to check it out:
http://www.silgrad.com/cpo/bugs/

If anyone wants to get an account so they can also report bugs there, just PM me. Be warned, you need to know HTML. If you don't, please use this thread. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-20-2005, 06:52 AM,
hmm.. assasin quest..
I am the author and builder of that wonderfull mindfuck.. aka the DB assasin. When I still had the esp under me, it worked fine.. all 4 endings of it.. But being the sport that I am.. ill check into it today.. and let you all know my findings..

-D-
07-20-2005, 07:38 AM,

Ok here goes,

Scriptingwise and programming wise the entire quest should work as it should.. BUT (yes there is allways a but) When opening result boxes I see that somehow all the results have been pasted after one and other only seperated by [CRLF]. I have never seen this b4, but its my oppinion that that causes the flaw. When comparing it in game all I can see is that it does the first action and then skips the rest. I have no idea what happened to the esp to get (I saw alot of result boxes who mysteriously have this now) this.. but I suggest removing them all and placing them nicely under one and other as it was intended. Example below

now:
set assasin_ash to 1[CRLF]"sltw_ds_assasin_asnahur"->AddItem "ebony shortsword" 1[CRLF]moddisposition -5[CRLF]goodbye

as it should be imo
set assasin_ash to 1
"sltw_ds_assasin_asnahur"->AddItem "ebony shortsword" 1
moddisposition -5
goodbye

ps, nice to see I was dethroned.. so to speak...
07-20-2005, 07:59 AM,

Hi Deus, good to see you again!
The [CRLF] issue was introduced in some mysterious way in the last release, but Quentin has got it all fixed now. Read Sparrow's post on the first page of this thread if you want to know more.
Scripting-on-demand
07-20-2005, 08:06 AM,

dumb me.. or lazy me (which ever comes first)....

Where can I DL a corrected version of the esp?.. a 4.1 if you will?

-D-
07-20-2005, 08:12 AM,

Quentin has released no new .esp yet, but I believe he's got it all corrected now. Maybe he can send you one? Or I can send you my fix when I get home....
Scripting-on-demand
07-20-2005, 08:16 AM,

Ahhh.. perfect.. and yes thanks my old friend.. btw read your pm's lol.

I am looking forward to a corrected version soon.

-D-
07-20-2005, 04:37 PM,

- Direct link to the fix (.esp only, 7mb)

- The release thread

All credit goes to Quentin, I just hooked up the update to the protection script.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
07-20-2005, 04:50 PM,

*waves at Deus* Good to see you again, mate.

And you're right, Razorwing ... especially the credit for screwing it up in the first place ... :hmm: ... :lmao:

But I wouldn't have been able to fix this problem so fast without you and all the help of so many fine people. Thank you all.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-20-2005, 05:03 PM,

Quentin: Hehe I meant the credit for doing the fix, so people didn't think I did it. The amazing and extensive spellcheck was a helluva good thing you did, and it really raised the quality of the mod. We can't stare at the little foibles for so long we stop seeing the grandeur behind them =)
Angel mired in filth