Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLAIM: City Planning and AI
07-24-2009, 01:41 AM,

Here are the final city planning maps for Stormhold. Interior claims are on the way.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
07-24-2009, 08:44 AM,

Umm... the building you currently have down as the "Panther's Paw Stables" is currently the Hospice of Mara, one of the only two completed interiors. Maybe we should make a third building outside the walls for your stables? Love the name though.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
07-24-2009, 09:39 AM,

Ah, I thought that might be the case. I couldn't see the name on your map though so I just went with it. I don't think there'll be room for the Panther's Paw....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
12-07-2009, 11:03 PM,

Gideon is now ready to receive an overhaul of its interiors...and here they are...

Much of this builds on what we have discussed already about Gideon but there is still the option to change the odd few things if you feel that there is a need for something different in line with the quests that will be going ahead.

Tlo1048 designed some of these interiors already but they could do with updating with custom assets in some cases. All of these will be mini-claims as I've supplied complete interiors that just need customising. The interiors may surprise you as I've not released screenshots yet...
12-12-2009, 10:51 PM,

I'm just working through every single interior at the moment and making sure that all buildings at least have starter cells.

I have attached the city planning for Chasepoint which has now received my mini-claim treatment so that they look fuller. They will still need to be adapted but they should be easier to adjust now.

I will then move on to adding the last interiors for Tenmar Wall and Stormhold. The city planning for each of these has already been done but the starter cells have not.

Then Hixinoag needs the city planning treatment followed by Rock Grove. In between all of this, I should have a little time to start opening claims for all of the above plus the few Soulrest interiors available. Then it's on to Go-Ja Morgoa and finishing that. So there's a fair amount of polishing off to be done.
12-12-2009, 11:27 PM,

Good to hear. By the way, I thought I might do Kulu-Hees at the same time as I do Kangumabog. I can't remember what was decided about it - what kind of size should it be and what architecture style?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-13-2009, 12:52 AM,

Well, Kanugmabog should be sort of a mix of the bmhuts and others but Kulu-Hees is focused around swamp huts. So BMSwamphut is your average house but you could use BMSwamphutlandshutfresh, bmchieftainswamphut and any of the shaman huts. Just make sure you don't use too many of the shamanflamehuts as these are for ritual purposes only and are unlikely to be able to accommodate people.

You should be able to use some of the Hixinoag items as well. The main thing is that Hixinoag is very liable to flooding and outside attacks from denizens of the everglades so it will probably need some kind of protection in the same way that Sloughpoint has the stakes surrounding it.

I'd only use the watertop hut set if you're planning on adding some kind of large bar or meeting area but, if so, only use about one hut.

Kulu-Hees should really be very small though. It's really quite a minor place. It may have importance for the shaman but it's not big. I only offered those three cells by means of a general indication of what space could be covered. The Everglades should be hazardous and even most of the Argonians will be staying in their homes to avoid attacks from the swamp creatures. Fortunately, those models I mentioned are pretty small too.

I'd be careful about taking two settlement claims at once. I always think that settlements are pretty damn unique and take a lot of time and devotion so it's not like claiming lots of interiors. However, I'm not going to hold you back if you want to take it.

Edit - Feel free to use oilplants, glowshrooms, the hanging moss ropes from the waterside hut set and the hanging moss from the environment set...but be careful applying the hanging moss to trees because, as you know, trees sway in OB, so you'll need to be careful in choosing how you apply them.
12-19-2009, 09:47 PM,

The city planning for Hixinoag is done (see attached).
12-20-2009, 03:44 PM,

And here's the city planning for Rock Grove.
12-20-2009, 06:10 PM,

A revised version of Sloughpoint.