Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLAIM: City Planning and AI
12-21-2009, 10:29 AM,

Updated version of the Stormhold City Planning.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-09-2010, 11:19 PM,

The exterior of Soulrest city is now complete and, at the time of writing, ready to be merged into the main esm. The layout of the city is as shown. Anyone wishing to do so may now plan the city...although you may need to have a good look in the CS at what you're dealing with first. Interior claims will follow the city planning.

What you see here is #1 (Upper Class Soulrest), #2 (Lower Class Soulrest - Northern half) and #3 (Lower Class Soulrest - Southern half).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
03-20-2010, 06:27 PM,

That city looks fantastic, love these buildings.
Have you started doing interiors for this city?

I'll able to claim 1 or so.
03-20-2010, 07:20 PM,

Yes, it's definitely a favourite. We just need to plan out the city in terms of which buildings belong to which characters, guilds and so on (that's what this thread is for) then we'll submit interior claims. I think Deeza was interested in planning Soulrest so we should have these on the way soon.

You're probably best off doing a small interior for the time being whilst you're waiting. There are a few claims on Soulrest beach that are up for grabs. It's just that I haven't got round to submitting claims for them yet. One of them is 2BMLRSoulrestDockhouse which is just on the beach. Another is 1BMIGSoulCove01 and 1BMIGSoulCove02, both of which are smuggler's dens that can be found in the pirate's cove off the shore. Or, if you're feeling really ambitious, you could try 2BMIGSoulrestSeafox which is the interior of the Dres Scuttler ship that is docked in Soulrest seaport and contains Dunmer mercenaries and militia. You can find all of these in the interiors section of the cell view window.
03-21-2010, 04:31 PM,

Hmm, that sounds interesting Ibsen. I think i'll take a look to Seafox..
Where can i download all the BM files, what needed to modding?
03-21-2010, 05:55 PM,

Good to hear you're getting straight in there with the claims. All of the meshes and textures that our mod uses can be found here:

Black Marsh Resources: Latest bsa

and the latest version of the esm here:

Latest esm and esp updates
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-22-2010, 12:00 AM,

True, but this should be your main reference point seeing as you've only just joined: New Modders Start Here . It should tell you everything you need to know to get started here and contains those two threads that KP posted above. Please keep me updated about the Seafox as it's quite a big claim, especially if you're new to modding....and I'm not sure if we have all of the Dunmer clutter that we need. Anyway, paintings and the like MUST be Dunmer ones....and any NPCs should be wearing Dres armour and so on.

This should prove useful to new interiors modders: Clutter Advice . It tells you where to find all of our assets in the CS.
03-22-2010, 02:11 PM,

First bunch of interiors planned (will upload the modified picture later today, Paint doesn't seem to be working as planned on this one):

2BMDZSoulrestUC01 “Stormhold Port Authority”
The headquarters of Rear Admiral Esperides, the man directly responsible for operating and taxing the port of Soulrest. Once a high-flying naval commander, he was moved “sideways” into this less strenuous post after concerns arose about his heavy drinking. Although it made him popular with the sailors, this habit has worsened since he arrived in Black Marsh, meaning that almost all of his work gets done by his very stressed attaché Captain Lupus. The building is also home to Esperides’ wife, who has literary aspirations.

2BMDZSoulrestUC02 “Botanical Glasshouse”
Already completed by Ibsen’s Ghost, this place is operated by the Mages’ Guild for research purposes.

2BMDZSoulrestUC03 “Rudolfus Mansion/Fighter’s Guild
This run-down manor is home to Artemo Rudolfus, an unhappy old man who is convinced that he is cursed. The last of a once-powerful family of colonists, he lost everything when his father’s estates were seized by the Royal Court. Most of the house is deserted and cobwebbed, with Artemo using only a small room to live in. The player will be able to acquire this building as a Fighters’ Guildhall.

2BMDZSoulrestUC04 “Silverman Hall”
Named after the extinct Kothringi, this huge building used to house the Admiralty of the world-renowned Kothringi fleet. Now, the lower left portion is a luxury hotel for visitors to the port, and the main, multi-floored section is an office block of sorts for various Guilds and companies. The Mages’ Guild operates a few alchemical laboratories on the top floor, which serve as their headquarters in the city. Beneath them can be found the offices of the East Empire Company, a trading conglomerate devoted to sailing ships on the perilous route around Black Marsh to the rich lands of Morrowind and back again. The Stormhold Mercer’s Guild also have offices here, as do the South Seas Company, the EEC’s bitter trading rivals.

2BMDZSoulrestUC05 “Sotho Manor”
The palatial home of the master of the Sotha Tren organised crime syndicate, who takes the concept of “hiding in plain sight” to a whole new level. After all, no criminal would be stupid enough to name his secret headquarters after himself, now would he? The upper floors have what you’d expect, kitchens, reception areas and personal quarters. However, the really interesting stuff is below ground, where a cave behind a secret door in the basement leads to the network of wind tunnels underneath the city, the principal route of Sotho’s smuggling into and out of Black Marsh.

2BMDZSoulrestUC06 “Soulrest Castle”
Once the royal palace of the Western Kingdom of the Kothringi, this luxurious building is now home to the Imperial Governor of Soulrest and his trusted advisors. These “Archeins” or native argonian bureaucrats are responsible for the day-to-day administration of the city. Their corruption is notorious, and has contributed to making Soulrest the haven for crime it is today. The governor himself is an insatiable womaniser, and is so unpopular that he rarely leaves the palatial upper floor apartments of the castle for fear of being pelted with rotten food in the streets. The castle also contains an armoury, some offices and a small garrison of native Legionnaires.

2BMDZSoulrestUC07 “Parsemo Mansion”
This building is home to a large and squabbling noble family, who are neither as rich nor as powerful as they believe themselves to be. The ageing parents, Luke and Sophia, have two sons, Damien and Lucius, (who have been squabbling over their inheritance since they were children) who both live here along with their wives (who aren't too keen on each other either). They live in an almost constant argument, but will band together when threatened. They operate a large plantation out in the countryside, but its output has fallen to almost nil as the Parchlands have deteriorated and crisis looms.

2BMDZSoulrestUC08 “The Elseweyr Embassy”
The main diplomatic mission to Black Marsh from Elseweyr, this place is home to the Emissary of the Mane, the most senior Khajiiti diplomat in the region. Over the years he’s played a key role in defusing tensions between the two provinces on opposite sides of the Bay of Topal. The building is also home to his two aides, one from Anequina (the northern desert of Elseweyr) and the other from Pelletine (the southern jungle of Elseweyr). They don’t like each other, but agree that their boss is almost senile. They have an elderly, mute Argonian servant who sleeps in the kitchen.

03-22-2010, 09:53 PM,

All looks about right to me. The only thing that puts a spanner in the works with regards to the UC area is that we don't entirely know how LR's interiors will look for the big buildings. As I may have mentioned, I think the really tall one will be good as a general Guildhouse with it split into sections according to the Factions who rent space there, sort of like an office block. I'd like to have the pathway that looks onto the top of the Arboretum accessible via the Mages Guild so this Guild could be on the topmost floor.

Did you check the exteriors, by the way? They might influence your decision. The one with the plank leading onto the wall section was supposed to have been a upper class Inn / Restaurant and the one almost dead centre has a landing with painting accessories on it. This may influence the eventual outcome of choosing which location fits with which building.

I would have suggested having more shops but I think that may be best left for the LC area where there are stalls everywhere and everyone wants to try to sell you something.
03-22-2010, 10:03 PM,

Hmm. I wasn't aware of that... I don't have the interiors in my version of the esm. Perhaps we should put the hotel/restaurant in the one with the plank, have Sotho's manor in the LC district?

Also, I thought you wanted the one dead center to be the castle? Perhaps the Governor's long-suffering wife is a keen painter?