Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLAIM: City Planning and AI
03-22-2010, 11:43 PM,

It's difficult to point out the correct buildings without a pic but I think that the hotel/Sotho ideas sound good but I don't think I may not have got my point across with the others. Basically, I'd hoped to use the 'really really big mansion' for the Castle but there's another that, if walking through the gate from the LC area, you would have to walk around in order to reach the arboretum. It's the same model as the 'hotel/restaurant' but that's the one with the painting stuff on it.

The painting I used is related to Stormhold's Constantinian Order. I'd hoped to link up a quest with this one eventually...it's just about a man suspected of having Constantinian powers.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-18-2010, 07:13 PM,

City planning for Soulrest is completed. Partly based off Deeza's suggestions earlier, here are the full interior maps. The LC district comes first in both Northern and Southern halves, followed by the UC district. More interior claims for both Soulrest and Gideon will follow.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
04-18-2010, 07:28 PM,

Sorry I completely missed this, just thought I'd throw in my belated two cents on this:

The Howling Seadog: was originally intended to be the mages guild
Sotho Tren Manor: Decrepit rundown fighters guild establishment

The Guildhalls were the Governor's mansion and the soulrest castle was a Sotho tren owned mansion, to show just how much power they have etc.

that's just how I'd originally envisioned it

x

edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
04-18-2010, 11:24 PM,

I could switch these. I just really liked the idea of having the Guildhalls as a kind of office block with different Guilds inside. I guess I could make Shardie Margonet's villa into the seadog....but we do need another Inn besides the one in the UC district...any other opinions?
04-18-2010, 11:37 PM,

Personally I prefer Ibsen's way of arrangement, since I really like the office block idea too.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
04-20-2010, 10:54 AM,

yeh, its cool it just suprised me 'cause I'd missed this thread earlier Smile
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
04-20-2010, 07:24 PM,

Thanks guys. I'll start issuing interior claims with this map shortly then.
06-24-2010, 09:16 PM,

The planning for Glok-Chuba is now complete (see attached). I've already provided complete interiors for Aarbriturrukhu's Pod and Brabrughurr's Pod in my current esp and will try to rattle off the rest of them. The full townscape is pretty much complete although I guess a little more clutter wouldn't go amiss.

...plus I spent some of my evening cluttering the other entrance to Glok-Chuba (not the hollow trunk entrance but the one underwater on the Blackwood/NagaCradleJungle border. This area is named the 'Chuba-Chubes' and is used for communal bathing by the Paatru.
06-24-2010, 10:57 PM,

Dang IG, how'd you come up with those Paatru names? They're so...comblabulated (spelling?). But they're fitting for the Paatru, I think. Made for good giggle fodder.

About the houses located under the water - you'll have to make sure to flood the first floor of the underwater houses, so that the player goes from a swimming animation directly to same swimming animation once in the house, else the player will be in a nonstop swimming animation when in a dry house, when they're supposed to be walking.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
06-25-2010, 06:12 PM,

Already done. =)

But do you think if I set the AI to go in and out of the underwater buildings that they'll be able to find their way to dry land again? I'm hoping to make the Paatru completely 100% equipped with water-breathing so that's no trouble...but finding their way without pathgrids could be tricky. X markers should do the trick though.

P.S. Deeza set me off with the names. They follow on from his Kulu-Hees names which I really liked...so I just followed suit.