Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Census@ excise offices
02-21-2006, 09:04 PM,

chain of command:

Tamrielic Empire - Emperor
Morrowind Province - King Helseth
Vvardenfell District - Duke Vedam Dren

Redoran Territory - Redoran Council (Venim is the Archmaster or Lord High Councilor)
North Gash - Master Lord Miner Arobar (Councilor)
Ald Velothi - Hetman Theldyn Virith

so the Emperor installs a King to rule a province, that king has a limited rule over his dukes... those Dukes have a limited control over the territory....
but then there is the local/traditional governing body...
02-21-2006, 09:07 PM,

Exactly. It'd be like someone in a US state saying, "Man, let's dump the senate. I'm all about the governor." It just doesn't make sense unless you're trying to start a full-scale provincial rebellion, which isn't on the agenda.
02-22-2006, 04:46 AM,

yeah, leave the census and excise as it is, they know they can't stop this amount of numbers so they're reduced to stopping what large smuggling rings they can and what large pirate incursions they can, oh and collecting taxes Big Grin
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
02-24-2006, 06:26 PM,

This may come a little late, but here it goes:

Join Census & Excise! See the world! Help the Cyrodiil Empire today by joining us! Learn to collect taxes and filling endless forms bureucratic documents! Rise in the ranks and you may even have couple of Orcish thugs to help you (they are stupid and expendable anyway)! Learn to confront some angry dunmers who would love to see you dead and don't hesitate to unleash their nix hounds pets at you! Become the Empire's most valuable ass-kisser and learn to deny refugee applications from those no good low-life idiots trying to take advantage of the wealth and well-being off the Cyrodiilic Empire! Earn your own village and persuade its inhabitants to aquire the message of the great Cyrodiilic
Empire by spreading Imperial propaganda! So join today and become the ass-licker extra-ordinnaire! Join your in your local C & E office today! Stupendous!

So basically, who needs C & E anyway? Even in the Morrowind they were just mandatory "faction" for the player to be recorded and there was just one quest where you had to solve the murder of some lousy taxman (who wouldn't hate a tax collector) So, IMO, if possible you should leave this guild out or perhaps intregate it some other guild. I have spoken.
02-24-2006, 06:31 PM,

so your point is that not to make the C&E a joinable faction?
who needs C&E? why the Empire does....
I put in some quality work making the quests and all and the entire thing is pretty much planned out...
it would be a shame to just throw it out... as its already planned... Wink

Census & Excise
02-24-2006, 06:37 PM,

I agree. It's bad in theory, but I kind of like KuKulzA's ideas for it. Besides, not every job in life is exciting and it would earn money for lower-level role players who don't just want to go hunting.
02-24-2006, 06:38 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
I agree. It's bad in theory, but I kind of like KuKulzA's ideas for it. Besides, not every job in life is exciting and it would earn money for lower-level role players who don't just want to go hunting.
yea.... some people role play peaceful types of characters.... minimal fighting...
personally I go for fighters but that's just me... I'm sure there are pacifist gamers Big Grin
02-24-2006, 06:42 PM,

Or pacifist gamers that are driven from their happy-go-lucky desk jobs to darker, more intense lives. I tend to lean more toward the tragic hero-types, who don't show up on the shore planning to slaughter people and claim exhorbitant wealth. It just sort of happens gradually.
02-25-2006, 01:44 AM,

Heh, I usually end uo with a dark and evil fellow who destroys political balance and wades into battle with 2 companions and 10 foes. But I keep enough integrity so I dont completely lose the fact that Im the hero.

But how about whe integrate the Census into another faction? And have a quest giver at seyda neen or somewhere else that gives you all the quests for it?
02-25-2006, 02:02 AM,

i say don't change anything.
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"