• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cerro Vampires
10-21-2006, 08:23 PM,

Ideas are always good, glad I could assist

so what you trying to say...we have different view points Smile

Its all good in the name of good modding I think
Makes for good questing and stories

Its all about player choice, we have to leave options open to:

Allow the player to use any of the University Facilities to advance their character and provide them with imaginative and compelling quests in the process...

The player should have the choice to decide to aid in the construction, in the recruitment and with the Cerro. And we need to sort out ways to get the player to that point.

The Nerevarine is essential to the Cerro Questing, thats our way of having a reason to be in Akavir and it connects the Nerevarine to our other projects.

Advantages/Disadvantages: lets bang them out, that always seems to be the most fun way.

Heres the thing, I am thinking strictly from a morrowind time frame. I don't know what the future holds, I do see the winds of change and I can hear whats happening in my world. I have been told that I am the Incarnate, a rebirth of a Hero who is to free the Dunmer from their Curse, why have I been choosen to do this, do I even want this responsibility,
If I am Dunmer then yes I do, I want to see my people freed.
If I am Imperial, no, for what advantage would it be for me to help the Dunmer
What if I am Argonian, Khajiit or Nord how is my view point then.

I always thought it was funny to choose a race before discovering what your purpose was... made it Ironic to see an Imperial or Nord as the Savior of the Dunmer, how would they REALLY react to that. Its got to be another Test from the House of Troubles, surely our Savior could not be an Imperial !!..... anyways enough rambling
Advantages: You go first !

Smile

Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
10-21-2006, 10:39 PM,

Sort of depends why you were in the Prison boat, and how you were treated... all that way with only 2 passengers and almost no cargo? If it was all to transport you then why Jiub?

Thing was that if the Dagoths win the blight overwhelms Vv and then Morrowind, and the whole of Morrowind is converted ... steamroller and conquer the whole of Tamriel... only the Nerevarine can stop them ? K?

The Cerro surely know how important it is to resist the Blight... and they must have dealt with any potential 6th House elements in their own ranks ruthlessly already.

----------------------------
What happens if the Fighters Guild is put in the main Campus? The Imperial Guild have a position from which to spy, and other Imperial Interests follow. These infiltators work to bring the Uni under their sway, hampering anything that appears to diverge from their own game plan, and the Cerro cannot operate freely. They cease to trust...

If the Cerro, the Redoran and the Uni accept the way forward is pleasing the Empire and their Hlaalu allies then that is the end of them. There is no way forward, they get absorbed, and personally bankrupted by the Hlaalu who have no sympathy for them, or would do if they lived that long.

You have to wonder what Helseth is up to picking a fight with Almalexia when the Tribunal are the only thing that stands between Morrowind and the blight. Helseth does not really know about the Nerevarine, so in his mind he must be committing suicide in attacking Almalexia ... he must know what Dagoth Ur is capable of... so maybe he has something darker behind him...

Consequences in the immediate future have to be that the whole purpose of defeating the Hlaalu and saving something for the future is undermined, might as well leave Morrowind entirely and go live somewhere else... the University begins to die stillborne because there is no dream. When the Hlaalu and the DRES Vampire Aristos overwhelm the Indoril none of the refugees even consider going to the University - so they go to Vvardenfell and north to the Telvanni, where they are abused and wasted away in the coming War... endit.

Why do the Cerro not help? Because the Dres (Vampires) are aided in overcoming the Indoril remnants the Cerro withdraw from association with the Uni, hinder it at every turn, and target the Indoril founders - they are dangerously anti-Redoran and Vampire Allies - The Ancients have survived with one purpose and dream in mind - to clean Morrowind of Vampires wherever possible. they will not compromise - because then all the young Vampires will have been 'turned' for a false dream... because their purpose is to resist the unclean undead they cannot do otherwise, and the 'young smart ones' see it the same way too. They depend on the old ones to find the cure. They cannot permit spies to be brought in to the research facilities. It is one thing for a 'friend' to get close - he may be turned or eliminated, but you know what he is all the way, but the Fighters are Imperials, so they must be eliminated.

The Nerevarine receives an invitation to visit one of the Redoran Councillors for .... reason, and when he is away... the Cerro attack the University Campus in overwhelming numbers. What is not killed is turned to cattle... endit.

If any Indoril survive because they were somewhere else during the attack they have no hope left. They cower in caves or the backstreets shocked and bewildered by events that they cannot comprehend. The Redoran are shocked, but it seems that the whole enterprise was doomed....

The Cerro will live to find another way. The Uni was only one string to their bow - the Nerevarine is still alive... the Cerro go on with their plans...

---------------------------

If the Academy is given the go ahead to be set up as an Annex far from the research quarters, then this is the 'necessary' evil that you describe. Neither the Cerro nor the Indoril Sages want this... but they will find ways to blunt the effectiveness of the Academy, and even turn some of the pupils to their cause without compromising their role in the troubles that the academy undergoes. They may even use the pirates in this.

The Legio Argonis is well known, and respected. They do not encroach, and they are one of the few Imperial military elements that are positive in all respects, because they are not really Imperial. The Indoril never really liked slavery, but they had to accept it for the sake of stability, so they feel some sympathy for the Argonians. But slavery is about to be declared illegal...

Once the fighters have been sufficiently humiliated and put in their place the University, reacting in shock to the pirates depredations send in effective assistance amd the Argonian Legion with their newfound allies triumph... = big bonus for the Uni and Argonians. This helps the Uni to recruit Argonians and others who are disaffected from the Imperial way.

The Redoran authorities are happy to see the Uni securing their southern borders with the Argonians, who are not seen in the same way as other units of the Legions. They may be Argonians, but they are our Argonains. They never really competed with us for resources - we never wanted the poison swamps anyway. And we Redorans suspect Hlaalu and Dres connections among the pirates.

The Cerro still have hopes - the balance of their delicate position is maintained, and they can continue to walk the tightrope. Also the Redoran have been taught a positive lesson - is it never give a sucker an even break? More important it is do not do your enemy's work for him unless you intend that he will fall into the trap that he intended for you.

The Academy is a trap designed to subvert this dream of Morrowind...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
10-22-2006, 05:22 AM,

OK

so I thought and thought and thought some more

And I suppose my lack of understanding in these future/past events and with all the power play/political redoric. makes me totally confused

So Bob ######## must take a giant step back and say Hey what were we going to do in the first place

Oh yes

Build a University &
Develope the Cerro Vampires

So lets keep in mind all that I have learned and go back to basics

Silgrad has a University. Thats what I was told, so I am going to build it
My natural assumption was that this University would have been built during the same period of time as the city was built, theirfore it would be constructed by House Hlaalu and probably fit their Archecture Style

That was my assumption, and it can still be that way

Then I was told, (and I had also read this prior) that the Cerro Vampire Clan was Silgrad's very own Vampires COOL !

So I am going to add them to the game......

NOW

All other things aside

We have 1) University to teach something
2) Cerro Vampires who we would like to use as a tool in order to advance the Nerevarine into TES IV, by giving him/her a reason to be in Akivar
3) House Indoril, who seeing the winds of change, is looking for allies.
4)The Nerevarine, The Incarnate savior of Morrowind, who after defeating Dagoth Ur, suddenly disappears and is believed to be in Akivar, and we do not know why.

The Cerro: A very unique clan of vampires, who's membership is exclusivly redoran, they have lots of power in the house and most everyone other than other clan members in unaware of this.

The University: In Silgrad, which is a Redoran City, overshadowed by Imperial presence. Naturally over the course of time Dunmer from House Redoran would be in postions of teaching and administrators of this school. Always under the watchfull eye of the empire.

House Indoril: Openly opposed to Imperial Control, knowing that they are waning in numbers and that their day may soon be over... they need allies, they need places to hide.

Nerevarine: If following the screen play should be somewhere in Vvardenfell fulfilling prophesy.

Lets converge all this together.

Under this scenerio, we can manipulate the progress through dialogue and interactive questing, so that as time moves forward we begin to see changes.

Bring the hero into a fully functioning university using several very different courses.

Fighters Guild
Mages Guild
Knight Orders
Freelance
An Invatation to join
House Redoran
House Hlaalu

The player most likely will be members of several of the guilds and any of the Great Houses

Allow the player to choose the method which they want to join

Set up a quest line for all of them, the first few can all be the same regardless of how the Hero is representing.

But once the changes start occuring and the NPC's start disappearing and new faces are seen, rumors change and things begin to unfold

Start bringing in quests that require sabatoge, spying, stealing

As the events unfold and our Hero has done sufficent quests, then we have him/her requested by one of the Headmasters who is a Cerro, but this is still unknown.... the quests can be performed and our shadowy fiqure can appear ( I still like this part alot ). Because the hero doesn't know about the Cerro at this point, but after several of the head master requests are completed, then the shadow fiqure reveals himself and it is the headmaster, who then devulges to the hero the true nature of the plan.

Then we can bring in the Indoril, secretly of course .... to be continued

Smile
Hows all that sound to you

10-22-2006, 10:14 AM,

Try:

Start:
The University does not exist, except as the dream of a group of Indoril Sages;

The Indoril Sages buy a ship pack their books, manuscripts, scrolls and worldly goods into the ship and set off to find a new home;

The first place they intend to try is Silgrad Tower that has a famous Library = they think scholars too

to be continued....

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
OK

so I thought and thought and thought some more

And I suppose my lack of understanding in these future/past events and with all the power play/political redoric. makes me totally confused

So Bob ######## must take a giant step back and say Hey what were we going to do in the first place

Oh yes

Build a University &
Develope the Cerro Vampires

So lets keep in mind all that I have learned and go back to basics

Silgrad has a University. Thats what I was told, so I am going to build it
My natural assumption was that this University would have been built during the same period of time as the city was built, theirfore it would be constructed by House Hlaalu and probably fit their Archecture Style

That was my assumption, and it can still be that way

Then I was told, (and I had also read this prior) that the Cerro Vampire Clan was Silgrad's very own Vampires COOL !

So I am going to add them to the game......

NOW

All other things aside

We have 1) University to teach something
2) Cerro Vampires who we would like to use as a tool in order to advance the Nerevarine into TES IV, by giving him/her a reason to be in Akivar
3) House Indoril, who seeing the winds of change, is looking for allies.
4)The Nerevarine, The Incarnate savior of Morrowind, who after defeating Dagoth Ur, suddenly disappears and is believed to be in Akivar, and we do not know why.

The Cerro: A very unique clan of vampires, who's membership is exclusivly redoran, they have lots of power in the house and most everyone other than other clan members in unaware of this.

The University: In Silgrad, which is a Redoran City, overshadowed by Imperial presence. Naturally over the course of time Dunmer from House Redoran would be in postions of teaching and administrators of this school. Always under the watchfull eye of the empire.

House Indoril: Openly opposed to Imperial Control, knowing that they are waning in numbers and that their day may soon be over... they need allies, they need places to hide.

Nerevarine: If following the screen play should be somewhere in Vvardenfell fulfilling prophesy.

Lets converge all this together.

Under this scenerio, we can manipulate the progress through dialogue and interactive questing, so that as time moves forward we begin to see changes.

Bring the hero into a fully functioning university using several very different courses.

Fighters Guild
Mages Guild
Knight Orders
Freelance
An Invatation to join
House Redoran
House Hlaalu

The player most likely will be members of several of the guilds and any of the Great Houses

Allow the player to choose the method which they want to join

Set up a quest line for all of them, the first few can all be the same regardless of how the Hero is representing.

But once the changes start occuring and the NPC's start disappearing and new faces are seen, rumors change and things begin to unfold

Start bringing in quests that require sabatoge, spying, stealing

As the events unfold and our Hero has done sufficent quests, then we have him/her requested by one of the Headmasters who is a Cerro, but this is still unknown.... the quests can be performed and our shadowy fiqure can appear ( I still like this part a lot ). Because the hero doesn't know about the Cerro at this point, but after several of the head master requests are completed, then the shadow fiqure reveals himself and it is the headmaster, who then devulges to the hero the true nature of the plan.

Then we can bring in the Indoril, secretly of course .... to be continued

Smile
Hows all that sound to you
HARD WORK Tongue
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

10-22-2006, 07:12 PM,

Start:

The Indoril Sages buy a ship pack their books, manuscripts, scrolls and worldly goods into the ship and set off to find a new home;

The first place they intend to try is Silgrad Tower that has a famous Library = they think scholars too

Ok I can see that......

Lets say we add this to the "Latest Rumor Topic" for "some" npc's along the bitter coast area....

Rumor: I heard that a ship recently left for Silgrad, but their were no passengers or garrison on board, thats strange considering all the pirate activity.

Journal: I have learned of a shipment headed for Silgrad, the locals found it strange that they would leave with no garrison with so much pirate activity.

Quest: Shipment to Silgrad

At this point the Player will have the quest active and can go at any time
What about this: The player follows the path of the shipment and finds that it has been siezed by pirates.... finds the pirate outposts but is stopped by an Argonian Legio footsoldier, who has been watching the priate activity....... continued...

Hope your not tooo distraught with my slowness of mind

Smile

Bob

10-22-2006, 08:45 PM,
Timeline
Firstly , slow is fine - like me. Secondly take it slow take the time to get the feel... this only really starts when it has flexibility variety and makes smoothe sense to all...

ok, I'll try to bring this closer to a quest format, giving the in-game pov.

If this is to truly be an MQ it has to have both a subtle and obvious highly dynamic struggles and choices. There must be a timeline.

Timeline Ancient
In the beginning was the long struggle between the Cerro and the Ancient Imperial Vamipre that infected them and caused them to become ostracised from their beloved Redoran... [book required]

So the Cerro worked at Alchemy, always searching for ways to return to the bosom of the society that was their birthright... [book required]

Timeline Medium
The Cerro begin to make progress with their potions and many newcomers to their ranks use these potions to move freely in Redoran Society... [Book required]

Then came the Imperial Invasion etc and the changes to Redoran Fortunes brought about by this... and at the same time the Tribunal has been more effective in preserving Vvardenfell than the Mainland... [Book required]

So we have the Cerro vs Imperial Vampires and not thrilled about Imperials generally as if the Imperials and Hlaalu take over totally they will imperil the Cerro... who will no longer be able to hide... [Book required]

We have to include hints of Dres as they will become increasingly important in TES4 - maybe through the Pirates later, who may have a Dres-Hlaalu Crew, and Their Agent/s.

Timeline recent:

Start:

The first place they think of is Silgrad Tower that has a famous Library = and scholars too... but hey are at a loss as to how to go about things.

-------------------------------
Steven Erikson.

10-22-2006, 10:00 PM,

Edit Note:

I remembered something else..... all this stuff your telling me about the Cerro... I remembered that I have seen this before and I figured out where !!

Smile

I like !! :banana: Horay !! I like something

It fits our need, simple and gives us the reasoning behind what we are doing. with little or no justification.....

Are we thinking these letter will be found during the upcoming quests or prior ?

Thanks
Bob

10-23-2006, 09:25 AM,
The finding of the letters - Rescue
The finding of the letter/s

That has to be worked into the Timeline Post but I think that the Sages' letters must be found in the home of the Redoran Scholar when the player finds it. They may be in different locations so that they are found one by one, and they may be hidden in plain sight = loads of clutter... scholar Confusedhrug: thus they can be found all at once, or bit by bit. This way if the player does not see them or passes them up before the quest he/she may be 'encouraged' to return to the scholar's home later to find out all he can ... when he begins to suspect that there may be more to the University's benefactors for example...

As for the letters from the Redoran Scholar and others to the Indoril Scholar/Founders, those may be found in diverse locations: ... In the shipwreck; in crates floating around there; in a leather case on the seabed below the shipwreck; among the loot that the pirates have taken; on the body of a dead pirate (just crumpled up and stuffed in there) etc...

Either sort might be found in the home or on the body of an enemy agent... so the more letters the better - have to upgrade them so that the player becomes fascinated by the tale - and there will be books natch. Maybe a few early volumes of the Botany Books.

What I really want to see are stacks and stacks of crates filled with all sorts of books and personal possessions from floor to ceiling in the hold of the sinking ship and dumped in the hold of the pirate vessel. Natch most of them will be ruined by saltwater so they will only have legible titles on the cover = we can thus include some of the famous past titles for which we have little or no content in-game...

Terrible thing to do to those who love to read eh? But it has to be done. :yes:

A series of letters to be discovered later in different locations:

Quote:From a speech by Naimer Indoril made in despair to the Council of Indoril in the year .....

[1ST]Y[/1ST]ou who say you are not Imperials think yourselves the center of the world, but we of the Great Houses and Ashlanders know that our history, full as it is with hardship and trials, is rich and varied. Morrowind was founded by the people of Veloth fleeing injustice and tyrrany, and we feel no shame in our culture. You shall see in the years to come that we are not to be so easily put down or dismissed.

Why, an outlander may visit any City in Morrowind, even in the corrupt Hlaalu City of Balmora, and will be told by any pauper on the streets that even they, the poorest, benefit from the Temple's University system... it is ancient and revered. All Dunmer know this. We need not hide our heads in shame nor turn to the Imperials for knowledge. They come here to loot our cultures - look in any Dwemer ruin and there you will find their lowlives and scholars scrabbling in the dirt to salvage the wealth of our past that we have turned from because we have better.

But times are hard, and the Temple is in turmoil. We, the Last Sages of the Indoril are afraid, for we see our traditional lands being subsumed by the greedy Hlaalu and the rapacious Dres, while the Ghost Fence weakens, the creatures of the blight and worse pour forth to devastate Vvardenfell as the Tribunal disappear or fall one by one.

We have tried to awaken the people of our Great House to their danger, but they have their own concerns, they turn from us, they scoff, they deny what happens before their very eyes - all for the sake of their pride.

And so in these forsaken days, when there is no safety to be found anywhere, we have taken it upon ourselves to outfit a ship and quest to establish a new Center of Learning. To preserve that which is best in our culture. By this means in times to come, we may preserve some small peace and place of refuge, where our beloved people fleeing oppression, may find safety, learning and something familiar.

It is our thought that of all the other Great Houses, it is to Redoran that we might most naturally turn in this our hour of need. They have the same enemies, are loyal to the Temple and together we may find common cause.

May the Saints and Ancestors bless this, our endeavor,
Naimer Indoril,
Scholar

The scholars have been corresponding with one especially well informed and resourceful colleague on the Westen Mainland, who has provided them with copies of some unique Alchemy texts that have advanced their studies enormously.

Quote:Dear ....,
thank you so much for the copies of the ...... ...... they are absolutely priceless - etc....

Quote:Dear .....
only to happy to help a colleague, leaning and understanding is all ....

Things have been a bit tense here, those damned Haalu have been trying to steal our research... only by chance...

Quote:Dear ... ,
We share your concern, we believe that in a very few years the Hlaalu, with the help of their corrupt Imperial Masters, and the Vampiric Dres between them will have overwhelmed a substantial proprtion of our homeland. Though we have been trying to warn our people pay no attention...

.... hoping to found a University far from ...

Quote:Dear ....,
.... properties in Silgrad City itself are hideously expensive and very hard to come by. Also they are in the style of the Hlaalu and their Imperial Masters and I cannot believe you would feel comfortable there in the circumstances. As the situation in the Indoril homelands worsens I would expect that opinion against the Hlaalu among the Indoril would harden also...

However I happen to have a Redoran acquaintance Wink a rather reclusive philanthropist who has a most unusual property that he would be delighted to offer for lease to friends like you with such a fine dream. He should offer you a very reasonable price, not least because he also is fascinated by the study of Alchemy. He is in fact the very source of the unique texts that I sent to you previously...

It is situated on the borders of the mysterious Forgotten Forest where many unusual plants and species are to be found, and there are the partially ruined remains of a Redoran Stonghold that the previous owners abandoned when the Imperials began to take over in the region... This ruin might be renovated with a small investment and a bit of hard work ...

An exchange of documents and credit follows... some may be found [Books required]

-------------------

The Indoril Sages buy a ship, pack their books, manuscripts, scrolls and worldly goods into the ship and set off to find a new home; [Books required] - ship's rutter, ownership, cargo and passenger manifest...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Nerevarine has arrived in Vvardenfell

Bob####'s input:
"Lets say we add this to the "Latest Rumor Topic" for "some" npc's along the Bitter Coast area....

Rumor: "I heard that a ship recently left for Silgrad, but although it was heavily laden and carrying many passengers so there was no room for a garrison on board, what kind of people would take such risks?"

Rumor: "Well, it's a bad time to be afloat. A lot of ships have been disappearing, and trade has been hit hard."

A Little Secret: "It's got to be pirates. That many ships don't just disappear."

Journal: I have learned of a shipment headed for Silgrad, the locals here find it strange that they would make sail with no garrison aboard. With so much pirate activity in the area they are headed for disaster.

-------------

bob##### you mentioned a quest in which he kills a vampire... This brings him to the immediate attention of the Cerro as they were hunting the same one...

-------------

Quest: Shipment to Silgrad

Whether he/she has completed the Morrowind MQ or not does not matter at this point - the Nerev is intercepted by a messenger shortly after the quest bearing a crisp and succinct letter:

To The Rescue

Quote:Dear Sir/Madam,
it has come to our attention that you are both resouceful and capable, and we have urgent need of your services, please contact ...... at ...address... in Silgrad City ..... generous remuneration ......

The player meets the letter writer in Silgrad who is apparently a wealthy Redoran. The Nev enters the sitting room, where there is a side table laid out with three places and a choice of wines, and they talk:

Redoran scholar: "Welcome, welcome, please make yourself at home and refresh yourself. Gives Nerev various victuals. Redoran scholar: We have had dire news, brought by an old and respected colleague and dear friend..."

A Voice seemingly coming from thin air chimes in: "Really dear, not so much of the old, Ancient more-like..."
... One second there were only two of them in the room, and then the Nerev turns to confront - the most raggid and wild Indoril he has ever seen, with a looong beard, and tattered and stained clothing. And he is human!...

Redoran scholar: "Allow me to introduce you .......nerev name... this is Naimer Indoril, noted scolar and head of the Indoril party that is hoping to found a wonderful new University here in Silgrad"

Nerev: "But you are of mankind, how can you be Indoril?"

Naimer Indoril: "Ummm, well. Forgive this ragged appearance. Great to meet you at last, heard so much about you and your adventures. Hmmm, well, yes, it is a bit unusual. The people of our House can be rather stuffy and pig-headed about 'propriety' but they really are a kind people at heart.

My distant Ancestor was found by a Lord of the Indoril in the wreckage of a caravan that had been attacked by bandits or something. He was just a tot, but lusty for all that. When the Indoril warband cautiously approached the smoking ruin my forbear charged the warband with a terrifying scream and a somewhat bent, but very sharp dagger, crying out: "Death to bandits and daemons." Apparently they had quite a time convincing him that they were friends and had only stopped by to help.

Seems the Lord was impressed by his courage and determination, so he adopted him then and there..."

Nerev: "That's hard to believe, my experience of the Indoril reaction to strangers to date is more like: 'We're watching you, SCUM' "

Naimer Indoril laughs: "Ah, you've met some Ordinators? We believe that they are not actually mer at all, but rather Daedric minions in disguise - it seems to happen when they put the mask on. Maybe the masks are enchanted and transpose the real ordinator with a monster from Oblivion. Nice armor though, eh?"

Nerev: "You had a serious reason for contacying me... the reason for the message?"

Quite, quite, anyways. umm I'm afraid our party has run into an unexpected hazard. We were sailing a round about route to avoid the pirates, and ran straight onto a submerged rock on the Coast SE of Silgrad. Time is of the essence and the Argonian Legion is nearer, but if I had risked the Marshes and got lost ... no I could not risk that. We must trust in you. If the word gets out we may find ourselves in a race with rather unfriendly types. There are all sorts of ruffians in the locality. I will show you the path and be no trouble - you'll hardly know I'm there."

Nerev: "Excuse me, but you seem a bit the worse for wear...are you really up to this right now?"

Naimer Indoril: "Don't you worry about me, I've known greater hardship and survived worse than the shipwreck, and I'm mostly still around to tell the tale ... mind you, you'll be there to do the fighting if any, if that's acceptable?"

Redoran scholar interjects: "My patron offers this potion as part payment in earnest of our good will and intentions" Hands Nerev 300pt INT pot - duration 2,000 minutes.

Naimer Indoril: That's settled then, let us go to the market, I have arranged the purchase of a number of Pack Guar - marvellous beasties - we'll need them to get everything safely here. There's rather a lot I am afraid

~~~~~~~~~~

At this point the Player will have the quest active and can go at any time

The Nerev is given the choice. If he clicks yes "Lead on then sirra"

Naimer Indoril: Good, good we must get busy then, let us go to the market, I have arranged the purchase of a number of Pack Guar - marvellous beasties - we'll need them to get everything safely here. There's rather a lot I am afraid, coming?

The player now has the follow / wait here commands in the menu.

The follow command just gets Naimer and party going along the pre-chosen route

They go to the most suitable place in Silgrad City to pick up a small herd of pack Guar and proceed towards the site of the shipwreck.

a small adventure along the way

-------------------------------------

What the Nerev finds:

If the player accepts the commission continued: The player follows the raggidman - who is apt to appear and disappear at odd moments while the Nerev is busy herding the guar - they arrive at the site of the shipwreck to find that the survivors and the cargo are gone... continues below ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If the player clicks no Nerev: "Sorry, not interested, but thanks for the potion" he loses a lot of goodwill with the Redoran, Cerro and Indoril. End of conversation.

Even though the player rejected the commission if he visits the site of the wreck later he will find Naimer Indoril there with a small herd of Guar.

Naimer Indoril: So you changed your mind did you? Well, as you see I have got here without your aid, but you may go some way to redeem yourself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The player is again given a choice:
nerev: No, just passing through - seems too late anyway old man.

Naimer Indoril: Then you will forgive me as I have business to attend to.

This is an end to any dealings between the University and the player. much will happen, and the University will be built, but who knows how much better it might have been if the Nerev had decided otherwise?

The player sees the raggidman approach an Argonian solier who is sitting on the rocks above the ship, and after a whispered conversation the two move off with the Pack Guar in tow... and out of view ... end of quest ... the player will not be able to follow them. How this is possible with a whole herd of guar is known only to the raggidman...

There is an aftermath.

Shortly after the twain leave a band of pirates burst out of the undergrowth, and immediately assault the player... a tough fight ensues, with some medium tasty booty.

Assuming that the player triumphs, there is the ship. If the player enters the ship it shifts, and sinks and lands on the sea-bed upside down. He/she cannot leave. He/she drowns or starves to death - endit.

----------------------
Book required - Naimer Indoril's Diary +
Rumors: required
little secret/s: required

For Naimer Indoril this is just a temporary setback - he will go on with the lArgonian Legionnaire to locate the pirate ship, and do by stealth what the Nerevarine might have achieved by main force or magic.

The Sages are freed and the precious books and other possessions regained. Having made their farewells to their new Argonian friend - whom they handsomely reward they return to silgrad City and they found their beloved University at the edge of the nearby Dark Forest.

Once his colleagues are safely at the new building site (with a squad of reliable guards) Naimer Indoril returns to the wreck of their ship with an able work crew to attempt to refloat the wreck.

When he arrives he is astonished to see a scene of utter carnage - pirates (and pieces of pirates) are strewn all over the place. And there is the Argonian wandering about in apparent bemusement.

Naimer tells her that if he had realised what a fercious warrior she was he would have let her do the fighting at the pirate ship. Then remembering his manners asks if she is wounded, and she explains that this was not her doing - she returned to find this, and veteran that she is, is clearly shocked by the scale of the carnage... no mercy has been shown.

Naimer then wonders what happened to the pirate ship, were there any pirates left to return there? leaving the work Crew to clean up the mess the two friends carefully make their way there, to discover that the ship is empty, so the Naiomer remains to guard it while he sends the Argonian to fetch the skeleton crew that he has hired to salvage the Sages Ship, and he sends their prize to the nearest friendly port.

The loot from the ship is considerable, but they do not sell it as this will be a very useful asset in the long years to come. It's not every University that owns a pirate ship! Wink Any the ship can usually be found at the port where they first berthed it. There the stands the proud new Captain in her splendid uniform. It is the Argonian Legionnaire who has taken honorable retirement from the Legion and hired on many of her old comrades to make room for the eager young bloods who wish to join the Legion. The ship now also serves as an auxhilliary defensive asset for the Redoran Portmaster in the event of Pirate attack - which brings in a tidy extra sum every year.

If sweet talked her attitude to the Nerev will temporarily improve and
she will be delighted to show them the unique sword she wears - the Pirate Captain had left it mounted on the wall of his cabin - and tell the tale. She remembers the Nerev as the one who was too busy to help and she makes clear that passage on the ship is only for University Personnel and their Honored Guests.

Once the conversation is finished she again regards the Nerev with suspicion.

Confusedhrug: What? Just to rub it in! Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[I]... /continued form above, if the player says yes:
The two yes options join here:

The two travellers arrive at the site of the shipwreck to find it deserted, except for an Argonian Legio footsoldier sitting on the rocks above the ship.

If they talk to her the player may note that the social index is very low (this Legionnaire is clearly not in a mood to simply trust the unlikely pair) :

Argonian Legionnaire: Who are you? And what is your business here?

The player may try his/her social skills...

Nerev: Did you see what happened here?
If the player tries sweet-talking and is lucky or skilled the Argonian will explain that she has been following a group of pirates. They seized the scholars and the cargo. They would have looted the rest of the ship, but it shifted, and they decided that it would be too dangerous... so they took their prizes to their ship intending to return to see if anything could be done to loot or salvage the wreck later...... continued...[/I]

If the player tries bribery the Argonian assumes that they are pirates and attacks. Once the Argonian is disposed of....

choices:
watch for the pirates to leave their ship, then rescue the Scholars and their possessions, no time for looting the pirates are coming back...

etc.... add to this later
Steven Erikson.

10-23-2006, 10:40 PM,
First Building Choices
--------------------------
FORWARD PLANNING
Building Choices
The player's advice to the raggidman as to the choice of Archtectural Style defines the patronage of the university
building choice:
1) renovate Redoran - the Indoril accept Redoran and Cerro patronage.
This is a single stronghold - it does not really suit the purpose of a University, but it will be quick to do as what is mostly needed is digging, and interior.

- consequences - acceptance by certain Redoran (and Cerro) and are free to retain their Indoril Identity

--------------------------------------------------

2) to build new Hlaalu - the Indoril forsake their roots totally, and also reject the friendship of their Redoran and Cerro patrons

- consequences - the Redoran request the scholars prove their trustworthyness by swearing to Redoran. They must be aware that if this happens they will be seen as traitors to Indoril thereafter.

If the Nerev further coucils them to refuse to accept induction into House Redoran they can continue to build the University, but ...

The Cerro feel betrayed and do their damndest to wipe out the scholars and their dream - absolute catastrophe... The Nerev is called away to a meeting with a senior member of House Redoran, and during the night the Cerro attack in overwhelming numbers... leaving no witnesses...

This has disasterous consequences for both the nascent University and the Cerro.
The building/s are destroyed, and most of the Scholars are killed. A few who were in the City overnight return to utter devastation. They begin the task of salvaging whatever they can from the wreckage... none of them will speak to the Nerev... They believe that the Redoran have done this and begin to pack whatever they can find... determined to fulfill their dream, but with more trusworthy allies...

This may not be the end for them as much of their property had yet to be brought to the unfinished campus...

The ST House Redoran are aware of the Nerev's advice, and though they do not know who trashed the Uni, but they will no longer trust the Nerev, how high he rises in House Redoran elsewhere...

Redoran Scholar: "Your deeds may earn you the love and admiration of your fellows elsewhere, and we may even feel grateful for your efforts in other times and other places, but after this betrayal and its consequences we will never trust you again. Those wonderful people, our mutual hopes and dreams, destroyed. We will never understand what you thought you were doing"

Naimer Indoril has survived, ... he swears an oath that so long as he lives he will not discard the rags that he wears, for the shame that he has brought upon his house, unless he can somehow find the means to make good the dream. He does not blame the Nerev, but he no longer trusts the player's judgement, and he cannot bear to talk further. The Nerev will not meet him again.

It's not all bad - The Hlaalu and Dres are quite amused by the outcome - the Imperials seem to think it was a trajedy, but only to be expected that in a poor Province like Morrowind what would you expect? The Altmer say: They were never likely to achieve anything of academic consequence in any case... etc

The Ashlanders have heard a rumor of the destruction... they do not know what happened, but feel highly sympathetic toward the Indoril, but also decide that such an outcome is not unexpected in the affairs between the Great Houses... they have known all about betrayal, ever since Red Mountain, they have lived with it.

Hey bob ##### I hope you like this softening of the 'consequences' of betraying the Redoran and the scholars' dream. The idea is partly to allow the TES4 modders to pick up on the Quest if they wish, and yet give the player the sense that the choices made have true value attached and far reaching consequences...

When the Main Campus is halfway complete

The project is proving far more costly than at first anticipated - the builders are screwing the Indoril Founders of the University for every gold piece they can get, and the Founders are strapped for cash so (apparently just by chance or out of the blue - is there any such thing?) they meet a shady character (your choice) who mentions that the Fighters' Guild is interested in establishing an Academy, and ... more questing ... the Founders accept the commission for:

The Fighters' Academy
which might be built in the Imperial or Hlaalu Style... and ?by co-incidence? the Fighters insist it be nicely placed at the spot on the southern edge of Silgrad Territory where the Founders were attacked by Pirates, and where the Hlaalu are likely to be encroaching...

------------------------

The next stage is to complete the Original Main Campus

- that might start with
a Unique Indoril Building - it will be the On-Campus Research Building - well away from the other buildings for various reasons:

this has benefits down the line - there are a lot of modders in Vvardenfell, and they will have need to create Indoril refugee communities, so we might entice one of them in... ? This could provide the concept basis for an Indoril Tileset... And many players would be fascinated to see what true Indoril building looks like = golden opportunity... and powerful impact if done well.

-------------------------------

Last stage - Expansion

Universities need to attract students and professors from other cultures - or they are mere local colleges. And there are 'freedom factions' in various Provinces... these are the most culturally egocentric of their races... so some of them have special requirements that must be met if the University is to retain them - especially the Bosmer and the Khajiit.

So letters to be sent inviting some very special Tamriellians with special skills and even more special Housing requirements. Thus the last step is about getting to the Nords (to protect them from everyone who wants to kill them because of the current invasion) and Redguards who have been insulted by the Nords and demand satifaction, the Bosmer (who are accused of a theft), The Argons sadly are ambushed by the Cammona Tong and the remains are found by our hero, the Khajiit (some of whom are former escaped slaves) are in desperate straights as the Cammona Tong are after them too, and the Bretons (name that quest - by deciding who might think they are spies) in time at the Borders to escort them safely, despite mounting and increasingly co-ordinated opposition (may even include some of the out of control, and raging Cerro, who have been tracking a band of Imperial Vampires hired by unknown opposition, to the Campus = and once they all arrive there is overcrowding and boy can those academics bitch. So there is more questing to build suitable accomodations for them esp = a Greenpact home and a Khajiit home.

The Bretons (they are formidable Alchemists) are there courtesy of a very special Lady known as Barenziah ... her son may be unfortunate, but she is well loved and better connected, and has a soft spot for the Indoril - maybe due in part to the efforts of her personal friend and biographer who admires their efforts and has recommended the Bretons by reputation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steven Erikson.

10-24-2006, 06:23 AM,
RE: First Building Choices
Raggidman say's
1) renovate Redoran - the Indoril accept Redoran and Cerro patronage

Bob######## say's
I agree whole heartedly.... my only concern here is that Silgrad is a Hlaalu Arch. City...so we justify having a redoran building by simply following our own ST Lore... Silgrad was build over the old Redoran Village of Kogo Tel.
and remains from that time have been unearthed. :check:

Now what are we gonna use ?
Emperor Crab Shell is too big for that area, we would have to scale it down
which isn't a problem
All the other redoran building types just wouldn't look right as a University

Hey bob ##### I hope you like this softening of the 'consequences' of betraying the Redoran and the scholars' dream.

Bob##### say's

Softening ?? I was beginning to actually feel sorry for them Smile
Raggidman say's
When the Main Campus is halfway complete

Bob say's
Good intro to getting the FG in.... I can't think of any shady Characters involved with the Fighters Guild on Vv...except the ones the Nerevarine eventually kills to climb the FG ladder, so that will have to be a WIP to think of someone or add someone
Raggidman say's

The next stage is to complete the Original Main Campus
- that might start with
a Large, Unique Indoril Building

Bob #################### say's

If we go with the Emporer Crab Shell why to we want to add more, and use a different style of Archetecture ?

It might be a bit of overkill, though having new models would make me tremendiously happy Big Grin
Raggidman say's

Last stage - Expansion

Bob ### say's

I dont have a problem with sending out invitations, I think this should be part of the quests done by the hero in order to gain respect amoung the Indoril and Cerro leaders, also through these deliveries, the hero can learn more of what is actually going on in the Indoril story

Not to sure about adding different building styles to accomidate, got to think about that for a bit

I'm all out of fingers tonight will continue tomm...

Smile
Bob