Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claim Zero - the Height Map is finished
12-23-2008, 05:24 AM,

Yep. Normal mpas are needed and glow maps can be applied. they work fine by the way.

I'd like a really fluffy moss texture to apply to rocks. Tongue Just to make some rivers look ancient and undisturbed. I also think we need dried bamboo textures for architectures and items.

(As ra sends me the textures and tree, i'm adding them to the esp. )
12-23-2008, 10:42 AM,

Good job guys,the list is perfect for start.
Can't wait to see the textures. Smile
12-27-2008, 04:49 AM,

Heres a view of the most recent heightmap (looking south). The highlands havent been terraced yet since i thinks its better done with a plan in mind than just random blotches in a mountainside.

[Image: akavirerodedheightmap.jpg]

As you can see, the erode effect has been applied to the whole island for that authentic natural feel. The yellow indicates low lands - mainly beaches and shores. The light blue shows shallow water. The shores should be fine in most places. Several lakes have been added and enlarged and a river (the only real river) now cuts through the bamboo forest area which should help FPS in the area + add some more interesting locations and possibly aid Ra's development. The place is now more hilly but if development requires it, i can smooth and flatten them to the needed degree.

I'm feeling that the imperial camp should be more tropical (which would definitely be a big advantage when it comes to resources) and as one moves inland towards the mountains, adopt that secretive, asianesque feel atmosphere (possibly a fog region towards the gorge).
12-27-2008, 07:24 AM,

Brilliant, Looks Very Professional.
12-27-2008, 08:31 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by ciao_gamer
Brilliant, Looks Very Professional.

Agreed,the HM is really nice.
12-27-2008, 10:06 AM,

How big this is compared to the Cyrodill?
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
12-27-2008, 11:55 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by mirrored
How big this is compared to the Cyrodill?

if SI is about a quarter of cyrodiil then this is just over a third of SI, so i think about 1/12th which is still pretty big.
01-06-2009, 11:05 PM,

Mirrored is right. These posts do belong in the game design thread. I just am not thinking too clearly right now so that just went over my head. Thanks for the reminder mirrored. I will try to get these posts moved to the correct thread in the next few days.

In the meantime, please make any other posts about game design in that thread.

There isn't an easy way to merge those posts into the other thread. I may have to copy and paste them over.

Later: I have now copied the part of the thread that went off topic into the design thread. Thanks again mirrored for helping get this thread back on track.
01-10-2009, 12:25 AM,

Nice! :goodjob: