Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Vvardenfell to the other mods
12-18-2005, 01:13 PM,
Connecting Vvardenfell to the other mods
Putting this out rather early but I think it needs a little discussion. With the Morrowind game I had Blacklight connect with two areas so far, a Mage's Guild teleport to Caldera and a boat to Dagon Fell.

I would like your thoughts on how we can link our areas together, I think a western bridge would be not a good suggestion but boats to Blacklight, Steadhelm, Ebbedin, Windhelm, and other villages may be a good idea as well as teleports to Blacklight, Silgrad Tower, Reich Parkeep, Port Telvannis, and other areas can be worked out as well.
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
12-18-2005, 01:34 PM,

perhaps...for ship travel from Vvardenfell to Morrowind mainland....
these are the western ports of Vvardenfell...
Gnaar Mok- Steadhelm, Ebbedin
Hla Oad- (any ports that Ben's Velothi Mts. mod will have)
Dagon Fell- Blacklight
Gnisis- Blacklight
Khuul- Blacklight
Ald Velothi- Blacklight
Ebonheart?- Blacklight, Steadhelm, (any ports that Ben's Velothi Mts. mod will have)

and as for Mages Guild teleporting...
I think Blacklight to Caldera is good.... perhaps cities that are more Imperial will teleport to Caldera if they have a Mages Guild. If Redoran the Mages Guild could take the player to Aldruhn? and so on...

and Windhelm... isn't that a Skyrim city? is the Blacklight mod going to extend into parts of Skyrim?
does the Skyrim mod agree with this? I hope to have Dagon Fell connect with Windhelm and maybe Winterhold is possible....
12-18-2005, 01:45 PM,

The Skyrim mod doesn't include Windhelm. But the suggestions are really good on the transportation ideas.

The only reason that Windhelm isn't included there because I wanted to try and recreate the city for Blacklight as a complement to the city and work on Nordic architecture there. Smile
Morrowind Insurance Company. Now with Horse & Guar Insurance! :goodjob:

Ask about our Adventurer's Life Policy (sorry, it does not cover companions that you push off cliffs, throw into Oblivion gates, or eaten by that nearby hungry troll :eek: )
12-18-2005, 02:58 PM,

besides telportation will we also be linking the mods in the literal sense as well (yeah i know i keep pushing this Kukluza), ya know, being able to walk between all of them (time-permitting)
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
12-18-2005, 05:44 PM,

I hope you can really swim from Blacklight to Vvardenfell... but if that's too hard or not possible... then we could always use invisible border... and you have to teleport....
still I'd rather be able to swim... and get eaten alive by a million dreugh...

yes instead of spending 13 gold to teleport, I want to be eaten :yes: ....I'm not joking... bring those crab-headed squid-assed freaks on, I'm ready!
...well, actually I really like Dreugh, so I'm not gonna diss them
12-19-2005, 09:16 PM,

Swimming from one place to the other is a defintae must. Maybe not when everything is first released, but eventually, I think there must be a way for it to happen! :banana:
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
12-19-2005, 09:32 PM,

It should be possible. It's not like Cyrodill and Morrowind will be in different worlds (like Oblivion, for example).
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
12-19-2005, 10:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
It should be possible. It's not like Cyrodill and Morrowind will be in different worlds (like Oblivion, for example).
Treu, Oblivion will be pockets of space that you can teleport to through the gateways that show up around Cyrodiil. Each pocket being an autonomous region (seperate cell) in and of itself.

Our mod I think will just be an extension of the borders already in the northeast of Cyrodiil. Or, I mean the Silgrad and Blacklight mods will be, and we will be just another extension beyond them. So I guess until we all get it together, the PC will just have to warp to our mod (if we get it out before Silgrad).
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
12-20-2005, 09:17 AM,

Yes.
I'k looking forward to Skyrim, Valenwood, Hammerfall mods. Hmmm...... Smile
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
12-21-2005, 03:07 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
Yes.
I'k looking forward to Skyrim, Valenwood, Hammerfall mods. Hmmm...... Smile
Skyrim is being worked on by Danath_in and Galrina...
....Tamriel Rebuilt is looking to make Hammerfell.....
I'm not sure about Valenwood...
I dunno about you but I'm looking mostly forward to the Vvardenfell mod :]

(I am planning mods for after Vvardenfell... I don't know if they would interest anyone here... and you can kinda tell that some of the mod content I suggest for Vvardenfell foreshadows my other planned mods)